41 replies to this topic

#1 UncleVinny

UncleVinny

"Can't we all just get along?"

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:58 AM

The GOP came out with its game plan for if-and-when they take over the US Senate: Cater to Big Oil.

Sac Bee today (Oct 23):

"The proposals would mainly benefit energy industries, reduce taxes and regulations for businesses generally, and continue the attack on the Affordable Care Act."

So, it seems the big money contributors have a solid hold on the GOP agenda, while "little things" like the health of our citizens,

environmental protections, and public safety take a back seat. What a joke!

:haha:

"In this world of trouble and strife, bring some peace to someone's life"

#2 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

The GOP came out with its game plan for if-and-when they take over the US Senate: Cater to Big Oil.

Sac Bee today (Oct 23):

"The proposals would mainly benefit energy industries, reduce taxes and regulations for businesses generally, and continue the attack on the Affordable Care Act."

So, it seems the big money contributors have a solid hold on the GOP agenda, while "little things" like the health of our citizens,

environmental protections, and public safety take a back seat. What a joke!

:haha:

Exactly what should be done, cheaper energy drives the economy, less taxes and regulation are needed to do the same.  Why do you think California is so screwed up TioVinny...?   It is because taxes are way too high and regulation is out of control.  And the "Affordable" care act is sucking me dry by about $5000 more a year out of my pocket...!   Hardly affordable for me.....!    It is always so funny to see how you libs go after big business and capitalism in general when you drive a car that uses petroleum every day, heat and cool your house just like everybody else with natural gas and electricity, and reap the rewards of big businesses and capitalism all of your life and then retire out while all along saying all of these things are evil.....?   This kind of thinking has always perplexed me.....   It's like a denial of reality while living in a fantasy world created in your own mind to make you feel good about yourself and superior to others.   But keep posting because you do make me laugh....!    Chris 

1A - 2A = -1A

#3 UncleVinny

UncleVinny

• Premium Member
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:22 PM

Awww! Don't be perplexed, my friend.
In simple terms, one extreme would sell their mother for a buck, cut down all the trees, and choke all the oxygen out of the air just to show a profit.

At the other extreme, people want to save the planet, protect human health, and have a more balanced distribution of wealth.
Neither extreme is healthy, but I would tend to lean towards the life-preserving side versus the money-worshiping option.

The "regulations" we are talking about are things like fracking chemicals that poison the water table, smokestack regulations to prevent acid rain.

How much is life on the planet worth to you?

:idea:

#4 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:03 PM

In simple terms, one extreme would sell their mother for a buck, cut down all the trees, and choke all the oxygen out of the air just to show a profit.

At the other extreme, people want to save the planet, protect human health, and have a more balanced distribution of wealth.
Neither extreme is healthy, but I would tend to lean towards the life-preserving side versus the money-worshiping option.

The "regulations" we are talking about are things like fracking chemicals that poison the water table, smokestack regulations to prevent acid rain.

How much is life on the planet worth to you?

Oh so week an argument you present.   We've been fracking since the 1940's...........!   Look it up.   From your post you bring out only the talking points from the liberal news networks, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, and PBS...........    Since I am a Geologist I could correct you in so, so, so, so  many ways but you would not get it, the science behind it, so I will just leave you alone in your progressive environmental uneducated fantasy and anti fossil fuels mind set all while you drive your car every day to do your errands...........   And heat and cool your house with fossil fuels.........!   So funny this "separation" you progressives hand yourselves in your minds in a fantasy world to separate you from everybody else on this planet while doing the same thing every day just like the rest of us.   So self righteous you progressives are....!  Your problem is that you know nothing about real science and numbers but you "feel" like things are going wrong with the planet and the energy consumption so you put yourself in the "good" box of energy consumers so you don't feel so evil.   Sorry buddy, you are on the same grid and drive on the same roads as the rest of us.   You are not special and do not use any less energy than the rest of us. 

It is so funny to see you libturds try to lecture the rest of us all while doing the same things we do.  Live on the energy we purchase.......   You do it and it is ok, I do it and I am bad and evil..........?    What is with that....?   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#5 TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:22 PM

In simple terms, one extreme would sell their mother for a buck

Ahem, does the name Solyndra ring any bells?

Svzr2FS.jpg

#6 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:23 AM

Better big business than big government. At least business is accountable to someone....

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#7 UncleVinny

UncleVinny

• Premium Member
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:40 AM

Ooh, ya know, I can just FEEL the love!

Get back to me when there is no more clean drinking water in California; when geologists finally admit that fracking is causing the earthquakes in Colorado;

when your boss is making 700 times your near-minimum wage pay, and when the GOP sells all the national parks to Big Oil.

