20 replies to this topic

#16 sunnyCA

sunnyCA

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

Back to the topic of anyone who used their services...we did. 2 or 3 years ago they came by and my husband liked the boy, thought he was a nice kid, trying his best, etc. He hired the kid without doing any reviews :headbang:

I was frustrated after I read the reviews, but they had our deposit, etc. so we decided to see how it went and were very pleasantly surprised. They did a great job and our house looked fantastic. The team we had had a great work ethic and really did a nice job. They were young (juniors at Chico) and after they were done they would hang out with my elementary aged boys and shoot baskets, etc. They were really genuinely nice and did good work.

So, just remember, most of the reviewers are people with an axe to grind. We were very happy but honestly have never taken the time to review the services...we are just happy with our new house color and get a lot of compliments on the job.

#17 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

Back to the topic of anyone who used their services...we did. 2 or 3 years ago they came by and my husband liked the boy, thought he was a nice kid, trying his best, etc. He hired the kid without doing any reviews :headbang:

I was frustrated after I read the reviews, but they had our deposit, etc. so we decided to see how it went and were very pleasantly surprised. They did a great job and our house looked fantastic. The team we had had a great work ethic and really did a nice job. They were young (juniors at Chico) and after they were done they would hang out with my elementary aged boys and shoot baskets, etc. They were really genuinely nice and did good work.

So, just remember, most of the reviewers are people with an axe to grind. We were very happy but honestly have never taken the time to review the services...we are just happy with our new house color and get a lot of compliments on the job.

Glad you had a good experience.
After reading some reviews, I am actually more concerned for the college kids working for this company and whether they are getting the pay that is promised to them.

#18 B&G

B&G

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

This company College Works painting came to my house,( In Prairie oaks) and I hired them, and signed a contract with them.. After an incident happened ( Intern not completing power washing the house etc, and not calling me back etc) I researched their Contract license, and the “intern” who signed my contract was not a license contractor nor was he a license salesperson to sign a contract. Also there were things listed on the contract that were not up to par with State Board Licensing laws.. Such as the warranty of the paint on the house, Contract said two years, well if you are a contract legally you are responsible for up to four years. Anyways to make a long story short, given the initial issues I had, and legally my contract was not legally binding, I was able to back out of my contract and was able to get a refund. Due to liability issues, I would not use them. Now I need a painter, as I have test patches all over my house.

#19 nmarhauer

nmarhauer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

I used College Works a couple of summers ago and was happy with their work.

#20 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

I used College Works a couple of summers ago and was happy with their work.

Do you work for College Works? it seems a little odd to me that your only post on the forum thus far is to promote them.

Thank you B&G. Your experience confirmed my suspicions.

My painter is Matt Donato, 916-837-7574

#21 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

My nephew in the Midwest worked for a similar company, I think it was College Pro Painters or something, and it was a positive experience for him. He made decent money, worked hard, and now considers himself an expert painter. ;) I don't know if it was a door-to-door soliciting job or not, but I definitely like the idea of young people making things happen and working hard. Those are good lessons. Door-to-door sales is an old occupation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users