#19 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE(davburr @ Jun 2 2008, 08:47 AM) View Post
on a similar subject - the scooter that Mike got is really really nice. Helped him unload it from his truck Saturday and was very impressed with what a really nice scooter that is and the color is awesome!

Very tasty!

#20 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:03 AM

I'm not the hugest fan of new scooters, but I'm going to need to find a way to weasel this into the garage...

#21 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Jun 2 2008, 08:57 AM) View Post
I don't work at Aerojet.... laugh.gif

I thought you did, from the cycling to work thread.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#22 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE(Darth Lefty @ Jun 2 2008, 09:03 AM) View Post
I thought you did, from the cycling to work thread.

Nope... my work is near Sunrise and White Rock.

#23 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Jun 2 2008, 09:03 AM) View Post
I'm not the hugest fan of new scooters, but I'm going to need to find a way to weasel this into the garage...

That made me say hmmm, yeah, I wonder, so I found some more pics... from the front it looks like a John Deer lawn tractor. laugh.gif Never mind!
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

#24 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE(davburr @ Jun 2 2008, 08:47 AM) View Post
on a similar subject - the scooter that Mike got is really really nice. Helped him unload it from his truck Saturday and was very impressed with what a really nice scooter that is and the color is awesome!

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Jun 2 2008, 08:49 AM) View Post
PICTURE!!!

As Dave said, I bought the Aprilia SportCity. It has 244cc engine. Estimated 61 mpg, 0-50 in 7 sec, top speed rated at 79mph, 22.5 horsepower at 8,000 rpm and has front twin disc brakes It is a very nice looking scooter (if I may say so myself). My pics don't do it justice.
I drove it to work today for the first time (Natoma Station to EDH, Latrobe #4). I am trying to remember to vary the speed and not go fast for the first 650 miles for break in.
It felt great not to be burning up $5.00 a gal.
Dave, thanks for helping me unload it! biggrin.gif

#25 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE(MSgt @ Jun 2 2008, 02:01 PM) View Post
It felt great not to be burning up $5.00 a gal.

You're still paying $5 a gallon, that gallon just takes you a whole lot farther.

#26 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
    Reading
    Fishing

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:27 PM

Ok now some scooter advice questions:
1. Where do you park your scooter when you go to the store or somewhere away from home?
a. Are you every afraid it will get stolen?
b. Do you ever chain it up to something?
c. Do you ever park them on the side walk of say... safeway and not in the parking lot?
d. Am I being to parinoid about this?
2. Chris, you said I need a M1 license, not the M2 permit I currently have. why?

Dave gave me some good general riding suggestions that has already come in handy. I will post more questions as they come to my mind.

#27 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE(MSgt @ Jun 2 2008, 02:27 PM) View Post
Ok now some scooter advice questions:
1. Where do you park your scooter when you go to the store or somewhere away from home?
a. Are you every afraid it will get stolen?
b. Do you ever chain it up to something?
c. Do you ever park them on the side walk of say... safeway and not in the parking lot?
d. Am I being to parinoid about this?
2. Chris, you said I need a M1 license, not the M2 permit I currently have. why?

Dave gave me some good general riding suggestions that has already come in handy. I will post more questions as they come to my mind.

I have never worried to much about it getting stolen... scooters are small and can be picked up and put in a truck. If someone wants it, they are going to take it. When I am downtown and parking is limited I have parked on sidewalks with no troubles. I'd never do it in Folsom though. M2 is for motorized bicycles and anything below 49cc. You are at 250cc so you need a M1 license. Take the MSF course. You will learn more than anyone here can tell you.

#28 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:28 PM

I only park my bike on the sidewalk if someone else has done it first. smile.gif

#29 pet lover

pet lover

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE(chris v @ Jun 2 2008, 02:33 PM) View Post
I have never worried to much about it getting stolen... scooters are small and can be picked up and put in a truck. If someone wants it, they are going to take it. When I am downtown and parking is limited I have parked on sidewalks with no troubles. I'd never do it in Folsom though. M2 is for motorized bicycles and anything below 49cc. You are at 250cc so you need a M1 license. Take the MSF course. You will learn more than anyone here can tell you.

NICE BIKE!!!
You can take the MSF at Sierra College. They will loan out a scooter if you don't have one, but you won't need that anyway! biggrin.gif The earliest available class is the last weekend of June and the cost is $240. The course is also offered in Sacramento, but the earliest class is in August. After course work and exam I'll receive a completion certificate to take to the dmv. I think I'll still have to take the written exam again but the certificate covers the driving portion of the test. Maybe you'll be my classmate and another new scooter convert.

I'm glad you're first trip turned out well. I can't wait until I take the course and settle on a scooter. tongue.gif I'll have to wait until summer school is over for the cash to buy my ride. rolleyes.gif

#30 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
    Reading
    Fishing

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE(pet lover @ Jun 2 2008, 11:24 PM) View Post
NICE BIKE!!!
You can take the MSF at Sierra College. They will loan out a scooter if you don't have one, but you won't need that anyway! biggrin.gif The earliest available class is the last weekend of June and the cost is $240. The course is also offered in Sacramento, but the earliest class is in August. After course work and exam I'll receive a completion certificate to take to the dmv. I think I'll still have to take the written exam again but the certificate covers the driving portion of the test. Maybe you'll be my classmate and another new scooter convert.

I'm glad you're first trip turned out well. I can't wait until I take the course and settle on a scooter. tongue.gif I'll have to wait until summer school is over for the cash to buy my ride. rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the info. Do you have a registration link for this?

Here are some better pictures:
Front
Front2
Side

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users