Flame & Fire Brazilian Steakhouse

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:59 PM

I finally went last month. Flame and Fire - Churrascaria Brazilian Steakhouse coming soon| Flame And Fire Churrascaria Brazilian Steack House  It was freakingly, amazingly fantastic. This place is definitely now in my top 10 favorite Sacto area restaurants. I went for lunch. I wasn't too enthusiastic initially about the salads as I was trying to save room for the meat, but everything I tasted was delicious.

Meats at lunch/dinner:
bacon wrapped chicken breast - YUM
chicken parmesan - didn't try (eat chicken all week)
picanha (top sirloin) - house specialty - YUM!
fraldinha (bottom sirloin aka flank steak) - super YUM!
leg of lamb - didn't try, smelled gamey
Brazilian sausage - YUM
garlic top sirloin - too garlicky
pork tenderloin - never saw this
grilled pineapple - tasted, but way too sweet (now back to the steak!)

Meats at dinner only:
filet
bacon wrapped filet
tri tip
lamb chop
pork ribs
sirloin
parmesan pork

So basically it is a smorgasbord. $25 for lunch. $45 for dinner. The salad bar had a large variety of salads, rice, beans, cheeses, fruit. They suggest that you cleanse your palate with fried banana, airy muffins & a 3rd item, but I found them to be very bland, and I didn't want to waste my calories there. I wanted meat! They give you little "yes/no" discs, that you flip over to indicate if you want more meat or not, as the servers are walking around. Everyone gets their own pair of little tongs to hold the meat as they slice it off the spit. You can have as small or as big of a piece that you want. Meats are available at all levels of doneness, but towards the raw side seemed the norm, which was fine with me initially. As I got fuller, I preferred my meat more towards slightly pink. Despite being well-done, everything was moist.

I ate steak until I was nearly stuffed. I'm sure I could've eaten more, but I was content. I definitely ate way more than $25 worth of steak. I actually didn't eat much for the next 2 days...BTW, it was crowded. There is the main dining room (where we were), the bar area with table and a private VIP/party room. Nearly every table was full.

The atmosphere was nice
The staff was polite, helpful & friendly
The food was fantastic
Plus, they have a really nice patio where we relaxed at the end of the meal

It's is worth traveling outside the Folsom bubble.
oglvvd.gifoglvvd.gifoglvvd.gifoglvvd.gifoglvvd.gif

#2 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:48 AM

Love Brazilian Rodizio! Thanks for posting this review... very good to hear you liked this restaurant and that it's fairly local.

My co-workers and I go often to a place in Palo Alto called Pampas and we skip the salad and sides and eat nothing but the rodizio skewered meat offerings until we hit the meat coma wall heheh.... then it's time to turn the "no" sign over....

5227c3fa395e7.preview-620.jpg

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users