Photo
- - - - -

Republicans Want To Alter Michigan's Electoral College.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:42 PM

I hope that Michigan passes this and I wish that we could do it in California.

I am not holding my breath though.

Republicans Want To Alter Michigan's Electoral College. It's Not Going Over Well.

A proposal to change how Michigan awards Electoral College votes has drawn criticism from Democrats and voting rights groups and, as one elections expert put it, could destroy Michigan voters' faith in the political system and make a "mockery" of the state.

Michigan currently awards all its electoral votes to the candidate who wins the state's popular vote -- as do all other states except Nebraska and Maine. But legislation introduced earlier this month would proportionally allocate Michigan's 16 electoral votes, based on how large a percentage of the popular vote a candidate receives. This may split electoral votes between the two candidates.

// go to below website //

http://www.huffingto..._n_6213618.html

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users