Photo

Vintage 1984? Specialized Mountain Bike (Collectors Item)

Bicycles mountain bikes Bicycles Plus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aee2STN

Aee2STN

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:28 AM

Hey there. A friend of mine had me do an interesting favor the other day. That's look up what this vintage bike hanging in his room was worth and im so sorry hes a little old but they were selling online for 400-$800. Would any of you bike enthusiasts be interested in me digging up the details on this thing?

#2 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:56 PM

We would probably need to know the model (Rockhopper, Stumpjumper, etc).  All I can tell you is that they made a damn good bike. I rode a mid eighties Stumpjumper (still have it). I had it set up for touring, and rode it across Colorado and Utah. I also rode it every day in the foothills of LA both on and off road. I'm guessing around 15,000 miles and not a single problem. It is still in fine shape. That said, I'm not sure it's worth anything. The new bikes are so much more comfortable, and the tech has improved. If I still rode as much as I did then, I would get me something new to cruise with.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users