2 replies to this topic

#1 Mommy2Sydni

Mommy2Sydni

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 11:28 AM

DO any of you go to the either parks that are here off of Oxborough Dr.? One of them has an entrance at 4 sides of the park and the other is directly on Oxborough. I am so tired off unsupervised kids there! I have a daycare in the area, so we frequent the park, but more often than not there are 8-11 year olds there who CLEARLY need to be supervised. Just last week one of them was repeatedly throwing rocks...at signs, fences, in the air, etc...I asked him to stop and he just kept doing it, once he almost hit a house window.
I feel like parents think their kids can do no wrong...but maybe they should check up on them every once in a while.

Anyone else share my experience???

BTW, I am new to the website and think it is great that we have our own little "spot" to converse in. I currently live off of Lembi Dr. and will be trekking over to the Enclave in March when our home is done!! So I will still be in Central District...Right?

#2 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE(Mommy2Sydni @ Feb 7 2005, 11:28 AM)
DO any of you go to the either parks that are here off of Oxborough Dr.?  One of them has an entrance at 4 sides of the park and the other is directly on Oxborough.  I am so tired off unsupervised kids there!  I have a daycare in the area, so we frequent the park, but more often than not there are 8-11 year olds there who CLEARLY need to be supervised.  Just last week one of them was repeatedly throwing rocks...at signs, fences, in the air, etc...I asked him to stop and he just kept doing it, once he almost hit a house window. 
I feel like parents think their kids can do no wrong...but maybe they should check up on them every once in a while.

BTW, I am new to the website and think it is great that we have our own little "spot" to converse in.  I currently live off of Lembi Dr. and will be trekking over to the Enclave in March when our home is done!!  So I will still be in Central District...Right?

View Post

Yes, the Enclave is in the Central District.

Haven't shared your experience with unsupervised children at the parks recently, but you should not hesitate to call the police if what you describe occurs again. Children who behave that way at that age will only get worse unless they're corrected.

#3 nhardy

nhardy

MyFolsom's 12th Round Pick

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE(Mommy2Sydni @ Feb 7 2005, 11:28 AM)
DO any of you go to the either parks that are here off of Oxborough Dr.?  One of them has an entrance at 4 sides of the park and the other is directly on Oxborough.  I am so tired off unsupervised kids there!  I have a daycare in the area, so we frequent the park, but more often than not there are 8-11 year olds there who CLEARLY need to be supervised.  Just last week one of them was repeatedly throwing rocks...at signs, fences, in the air, etc...I asked him to stop and he just kept doing it, once he almost hit a house window. 

BTW, I am new to the website and think it is great that we have our own little "spot" to converse in.  I currently live off of Lembi Dr. and will be trekking over to the Enclave in March when our home is done!!  So I will still be in Central District...Right?

View Post

Welcome to the Forums. I live on Cobble Ridge Drive and walk my daughter through that park every afternoon. I've seen some kids throwing rocks before (summertime), but once they saw me, they took off running. Haven't seen them since.
To all you Freaks, don't stop the rock....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users