MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:46 AM

Was last nights American Idol show hot or what?
One of my favorites has always been Lisa, but I don't know how long she can stand up against Mandisa, Paris and Katharine.
As for the guys, Chris is the only one that can compete with the these three.
I guess Kevin is going to continue because those little girls are voting like crazy.
Bucky has to go. Now!

#2 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE(MSgt @ Mar 22 2006, 07:46 AM) View Post

Was last nights American Idol show hot or what?
One of my favorites has always been Lisa, but I don't know how long she can stand up against Mandisa, Paris and Katharine.
As for the guys, Chris is the only one that can compete with the these three.
I guess Kevin is going to continue because those little girls are voting like crazy.
Bucky has to go. Now!

My votes for Katharine, next would be Mandisa (who turns out is a friend of my daughters math teacher)
for the guy - if Keven doesn't get voted off then teh whole show is a farse, chicken little has little talents that do not compare with the others. Chris is good...we'll see how he does.. and yeah Bucky the hair doo boy needs to go - his 15 minutes were up a long time ago

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#3 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:28 AM

I think Katherine is going to take it all, unless Chris does. They are both quite good, in different ways. Chris has amazing stage presence while Katherine has that soft, approachable persona. I still really like Taylor, though he doesn't have what it takes to make it to the end. Last night' performance was not good, bad song choice; same chords, too repetitive of a chorus. That said, I'd pay to see him live as long as it wasn't at the Sleep Train mongo stage place. Elliot is my dark horse choice. Given a little bit of polish, he could shine. If Underwood hadn't won last time, Pickler could have a shot, but she's like her sister.

Bucky is sooo horrible, but Lisa is going to go next because she just doesn't really connect. She's 16, she's got plenty of years to figure out how to do that.

This is the first time I've gotten into AI. Is it because the performers are better or because I just got worn down? Those of you who have watched it for seasons, let me know if this is a better batch.

#4 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
    Reading
    Fishing

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Mar 22 2006, 08:28 AM) View Post

I think Katherine is going to take it all, unless Chris does. They are both quite good, in different ways. Chris has amazing stage presence while Katherine has that soft, approachable persona. I still really like Taylor, though he doesn't have what it takes to make it to the end. Last night' performance was not good, bad song choice; same chords, too repetitive of a chorus. That said, I'd pay to see him live as long as it wasn't at the Sleep Train mongo stage place. Elliot is my dark horse choice. Given a little bit of polish, he could shine. If Underwood hadn't won last time, Pickler could have a shot, but she's like her sister.

Bucky is sooo horrible, but Lisa is going to go next because she just doesn't really connect. She's 16, she's got plenty of years to figure out how to do that.

This is the first time I've gotten into AI. Is it because the performers are better or because I just got worn down? Those of you who have watched it for seasons, let me know if this is a better batch.

I think this is a much better batch.
Your remarks about Taylor got me thinking. Who would I pay money to see today out of all of them? Probably Taylor because he is so much fun to watch. I like his voice also.

#5 benning

benning

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Mar 22 2006, 08:28 AM) View Post

Elliot is my dark horse choice. Given a little bit of polish, he could shine. If Underwood hadn't won last time, Pickler could have a shot, but she's like her sister.

I like Elliot, too, although he probably won't win because he's not nearly cute enough but after AI I will google him to see if he's got any albums out or to see what band he might be touring with as a back up vocalist. Ace is adorable but Chris clearly is the most confident and one of the most talented.

As for the women, many excellent vocalists and, no doubt, budding careers, but I'm not sure any of them stand out enough.

Given that Bo missed it last year, I think Chris has a very high probability of winning.

QUOTE(MSgt @ Mar 22 2006, 08:38 AM) View Post

I think this is a much better batch.
Your remarks about Taylor got me thinking. Who would I pay money to see today out of all of them? Probably Taylor because he is so much fun to watch. I like his voice also.

I agree. I would go see Taylor any day. He's hilarious, fun and a good vocalist. I want him at my high school reunion (!)
"L'essential est invisible pour les yeux."

#6 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:47 AM

Taylor just has that live/breathe music thing. You know he'll always be performing live, whether it's in front of millions or just at high school reunions, and won't be concerned with his success or popularity. He's got the music in him and I love that. He needs to hit the blues scene in Chicago!

