• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mic57

mic57

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:52 AM

I have had it. I live in the Cobbleridge neighborhood (behind Food Source) and have noticed the increase in one or two specific people who keep letting their giant dog take a giant dump on the sidewalk. Not only is it incredibly rude to make your dog's mound your neighbor's problem, it's just plain gross! I am a dog owner, a responsible one and I expect the same from others. How hard can it be to grab those free baggies from the park and shove one in your pocket? Someone has posted Poop Patrol signs stating "we're watching you" on a few neighborhood light posts. I think that's great! I just hope you really can catch one of them. Please let me know when you do, I'd like to introduce myself wink.gif

#2 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:57 AM

if you know where they live - take the pooh to their house and leave it on their door step with a sign saying you are returning their trash and ask that they refrain from letting their dogs dirty the neighborhood - that is unacceptable - people who do that should have their faces shoved in it (just like you do with a dog) to teach them a lesson in proper ettiquette - the hard way.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#3 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:55 AM

I got a better idea when you find the offending poop. you put it in a paper bag and put it on the front porch and then light the bag and ring the door bell. most folks will stomp on the bag to put out the fire and get you know what on your shoes.

I have noticed a lot more poop on the trails as well. we might do a survey to see which neighborhoods have the most people who let their dogs mess up the trails. would be nice to vidio the offenders and put them on a web site...sort of like candid camera

#4 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 07:44 PM

I've noticed the increase in poop on the trails. It's as if people can't be bothered enough to even let their dogs stray a bit off the path to go, so they can leave it behind but well-hidden!
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#5 nhardy

nhardy

MyFolsom's 12th Round Pick

• Premium Member
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE(mic57 @ Dec 17 2005, 08:52 AM) View Post

I have had it. I live in the Cobbleridge neighborhood (behind Food Source) and have noticed the increase in one or two specific people who keep letting their giant dog take a giant dump on the sidewalk. Not only is it incredibly rude to make your dog's mound your neighbor's problem, it's just plain gross! I am a dog owner, a responsible one and I expect the same from others. How hard can it be to grab those free baggies from the park and shove one in your pocket? Someone has posted Poop Patrol signs stating "we're watching you" on a few neighborhood light posts. I think that's great! I just hope you really can catch one of them. Please let me know when you do, I'd like to introduce myself wink.gif

I live in that neighborhood too and it's really ticks me off. So you've actually seen the culprit? Please describe them to me so I can confront them when I see them walking by my house.
To all you Freaks, don't stop the rock....

#6 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 02:25 PM

So many people complain about this issue, yet our city council has refused to pass any ordinances that would make it an infraction to leave your dog's crap lying around where it becomes a health hazard. Has someone else besides me requested this from the city council? Maybe I'll drop another line to the new mayor to see if he can do something nobody else would.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#7 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 05:13 PM

I like Tessica's idea of making it an action item for the new mayor and the fiesty vice mayor. with the elections coming up soon we could demand each candidate take a position on the issue.

I sure would not want to het caught by fiesty Kerri with my dog doing his business on her yard.

I have a feeling that folks who leave the dog pooh also drive BMW's and drive fast and are probably nasty to others at soccer games.

#8 JMH

JMH

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:37 PM

Tessica I think that is a great idea. I have a small dog that I walk and pick up after and the dog owners who don't make us all look bad.

There seems to be a lot dog pooh left on the sidewalks around Natoma Station Elementary School. I can only imagine how many children run through it and hop in their cars only to find a huge stinking mess on their feet.

Yuk.

#9 SandPebble

SandPebble

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 05:13 PM

Still a problem here and it is June 2006. Not good. My son was playing at the community park and it ruined his shoes. People should pick up after their dogs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users