I'll be playing in my fantasy land til then.

:peaceman:

#8 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:18 AM

Ooh, ya know, I can just FEEL the love!

Get back to me when there is no more clean drinking water in California; when geologists finally admit that fracking is causing the earthquakes in Colorado;

when your boss is making 700 times your near-minimum wage pay, and when the GOP sells all the national parks to Big Oil.

I'll be playing in my fantasy land til then.

:peaceman:

TioVinny, I am a Geologist.   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#9 UncleVinny

UncleVinny

• Premium Member
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:53 AM

TioVinny, I am a Geologist.   Chris

Yes, you said,

I wonder if you still think fracking is not harming our groundwater? Not to mention triggering quakes.

Maybe you can tell us why the frackers will not disclose the chemical used?

They won't even tell doctors, so they can treat people affected.

#10 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:52 AM

I don't care if a CEO makes 300 or 700 times the average worker.  Those same workers have the opportunity to start their own company, with their own ideas, and their own risk. As one who has carried the burden of making decisions that affected those employed by me, I can assure you that it is far easier to just show up, do a specified task and go home. Not to mention the much longer hours put in. It is particularly distressing to have to lay off good people. Firing, not so much as that was for cause.

If you don't like big business, who will PAY for all those neat social handouts?  Government produces no money. It only takes from those that produce and gives to cronies with a percentage being redistributed. My experience with those on the receiving end is that the vast majority are scammers who know how to work the system with a asmall percentage that are truly needy. Your heart is in the right place, and you are free to provide all the financial support to those you deem needy. Leave my money to me and I will give it to who I think needy.

The "evil oil" meme is sooo old and tired. What do you think builds a great economy? Cheap power and freedom to pursue ideas. Gross regulation by unaccountable bureaucrats does nothing but hinder.  Until the time that we develop new energy sources (can Lockheed Martin actually be close to compact fusion?), oil and natural gas are the way to go. (At least until the climate alarmists discover that burning natural gas releases water vapor which is far more of a greenhouse gas than CO2. :P)  No economy equals no money for ANYTHING including your beloved redistribution plans.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#11 UncleVinny

UncleVinny

• Premium Member
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:52 PM

And the "Affordable" care act is sucking me dry by about $5000 more a year out of my pocket...!   Hardly affordable for me.....!    It is always so funny to see how you libs go after big business and capitalism in general when you drive a car that uses petroleum every day, heat and cool your house just like everybody else with natural gas and electricity, and reap the rewards of big businesses and capitalism all of your life and then retire out while all along saying all of these things are evil.....?  

I wonder what health care provider you are using.

Look at this quote from Forbes Magazine:

“The five largest health insurance companies – WellPoint, United Health, Aetna, Humana, and Cigna – … earned over $3.3 billion in profits

[between April and June 2011].”    Shah goes on to contend that “Profit in the health insurance industry is the single greatest barrier to building

an efficient, sustainable system of healthcare in this country.”   ( this is for just ONE QUARTER of the fiscal year! )

( http://www.forbes.co...can-healthcare/ )

Is your company one of those?
Have you looked at the executive compensation for the officers of your provider?

I think you will find that it is corporate greed, not ACA, that is affecting your rates.

The ACA enrolled 7 million new members - - there are people paying for healthcare who were free-loaders before.

Their medical care came from Emergency Room visits - ER visits costing about 10 times the rate of medical care

plan enrollees. So, ACA is actually saving us all money.

Next, look at the contributors the healthcare lobbyists make in shaping public policy to ensure their continuing profits.

I believe that with just a little investigation you will see that corporate profits, the worship of money, is the real

culprit behind your complaints about high medical costs.

#12 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:09 PM

Yes, you said,

I wonder if you still think fracking is not harming our groundwater? Not to mention triggering quakes.

Maybe you can tell us why the frackers will not disclose the chemical used?

They won't even tell doctors, so they can treat people affected.

Wow, this really shows your ignorance of any real science.....!   All you state here and in your previous posts are the dem talking points for those who really don't know much science at all and rely on CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, and PBS for your information.   You are so wrong and on so many levels.   I think my kids are more informed on this subject than you are.....!  To start your painful and lengthy education on this subject start with "Mung Beans" and read the following....

