33 replies to this topic

#1 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

July 9, 2014 Folsom Telegraph is free and available now.    Read page four completely.

#2 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:04 PM

July 9, 2014 Folsom Telegraph is free and available now.    Read page four completely.

Put the link on with your message. It would help.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#3 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

The letter in question is not available online.   Very sorry about that.     It is worth stopping for a free paper to read that letter, with a headline supplied by the Editor who ran it.

Please make the effort because the Historic District Plan is valuable to the entire city and surrounding areas.    If it is violated, we lose public access to the land on the south side of Lake Natoma, the American River.

#4 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:26 PM

If it was in the paper today I will read it and copy it in here if I can. Thanks,

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#5 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

This article was in today/s Folsom Telegraph. Dated Wednesday, July 9, 2014

READER INPUT

Condo project overrides historic district

Re: City council considers 65 condos, Telegraph, July 2

The city council four overrode the historic district plan commission recommendation to grant the D&S project approval, with huge exceptions to legal compliance being part of the deal.

D&S is the same as all land developers: they have a legal obligation to provide, at their cost, the total city infrastructure in a developed state. If this is NOT done, the adjoining property owners and city residents are cheated and deprived of their legal rights. We have legal rights to rely upon the General Plan zoning which says 'historially appropriate commercial with walkable low impact'. We have the right to see the sanitary sewers, drains, curbs, gutters, trees, lighting, and full 1/2 street developed roadway for this Commercial Zone.

We have the right to special use permit DENIALS being respected by the council four.

We have the right to adequate sewage pipes. We have the right of public access to this land abutting the CA State Park, federal waters, and our single family homes. We have the right to rely upon appropriate Emergency Access roads which meet the minimum California standards, especially since the Corp Yard lacks proper roads and fire access. We have rights to enforcement of every single law, standard, and safety practice.

The entire city paid for the Historic District Plan and Guidelines, and every citizen has a right to demand respect for this detailed plan.

Four council members turning this into a dense, no-sewer, no-road, for-profit residential and commercial zone is outrageous. Who would approve of waiving every single  health, welfare, safety and property-rights law in this manner?

And, why?

NOTE: This was submitted by Laurette Laurent, of Folsom

#6 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:34 PM

I haven't seen the tape from the meeting last night so I can't comment further until I watch the tape.

#7 mrdavex

mrdavex

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

The title of this post is deceiving.  From the article that Cal printed, all it means is that the editor chose to print a letter from a reader.  In no way does printing a letter mean the editor endorses the viewpoint and I'm sure there's a big disclaimer saying that.  

I do have to give kudos to Ms. Laurent for being passionate about the Folsom Shores neighborhood, as she has been vocal about many issues: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=folsom+laurie+laurent+ 

--
"Let's just hope Comcast doesn't own any tanks."
-Robert X. Cringely

#8 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:15 AM

The title of this post is deceiving.  From the article that Cal printed, all it means is that the editor chose to print a letter from a reader.  In no way does printing a letter mean the editor endorses the viewpoint and I'm sure there's a big disclaimer saying that.  

I do have to give kudos to Ms. Laurent for being passionate about the Folsom Shores neighborhood, as she has been vocal about many issues: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=folsom+laurie+laurent+ 

+1

#9 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:59 AM

+2  Unless there is some opinion piece by the editor I am completely missing, I don't see it.

#10 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:38 AM

+3

And, unless we have missed something, the title of this thread needs to be changed. It would be an unfair characterization of the editor to say he supports something just because he printed a letter to the editor.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#11 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:42 AM

http://www.folsomtel...14/reader-input

The editor supplied this for everyone.     The papers have strangely "disappeared" from the stands, so share the link.

He definitely supports doing the right thing -- and respecting the Historic District Plan and Guidelines.   Don't pretend to know more than you do.    Support free media voices.

This land  (which the council four now say can be dense condos and commercial) is intended to be available to the public (according to the HD Plan).    In fact, this land is part of the reason that worthless overcrossing, the  "Leidesdorff Lid" was built.     

FYI, that tunnel/"lid", decorated with hand-laid rock tiles -- even in the pitch-darkness of the tunnel,  

is where the raw sewage mainline was supposed to be built.     Hence the local stench.   

#12 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

For newcomers, it was the efforts of Laurette Laurent (with support from Save the American River Association) which got the city fined $3/4 million for a single raw sewage spill into the river; and a federal permit placed on the city sewage system;  and direct referral to criminal investigators.   One individual enforcer stood alone and got those three results.    The research was done, filed, presented to the water quality board members and federal agencies.     

(If the federal permit were still being enforced by the CA state Regional water quality board, things would be different.       The entire Industrial Zone (Folsom city corp yard 20 acres) is illegally connected to the Lake Natoma Shores sewage pump station down at the river.    The sewer line is 4" in diameter.    Laws and sewage, require Industrial and multi residential and commercial to have sewer lines more like 15" to 44" diameter.    The new project they approved would add its sewage to the same 4" diameter pipe.)

