19 replies to this topic

#1 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:08 AM

Curios if anyone knows if school officials or the city is doing anything about this?  It looked like a scene out of the Birds driving by there the other morning.  I realize every school deals with this to some extent and I can even remember some around my HS growing up, but the scene at Sutter is way over the top.  Football field looked like it had a fresh blanket of snow and I can only imagine kids are having to duck for cover running between classes.  Not to mention all the guano that must be piling up around the campus.  Kind of disgusting...

#2 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:09 AM

Folsom High suffers from the exact same thing.

#3 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:00 PM

Yeah I've seen them around Folsom HS but nothing like what I see at Sutter.  Like 10x

#4 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:45 PM

Time to stat a Sutter Falconry club?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#5 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:46 PM

Gun free zone.....?   Crazies and sea gulls run amok.   Be careful what you vote for.....    A  Ruger 10.22 with a scope in the hands of a motivated janitor would solve the problem in a week.    Just saying........   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#6 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:59 AM

Maybe we should just kill all the wildlife so we don't have to deal with this kind of nuisance.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#7 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:16 PM

Maybe we should just kill all the wildlife so we don't have to deal with this kind of nuisance.

Nope, just kill a few of the leaders and the others get the message.   This is what we should do with ISIS, the PLO, the Iranians, and maybe a couple of the line coaches for the Patriots....?    Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#8 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:59 PM

Holster your firearms.  All that's really needed is a feisty Chihuahua off the leash every morning for about a week.

#9 olivia

olivia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:33 PM

Curios if anyone knows if school officials or the city is doing anything about this?  It looked like a scene out of the Birds driving by there the other morning.  I realize every school deals with this to some extent and I can even remember some around my HS growing up, but the scene at Sutter is way over the top.  Football field looked like it had a fresh blanket of snow and I can only imagine kids are having to duck for cover running between classes.  Not to mention all the guano that must be piling up around the campus.  Kind of disgusting...

Was the same 12 yrs ago when my son was there...Past performance is a good predictor of future behaviors...

#10 puppylover

puppylover

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 09:28 PM

Was the same 12 yrs ago when my son was there...Past performance is a good predictor of future behaviors...

What do you propose they do?

#11 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:05 AM

I can think of a lot of things they can be doing, but reality appears to be they are doing absolutely nothing.  If I had a kid that went there I would be making a big stink about it(no pun intended...) with school officials as I see it as a health/sanitary issue.

Not to mention Vista Jr Eagles football teams practice out there.  Can't imagine how much crap has been laid down on those football fields.  Would you want your kids playing in crap?

#12 TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 01:46 PM

Might be easier to just tell the kids to clean up after themselves and not feed the birds.

If the kids refuse, put them on clean up patrol after each lunch and make them clean up their trash and messes.

The birds are there because it's an open buffet on piles of trash and food after lunch time. Seagulls tend to congregate around trash to pick at it, ever been to the dump?

Svzr2FS.jpg

#13 25or6to4

25or6to4

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:38 PM

Ya think the seagulls don't fly anywhere else?

When storms come in, seagulls from the coast fly inland.

Trust me when I say they gather where ever they find a large enough place to gather.

If they are bad at SMS, guaranteed they are bad elsewhere as well.

"And the Wind cries Mary"

#14 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:38 PM

Seriously Truth...

The kids don't eat lunch on the football field. Yes seagulls like trash but this is absolutely not a trash problem.  It would take a freakin landfill to sustain the amount of birds that are out there.  This problem is a reflection of our current society and clueless school/city officials unable to identify a problem and take appropriate action. 

You sir should be absolutely ashamed of yourself for blaming this on the kids.  

#15 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:43 PM

You sir should be ashamed of yourself for blaming this on the kids.   I would punch you in the mouth right now if you made that lame comment in my presence...

It's fine to disagree with someone...but to make the comment you made makes me think you have major issues.

Hopefully you don't have kids. And if you do, God help them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users