3 replies to this topic

#1 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:38 AM

I'm not a big fan of the "report your neighbor" attitude of this article from the Chronicle but I think it would be valuable to have the page bookmarked on your smartphone for those times where you see water being wasted, for instance in a shopping center parking lot which I see all the time. 

State water officials this week launched the drought-inspired website Save Our Water (www.savewater.ca.gov), 

which allows anyone in California to report water abuse with a simple touch of their smartphone or other digital device.

While many local water departments already have apps or Web pages for customers to rat out the neighbor who waters his lawn every day or the guy who washes his car too much, the state’s new site welcomes tips from anywhere in California.

In other words, you don’t have to know who’s in charge to be a drought hero.

The state site takes the anonymous report as well as any photos of the wasted water you include and sends them to the local water agency where the alleged abuse occurred.

http://www.sfgate.co...our-6417675.php

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#2 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:45 AM

I wonder if anyone follows up to see if the local agencies actually respond?

I too am not a fan of ratting out your neighbor.  I do see value, though, if you are driving down a street in any city and see a broken or leaking sprinkler, water bubbling out of a street connection, etc.  I know who to call in Folsom, but wouldn't necessarily know who to call in areas of Sacramento, Rancho Cordova, Fair Oaks, etc.

Thanks for posting this.  Hadn't heard of it before.

#3 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:22 AM

I wonder if anyone follows up to see if the local agencies actually respond?

I too am not a fan of ratting out your neighbor.  I do see value, though, if you are driving down a street in any city and see a broken or leaking sprinkler, water bubbling out of a street connection, etc.  I know who to call in Folsom, but wouldn't necessarily know who to call in areas of Sacramento, Rancho Cordova, Fair Oaks, etc.

Thanks for posting this.  Hadn't heard of it before.

Not for Neighbors, but in case of park, city , retail - who DO YOU CALL in Folsom ?  (since you mentioned it)

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#4 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:01 PM

Not for Neighbors, but in case of park, city , retail - who DO YOU CALL in Folsom ?  (since you mentioned it)

Well, you can call 355-7252 or email waterconservation@folsom.ca.us.

It is helpful if you can give precise location and directions so they can find the problem.  Photos also help, if possible.

If it is a matter of gutter flooding and not necessarily something broken a time and which day of the week also helps.

Add:  One more thing I forgot to mention.  If it is the weekend or after business hours and it is something huge like a water main break, don't just leave a message or email at the two contacts listed above.  Call the non-emergency number for the Folsom PD, 355-7230, and let them know so they can contact someone that's on call.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users