• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:35 AM

The tree at the west end of Natoma Station is dead, or has decided it's November, which seems less likely. If you turn left from there and look into the park you can see others. Not the big oaks but the ones under them. Is this blight? Drought?
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#2 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

no, those are buck-eye trees, a native plant.  they always look like this time of year.  they are the first ones to turn bright green and get leaves in the spring and they are the first ones to turn brown.  they're fine and will be back next spring. 

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#3 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:08 AM

Well, if you say so. I lived right there for seven years and don't remember it being brown in July.

"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#4 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

Well, if you say so. I lived right there for seven years and don't remember it being brown in July.

I know.  its early, but they do it every year.  my pumpkins have all turned orange already too!  napa valley is starting their grape harvest 4 to 6 weeks early.  the drought is stressing plants and speeding up their usual cycle.

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users