http://www.kcra.com/...fornia/36418786

#2 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:23 PM

Excellent!  We need more water storage to match our increased people storage.

#3 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:29 PM

Yeah, just wait until the environmentalist nutjobs/terrorists "have a talk" with Ami Bera. He'll be singing a different tune.

I've seen this movie before.

#4 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:27 PM

Just curious why he supports an out of district water storage plan and not a local one (Auburn Dam). I'm for the storage in the vid, just curious.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#5 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:43 PM

A dem, low voter IQ ditz, no facts, dumb dem give me more stuff voter, obama care democrat supporting a dam and more water for people and not fish and estuaries......?   Wow, maybe I don't hate this turd so much now....?    Still hate him, maybe not so much....?   We'll see......    Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#6 25or6to4

25or6to4

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:25 PM

Did you know there are a bunch of high mountain lakes that used to have functioning dams.  Many of these could be quickly and cheaply placed back in operation.  I don't know what the total additional storage capacity is, but I have been to several of them during my travels in the mountains.  I think most used to be maintained and operated by utility companies.  Seems a shame nothing is being done to resurrect these during our time of need.

"And the Wind cries Mary"

#7 Robert Gary

Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:33 AM

Not sure the problem is storage when almost 1/2 the water from the dam is washed out to sea.

-Robert

#8 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:24 PM

Not sure the problem is storage when almost 1/2 the water from the dam is washed out to sea.

-Robert

Which is exactly what the Sites dam would do. Store winter run off to dump back into the delta in summer. It would mean we get to keep a lot of Folsom water instead of flushing it out to sea. My guess is that once we had more capacity, they would determine we needed to dump more for the fish, and consumers and farmers will get nothing.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users