#7 benning

benning

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Mar 22 2006, 08:47 AM) View Post

He needs to hit the blues scene in Chicago!

You're right. I'll skip my high school reunion and go there to seek him out!
Road Trip
"L'essential est invisible pour les yeux."

#8 nhardy

nhardy

MyFolsom's 12th Round Pick

• Premium Member
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:48 PM

I've got the "McFever".

Top 3 will be Taylor, Chris and Katharine.

To all you Freaks, don't stop the rock....

#9 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE(benning @ Mar 22 2006, 08:53 AM) View Post

You're right. I'll skip my high school reunion and go there to seek him out!
Road Trip

Maybe he'll be performing there this fall when I go back for my 20th reunion!

#10 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Mar 22 2006, 04:19 PM) View Post

Maybe he'll be performing there this fall when I go back for my 20th reunion!

Taylors good, he's just gotta stop doing those "Joe Cocker having a seizure" dance moves - makes him look goofy as all heck

#11 Folsom4Now

Folsom4Now

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with family, reading, many other things.

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:10 PM

My top three are Mandisa, Chris, and Taylor. smile.gif
"I love when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, one spirit" -Khalil Gilbran

#12 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:39 PM

Yes, I'm a dork. The computer is on the coffee table and I just watched the elimination show.

Thank goodness Kevin is gone. I thought there was some conspiracy going on here, what with Paula and Randy saying how much they liked him and then the faux commercial with him as the faux sex symbol. I don't know if Bucky is any better, but at least he doesn't sound like he has barbles in his mouth. Nor does he sound like he's trying to do a Bing Crosby imitation. Bucky just doesn't have any depth.

Oh God, why did I get hooked by this show??

Go Chris!

#13 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Mar 22 2006, 09:39 PM) View Post

Yes, I'm a dork. The computer is on the coffee table and I just watched the elimination show.

Thank goodness Kevin is gone. I thought there was some conspiracy going on here, what with Paula and Randy saying how much they liked him and then the faux commercial with him as the faux sex symbol. I don't know if Bucky is any better, but at least he doesn't sound like he has barbles in his mouth. Nor does he sound like he's trying to do a Bing Crosby imitation. Bucky just doesn't have any depth.

Oh God, why did I get hooked by this show??

Go Chris!

I missed tonites show but yeah!!! glad to hear that Kevin got the boot - he was an uber geek who's 15 minutes of fame went on way too long....

To me, you should be able to close your eyes and listen and see if their sound is something you would want to hear, something you would listen to more then once, something you would buy. I like Simon's critiques best, they may be harsh but they're realistic and he's right that a winner has to have the "wow" factor - that thing that would compel you to want to listen to them, or buy their CD. I never thought I'd do it, but I'll admit I got the Kelly Clarkston CD and wow its good...I can see why she won.

#14 nhardy

nhardy

MyFolsom's 12th Round Pick

• Premium Member
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Mar 22 2006, 09:39 PM) View Post

I don't know if Bucky is any better, but at least he doesn't sound like he has barbles in his mouth. Nor does he sound like he's trying to do a Bing Crosby imitation. Bucky just doesn't have any depth.

I actually like Bucky. He's got plenty of depth, just didn't show it the past few weeks.

I like Chris, but I'm curious why everytime he's on, he gets all the smoke and mirrors to go along with his performance? Nobody else seems to. Sure he's got a great voice, but we've already scene the "Rocker Dude" gig with Bo Bice. He's one dimensional, but if that's what sells then he's your guy.

Katharine or Taylor should win.
To all you Freaks, don't stop the rock....

#15 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
    Reading
    Fishing

Posted 23 March 2006 - 09:44 AM

I am glad "Chicken Little" was given the boot. I was worried that all those 9-14 year old girls would keep him going to the top 3. I am leaning towards McPheever myslef. Maybe Mandisa.

QUOTE(davburr @ Mar 22 2006, 06:34 PM) View Post

Taylors good, he's just gotta stop doing those "Joe Cocker having a seizure" dance moves - makes him look goofy as all heck

That is what I like about him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users