- - - - -

May 21St, Saturday, End Of The World!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:37 AM

As opposed to lackadaisical anti-Christians?

LOL!

#17 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:28 PM

Here are my favorite apocalypse songs (meant to post these a few days ago)

That house looks like one I saw down the street, a cute foreclosure with a lot of potential. Great Folsom neighborhood!!

#18 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:32 PM

As opposed to lackadaisical anti-Christians?

No, as opposed to people who are capable of discussing a controversial subject without resorting to character assassination, false accusation, rudeness, vulgar language & name calling....shall I continue?

for your reading pleasure, a local perspective
http://www.eaec.org/bibleanswers/Harold-Camping-Can-He-Go-Lower.htm

Just found another informative article with video links.
http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=300269

#19 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

No, as opposed to people who are capable of discussing a controversial subject without resorting to character assassination, false accusation, rudeness, vulgar language & name calling....shall I continue?

for your reading pleasure, a local perspective
http://www.eaec.org/bibleanswers/Harold-Camping-Can-He-Go-Lower.htm

I've just never heard of a rapid anti-Christian. I thought maybe you meant rabid, rampant, or maybe even vapid.

#20 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:19 PM

I've just never heard of a rapid anti-Christian. I thought maybe you meant rabid, rampant, or maybe even vapid.

Yeah, I did mean "rabid"....typo... :lol: but the response really was "rapid." :o I was just shocked to have, essentially, a dog-pile of written assault against me...and so quickly. In many ways, the response is totally understandable, I rocked their little party. But, the overall rudeness was astonishing.

#21 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:34 PM

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=121968371215699 in case your are interested :cheer: :2thumbsup:

Responses thus far:

34,905 Maybe Attending
673,373 Awaiting Reply
65,204 Not Attending

So, of 773,482 who have replied, about 10% are not attending the (falsely predicted rapture) post looting party...I can't even assume that these are even christians, because many people said they had other plans.

#22 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:46 AM

Responses thus far:

34,905 Maybe Attending
673,373 Awaiting Reply
65,204 Not Attending

So, of 773,482 who have replied, about 10% are not attending the (falsely predicted rapture) post looting party...I can't even assume that these are even christians, because many people said they had other plans.

Actually you missed the section that shows 460,000 that are attending...
...and the comments go the full range as one would expect on this sort of thing...

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#23 WolfMom

WolfMom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with the family. :-)

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:22 AM

Hey there, IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!

I thought San Andreas was your FAULT...
Dawn Grove

#24 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:23 AM

Actually you missed the section that shows 460,000 that are attending...
...and the comments go the full range as one would expect on this sort of thing...

Probably because I did not check that box.... the rapture of christians will not be happening this sat (may 21) as this idea is being promoted by a known false prophet.

#25 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:23 PM

I just wanted to wait until it was after midnight...to make sure the world was still here, to post this.

Religious fanatics have long been known to make ridiculous predictions about the end of the world. This latest prediction is no different, yet people of this mind set never seem to learn.

The thought of the end of the world does not frighten me as much as these kinds of people do.

Fanatical, gullible and down right stupid people are walking around this world every day, and their numbers are increasing. THAT is concerning!

The man who predicted this, Mr. Camping, has made millions on his preaching and his church. Will he NOW help those who gave their belongings away, because they believed his prophecy?

That would be the REAL Christian thing to do. But, I doubt he cares what he has put people through.

#26 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:50 PM

The man who predicted this, Mr. Camping, has made millions on his preaching and his church. Will he NOW help those who gave their belongings away, because they believed his prophecy?

That would be the REAL Christian thing to do. But, I doubt he cares what he has put people through.

I agree, Harold Camping the false prophet, should be held responsible for his influence upon gullible Christians who are too lazy to read the bible for themselves, and choose to follow a known charlatan... or a charismatic spiritual leader. Not sure if he can be sued, since Family Radio reports no donations were used to promote the May 21st doomsday (how convenient) advertisements. The marketing was paid for by sale of property.

If you're interested, here is the link to his May 23 interview.
Lots of excuses here.

And commentary from a local pastor, John S Torell http://www.eaec.org/.../05-23-2011.htm
Why is this pastor so bent on judging Harold Camping? How did he become the expert prosecutor of another christian ministry?

It is a sad situation when people look up to their spiritual leader & rely on that leader's interpretation instead of doing the research themselves. Bottom line, it is spiritual abuse when the leader manipulates the peeps by his own (mis)interpretation of the bible (or any other holy book), coming up with his own "spiritual" rules & regulations, stands above everyone as the only expert, then basks in the "adoration" of his brainwashed people.

#27 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:15 AM

I agree, Harold Camping the false prophet, should be held responsible for his influence upon gullible Christians who are too lazy to read the bible for themselves, and choose to follow a known charlatan... or a charismatic spiritual leader. Not sure if he can be sued, since Family Radio reports no donations were used to promote the May 21st doomsday (how convenient) advertisements. The marketing was paid for by sale of property.

If you're interested, here is the link to his May 23 interview.
Lots of excuses here.

And commentary from a local pastor, John S Torell http://www.eaec.org/.../05-23-2011.htm
Why is this pastor so bent on judging Harold Camping? How did he become the expert prosecutor of another christian ministry?

It is a sad situation when people look up to their spiritual leader & rely on that leader's interpretation instead of doing the research themselves. Bottom line, it is spiritual abuse when the leader manipulates the peeps by his own (mis)interpretation of the bible (or any other holy book), coming up with his own "spiritual" rules & regulations, stands above everyone as the only expert, then basks in the "adoration" of his brainwashed people.

This is why religion gets a bad rap, too many nut jobs out there who say they are right and everyone else is wrong - can't believe anyone anymore because it seems they're all just making up stuff to make a buck for their church business.

IMO, these people who are so called preachers and prey on the gullible to rob them of their money are worse then the devil himself.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users