• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 hopeanelli

hopeanelli

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Interests:Drag Racing, Motocross, boating and my boys....

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE(swmr545 @ Jul 19 2008, 02:29 AM) View Post
Is that what Cheese Whiz tastes like? If so, why do people like it so much?

My mom asked me if I liked Pueblo Chico's burrito better or the one from Maui Taco (I picked the latter).

Hey Swmr where is there a Maui taco around here? I love that place but only new of it in Rocklin-Roseville area. My friend took me there for lunch and I loved it... Hope there is one closer even EDH I would go.

Hope

#2 EDH Jen

EDH Jen

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE(hopeanelli @ Jul 27 2008, 12:40 PM) View Post
Hey Swmr where is there a Maui taco around here? I love that place but only new of it in Rocklin-Roseville area. My friend took me there for lunch and I loved it... Hope there is one closer even EDH I would go.

Hope

It's right by the theatre in Town Center (just below it, actually).

#3 hopeanelli

hopeanelli

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Interests:Drag Racing, Motocross, boating and my boys....

Posted 27 July 2008 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE(EDH Jen @ Jul 27 2008, 02:52 PM) View Post
It's right by the theatre in Town Center (just below it, actually).

Yippee I am on it in the next few weeks. I love Maui taco's . Got a job finally so I have to pay down some bills so I can enjoy dinners and lunches out again.

#4 555

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:24 PM

I do have to disagree about the person blasting Maui Tacos. That place is pretty darn good in my opinion (for quick Mexican food). They have a different style with the Maui spin and their Hana Burrito is FANTASTIC. A few friends of mine tried it on my recommendation and they also raved about it. No, it's not authentic of fancy Mexican food and they're not trying to be. The stuff is good quality, quick, and kid-friendly though. Other friends of ours raved about their salads, but I haven't had them. I also like their little patio area on a nice night.

Getting back on topic, I hope Pueblo Chico irons out their wrinkles and turns into a first rate place. They may need 6 months though.

#5 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:55 AM

Rating burrito joints are very difficult because everyone has their own personal tastes and palates, but Maui Tacos , BY FAR, was the worst tasting mexican food I have ever ever had.

As far as Pueblo Chico is concerned, I give them 7 months before they go out of business based on what I am hearing from folks that wasted their $$ on it.

#6 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:46 AM

I don't particularly care for Maui Tacos, but I also wouldn't really qualify them as "Mexican" food. I would place them under some sort of Mexican-Hawaiian hybrid. It's unusual which is the appeal to many, I think.

#7 Off The 50

Off The 50

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:43 PM

Maui Taco is CLOSED.

#8 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (Off The 50 @ Mar 15 2010, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maui Taco is CLOSED.

it was good, not awesome but I think that dark corner location played a factor too. For some reason the opposite corner (Mongolian BBQ) seems to catch my eye and they are always busy. Hate to see a another business close.

#9 Doug Moore

Doug Moore

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (Off The 50 @ Mar 15 2010, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maui Taco is CLOSED.

Really??? Too bad, we loved Maui Taco sad.gif

#10 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (Off The 50 @ Mar 15 2010, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maui Taco is CLOSED.

Hooray!! its about time as I am surprised they lasted this long. I went there once with a business associate and BY FAR, it was the worst tasting burrito and Taco we have ever had. Even Taco Bell and Del Taco is way better.

#11 Tas Cammara

Tas Cammara

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:16 PM

Maui Tacos was OK- but I am not happy they went out of business. That could have been someones dream to own a business. I remember the owner came out one time and was passing out samples, he was very greatful and pleasant. I would not wish a bad or abrupt closure on anyone. I felt bad when the Nestle Cookie business left too because I read the story of the owners and their dream of opening it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users