• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bamalynn

bamalynn

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:31 PM

I have a 1986 Toyota 4Runner 22re for sale that I purchased as a commuter vehicle. I decided I wanted something a little bigger, so now the truck has to go. It has only 90k miles on it! The original engine and transmission. This vehicle used to belong to an older couple who never took it off road or to the snow. The previous owner babied this vehicle and kept it in the garage its entire life! It is a 4 cylinder manual transmission, 4x4, red, the top has never been taken off. The Original paint almost looks new! It has some after market carpet and the seats were re-upholstered, but it blends in nicely and doesn't look out of place. The coolent system was just flushed and hoses were checked. Everything works fine and sounds great! It was just smogged and registered last month. There are a lot of die-hard 4Runner fans out there, so I'm hoping it goes to a good home that can appreciate how much of a rarity this 4Runner is with such low miles for its age. It has a clear title and fairly new tires. Not much else to say except that it is a great truck! I'm asking $6000 for it and seeing is believing! It will be available to see after this weekend, beginning 1-7-08. You can reach me on my cell at 916-871-3973. --Thanks. Jeff.

#2 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:51 AM

I had an 83 pickup for a while. Old Toyota trucks are completely bulletproof. Good luck with your sale!
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#3 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE(bamalynn @ Jan 4 2008, 10:31 PM) View Post
I have a 1986 Toyota 4Runner 22re for sale that I purchased as a commuter vehicle. I decided I wanted something a little bigger, so now the truck has to go. It has only 90k miles on it! The original engine and transmission. This vehicle used to belong to an older couple who never took it off road or to the snow. The previous owner babied this vehicle and kept it in the garage its entire life! It is a 4 cylinder manual transmission, 4x4, red, the top has never been taken off. The Original paint almost looks new! It has some after market carpet and the seats were re-upholstered, but it blends in nicely and doesn't look out of place. The coolent system was just flushed and hoses were checked. Everything works fine and sounds great! It was just smogged and registered last month. There are a lot of die-hard 4Runner fans out there, so I'm hoping it goes to a good home that can appreciate how much of a rarity this 4Runner is with such low miles for its age. It has a clear title and fairly new tires. Not much else to say except that it is a great truck! I'm asking $6000 for it and seeing is believing! It will be available to see after this weekend, beginning 1-7-08. You can reach me on my cell at 916-871-3973. --Thanks. Jeff.

Pictures people, PICTURES!!!!!!!!!
<3

#4 bamalynn

bamalynn

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Jan 5 2008, 08:17 AM) View Post
Pictures people, PICTURES!!!!!!!!!

I will be posting pictures soon, as the truck is my husband's and he is on-call for work right now so the truck is with him. We live near Sacramento, CA in case anyone wanted to know.

Thanks.

#5 freqflyer

freqflyer

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:10 AM

I had an '86 4 runner when I lived in Breckenridge. I loved that thing. Never once got stuck in the snow. Brings back memories.....
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go.
You won稚 lag behind, because you値l have the speed.
You値l pass the whole gang and you値l soon take the lead.
Wherever you fly, you値l be the best of the best.
Wherever you go, you will top all the rest.
I'm sorry to say so
But, sadly it's true
That bang-ups and hang-ups
Can happen to you.
On an on we will hike, And I know we値l hike far
and face up to our problems whatever they are.
We値l get mixed up of course, as we already know.
We値l get mixed up with many strange birds as we go.

#6 Germ-RicanGrl

Germ-RicanGrl

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:54 PM

I'm sure this is one sweet car but....$6000 for a 22 year old car?

#7 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(Germ-RicanGrl @ Jan 7 2008, 06:54 PM) View Post
I'm sure this is one sweet car but....$6000 for a 22 year old car?

You can't judge a 4x4 by the blue book. People mod them too much. I can't say if this one is worth it or not without seeing it but it's not out of the question. Just passing smog and current tags is worth a couple of grand.

Also note that this one is garage kept and has about 1/3 the mileage of a typical specimen.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#8 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:23 PM

I'm going to have to say that it is worth the price. It would be even more worth it if it was an 1985 or less because of the solid axle up front.

#9 (Gaelic925)

(Gaelic925)
  • Visitors

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:43 AM

It is vintage Toyota and with only 90k miles will go twice that or more!

#10 bamalynn

bamalynn

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:50 PM

Attached File  Drivers_side.jpg   96.14K   41 downloadsOkay. These are long overdue, but worth the wait. I shrunk down the size, and in doing so, the quality is a little on the fuzzy side. I can send clearer pictures directly to anyone who wants them. I was only allowed to post two at a time, but if anyone wants to see more, just let me know. smile.gif

Attached Files

#11 bamalynn

bamalynn

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:12 PM

This has been spoken for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users