This is the same Laurette Laurent who contributed to a major Telegraph 2013 article about "Folsom's 55mph 'city streets', on which 15 innocent people died -- most of them in cross-over accidents in 55 mph zones with NO Medians to save lives from these high speeds.   

If you think private enforcement occurs without accuracy, completeness, and devotion to laws and the truth, think again.     Is, or was there, direct retaliation?     Yes, on the local residents, the investigator, the advocates, potential enforcers,  and people who don't know 'city streets' should never have highway speeds.    Do you think the editor has taken heat for reporting the issues and quoting the Historic District residents?      Guess!   Do you think Ernie took some heat too?

It's appropriate to offer kudos.    What is needed is more volume to the protests, IMO.  

One final comment:  the passion displayed by the watchdogs reflects a passion for truth and observance of laws --  particularly laws which protect our lives, children, property and water.   

#13 mrdavex

mrdavex

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:56 AM

Please provide proof of Don Chaddock's supporting the right thing.  Is there a link to an editorial he wrote that supports your stance?  Or was it though a conversation with you?  None of his editorials have taken a position on local issues, which I don't agree with (most of them are about his weight loss journey).  FYI, I am not disagreeing with your stance on this proposed project, but I think it's only fair to Don that he share his opinion directly with the citizens, whether through the paper, posting on this forum, or some other method, rather than 2nd hand or 3rd hand heresay.

He definitely supports doing the right thing -- and respecting the Historic District Plan and Guidelines.   Don't pretend to know more than you do.    Support free media voices.

--
"Let's just hope Comcast doesn't own any tanks."
-Robert X. Cringely

#14 tony

tony

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

For newcomers, it was the efforts of Laurette Laurent (with support from Save the American River Association) which got the city fined $3/4 million for a single raw sewage spill into the river; and a federal permit placed on the city sewage system;  and direct referral to criminal investigators.   One individual enforcer stood alone and got those three results.    The research was done, filed, presented to the water quality board members and federal agencies.     

(If the federal permit were still being enforced by the CA state Regional water quality board, things would be different.       The entire Industrial Zone (Folsom city corp yard 20 acres) is illegally connected to the Lake Natoma Shores sewage pump station down at the river.    The sewer line is 4" in diameter.    Laws and sewage, require Industrial and multi residential and commercial to have sewer lines more like 15" to 44" diameter.    The new project they approved would add its sewage to the same 4" diameter pipe.)

This is the same Laurette Laurent who contributed to a major Telegraph 2013 article about "Folsom's 55mph 'city streets', on which 15 innocent people died -- most of them in cross-over accidents in 55 mph zones with NO Medians to save lives from these high speeds.   

If you think private enforcement occurs without accuracy, completeness, and devotion to laws and the truth, think again.     Is, or was there, direct retaliation?     Yes, on the local residents, the investigator, the advocates, potential enforcers,  and people who don't know 'city streets' should never have highway speeds.    Do you think the editor has taken heat for reporting the issues and quoting the Historic District residents?      Guess!   Do you think Ernie took some heat too?

It's appropriate to offer kudos.    What is needed is more volume to the protests, IMO.  

One final comment:  the passion displayed by the watchdogs reflects a passion for truth and observance of laws --  particularly laws which protect our lives, children, property and water.   

"Bravo!  Bravo!", says the conductor, as she pats her self on the back and applauds, all with one sweep of the baton.

#15 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:48 AM

Tony "bravo says conductor as he pats....."

You seem to have a problem with idealism in action and speaking out loud.      As if passive-agressive ever wins the race?

But you love your property not having raw sewage backing up -- at least for now.   Local tenants like not having motorcycle gangs and speeding traffic outside the door too.      People are actually parking in front of their doors.

Maybe one day you'll get to meet the real maestro.   For now, let's hope you fight for the existing laws on engineering infrastructure, preserving the Historic District Plan and laws, etc.

Why don't you run for a city council seat Tony, or are you worried about the consequences.    

Getting the water quality board to put a federal permit on the city's sewage system involved danger, dealing with criminality, paying for superior court evidence, lawyers, experts, depositions, buying city blueprints/records prior to their destruction, dealing with enforcers who have badge/gun, and many "close calls" with city vehicles.    People had their lives thrown into chaos.    Is that self-promotion?   Did you know a city engineer was named in a court complaint for attacking a researcher within city hall development department?    When the Bee asked for photos for its front page series on city sewage, the real maestro refused to be shown --  probably out of fear.   That is hiding -- not self promotion.

What is your real aim with the snipes at these postings?    You own property here, so what's your gripe with the truth emerging?  

What do you think about the fact that the 27" raw sewage mainline (serving prisons, north city, and old city) does not even begin until almost a mile south of the river and bridge sewage pump station?     You're a licensed engineer, so what do you think about the "lid" undercrossing with hand-laid brick tiles,  replacing the sewage mainline for all that sewage?     Speak up and pat your License on the back......   CA licensed engineers swear to enforce the laws -- it's part of the deal.    Wish you'd run for city council.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HD Plan, Lake Natoma, Historic Folsom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users