1 reply to this topic

#1 mrdavex

mrdavex

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:07 PM

Today's Telegraph and Auburn Journal are running the first stories of a multi-part series of how drug and alcohol addictions have ruined lives, told from the perspective of the addict.  Even though I sometimes complain about the content of our local papers, these are excellent stories and a very important read.  They show that drug use does not limit itself to bad neighborhoods, and even that the most responsible, financially-stable individuals can fall prey.  When you're hooked, you lose almost any sense of rational thought and morals, and can resort to desperate measures such as crime.  In my opinion, we must be humbled by these stories, and while we're obsessing about protecting our property from the crooks outside, we cannot ignore that the closest evil could reside right in our own home.   

Hooked: Lives Lost (Alcoholism)-Folsom Telegraph

Heroin in the Foothills-Auburn Journal

--
"Let's just hope Comcast doesn't own any tanks."
-Robert X. Cringely

#2 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

well, with all the talk lately about heroin addiction and use even here in Folsom, I would say this is very timely.

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: heroin, alcohol, alcoholism, drug use, additction, drugs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users