8 replies to this topic

#1 Homerunner

Homerunner

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:49 AM

Anybody else notice how all the lawns along McAdoo are now dead?  What was once a very attractive entry to our neighborhood, is now ugly and neglected.  And please don't say it is connected with the drought, because the downslide and neglect have been years in the making.  Even in the good water years, landscape maintenance was hit and mostly miss, with no service for many months throughout the year. Willow Springs homeowners deserve better.

#2 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 02:26 PM

Yes I've noticed that when I drive thru there. Looks bad.

But on the positive side, it's nice to see that lake on Marsh Hawk is full again. It was a pathetic little puddle a few months ago.

#3 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 06:11 PM

It looked the same way here in Natoma Station prior to the low water landscape being installed.  Given the fact the grass is largely dead, I gotta guess it was sprayed to kill it.

#4 knittychick

knittychick

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:54 PM

I saw them working on the landscaping on McAdoo today. From what I could see its going to look great.

"Peace is always beautiful." - Walt Whitman

#5 Homerunner

Homerunner

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:50 AM

Well it looks like it's finally finished and there's no other words to say, except...... it looks simply awful!  Just a sea of brown bark - no dimension or landscaping to replace the turf.  Bark went down hastily over existing lawn/weeds with no weed barrier used, so expect the lawn sprouts and weeds to emerge in full glory shortly.  Landscaping contractors weren't ever in the the subdivision anyway except to mow the lawn, so expect the same decline  to continue.  At least Natoma got some new plantings with its sea of bark.  Willow Springs residents got majorly ripped off and are paying for this through their Mello Roos taxes!!   All this rush to convert every square inch possible to no water/maintenance zones so the City can produce a proof of water supply for south of 50 development.  Wake up folks - your tax dollars are being utterly wasted and the quality of our once beautiful neighborhoods are declining in this greed-mongering sprawl!

#6 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:47 PM

They are ripping out all kinds of lawn up American River Canyon Drive as well. Replacing it with bark and a few plants, some of which are dead already. Gives it a much more commercial look rather than residential. Just my opinion...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#7 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:59 PM

It is all a nefarious  plan by the city council and their cohorts to take as much water from the north to put into the developers hands for the SO50 ...

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#8 Howdy

Howdy

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:07 AM

Willow Springs residents got majorly ripped off and are paying for this through their Mello Roos taxes!!   

Is it in your Mello Roos or do you pay an additional Lighting & Landscape bond?(L&L)

#9 Homerunner

Homerunner

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:33 AM

These "non-improvements" come from Mello Roos for Willow Springs (about $1134.00 assessed on each tax bill). Willow Springs Lighting/Landscape tax ($28 each tax bill) only covers the streetlights.  A lot of subdivisions in Folsom have both, but the L&L is typically not funded appropriately from the start, is subject to usage restriction, and voter approval of any increases).  It's easier and less transparent for the city to grab Mello Roos dollars.  If it were truly an improvement and the city used the funds to install and maintain, I'd be less concerned.  With the money saved in water conservation and now no lawn maintenance, we should expect that the money we have been paying should be used and contractor time devoted toward keeping things trimmed, weed free, etc., , but we all know that ain't gonna happen. Lighting/Landscaping is a joke in Folsom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users