11 May 2018 - Military Spouse Appreciation Day 2018

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:16 AM

I will be taking my wife out to lunch or dinner.   She did so much for me and our family during

our time on active duty and has done so much more since our retirement.

Take your military spouse out to lunch/dinner.

If you are both military, take each other out....

Military Spouse Appreciation Day 2018

National Military Spouse Appreciation Day is celebrated on the Friday before Mother’s Day in May.  This year it will be observed on Friday, May 11th, 2018.

On Military Spouse Appreciation Day we honor the contributions and sacrifices made by military spouses. Their commitment and support help to keep our country safe.  America’s military spouses are the backbone of the families who support our troops during mission, deployment, reintegration and reset. Military spouses are silent heroes who are essential to the strength of the nation, and they serve our country just like their loved ones.

In celebration of Military Spouse Appreciation Day, the armed forces have special events and programs to inform, honor, and recognize military spouses around the world. Events range from spouse appreciation luncheons to educational workshops, and spouse employment fairs that pay tribute to military spouses.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users