But, in all its essentials, the entire anti-fracking movement has its head where the sun doesn’t shine. Here are just ten reasons why:

Hydraulic fracking has been around for 60+ years.  Developments made by U.S. engineers around 2008-9 (enabling horizontal fracturing) simply made the process much more commercially viable;

Since fracking was introduced in 1949, well over 2 million frack treatments have been pumped without a single documented case of treatments polluting a water aquifer;

90 percent of all gas wells drilled in the United States since 1949 have been fracked;

Most shale deposits are drilled at a depth of between 6,000 and 10,000 feet – water aquifers exist at an average depth of 500 feet;

Claims of ‘migration’ between the shale gas layers and water aquifers due to fracking are patently absurd as the gas would have to pass through millions of tons of impermeable rock. If the rock was that porous, either the water or the gas would have migrated long before fracking took place;

Fracture design engineers go to great lengths to avoid fracturing beyond even 100 feet. Common sense alone dictates that this is essential if a costly loss of production is not to be incurred;

The new eco-horror genre flicks like Josh Fox’s Gasland movies create a media impact by making outrageous claims that include suggesting “569 chemicals” are used in a single “toxic cocktail” frack treatment.  The reality is that 99.5 percent of the treatment is water and sand. Much of the remainder is made up of a maximum of 12 or so harmless gelling agents, like Guar gum (used in ice cream making), and chemicals commonly found around the house;

Equally, domestic running water being ignited might wow gullible film audiences, but dissolved methane found in water aquifers is far from uncommon and is biogenic (naturally occurring). As the largest component in natural gas, methane is not even regulated as it is not toxic and escapes naturally like soda bubbles;

Hydraulic fracking procedures are heavily regulated and not, as often claimed by eco-activists, exempt from drinking water and other key regulatory laws. Concerns about using “excessive water resources” in the process are already being assuaged by new developments, including recycling water and drilling utilising compressed air;

Time and again, official investigations have declared that hydraulic fracturing is a “fundamentally safe technology” that, in its 60-year history, has never been shown to have caused earthquakes. Where minor tremors have occurred they have been on the scale of those associated with a passing lorry or a subway train.

1A - 2A = -1A

#13 UncleVinny

UncleVinny

• Premium Member
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:44 PM

I'll ignore the insults and stick to the facts:

To unleash oil or natural gas, fracking requires blasting large volumes of highly pressurized water, sand, and other chemicals into layers of rock. The contents of fracking fluid include chemicals that the energy industry and many government officials will not name, yet they insist the chemicals do not endanger human health, contradicting findings by scientists and environmentalists. Toxic fracking wastewater is then either stored in deep underground wells, disposed of in open pits for evaporation, sprayed into waste fields, or used over again.

Fracking has been linked to groundwater contamination, an uptick in earthquakes, exacerbation of drought conditions and a host of health concerns for humans and the local environment.

Source: http://rt.com/usa/19...-contamination/

and . . .From Forbes magazine ( a pro-business publication ):

Stripped right to its roots the report states that deep groundwater has been contaminated as a result of frakking. Both from the frakking chemicals themselves and also with methane that has, as a result of the frakking, seeped into the water.

Source: http://www.forbes.co...ing-regardless/

I could go on.

#14 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:05 PM

My health care costs will skyrocket in 2018. An out of pocket jump of about 5-6k. At least I am fortunate that I don't have one of the crap obamacare plans with 10k deductibles. "Affordable?"  Riiiiight.  Try finding a doctor that will accept the regulated payments.  Biggest clusterfark in the history of the nation...and most expensive as well.

If you like your plan you can keep your plan (lie of the year).

If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor (gotta be contender for LOTY 2015)

If the President's platform is so great, why are all the Dems running for office distancing themselves as far as they can from him and it?

Bottom line? The last six years have shown the democrats true colors. Unfortunately, the reps have shown how inept they are in the same time. NEITHER ONE is talking about LIBERTY.  Without liberty, nothing else matters. One dictatorial political ideology is no different from the other if both want to control every aspect of your life.  Rand Paul is the ONLY well known politician I have heard talking about how the government is taking by liberty and freedoms.  You are a fool if you root for "your side" and ignore the trampling of freedom, for one day, "the other side" will be in charge.

#15 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:49 AM

I'll ignore the insults and stick to the facts:

To unleash oil or natural gas, fracking requires blasting large volumes of highly pressurized water, sand, and other chemicals into layers of rock. The contents of fracking fluid include chemicals that the energy industry and many government officials will not name, yet they insist the chemicals do not endanger human health, contradicting findings by scientists and environmentalists. Toxic fracking wastewater is then either stored in deep underground wells, disposed of in open pits for evaporation, sprayed into waste fields, or used over again.

Fracking has been linked to groundwater contamination, an uptick in earthquakes, exacerbation of drought conditions and a host of health concerns for humans and the local environment.

Source: http://rt.com/usa/19...-contamination/

and . . .From Forbes magazine ( a pro-business publication ):

Stripped right to its roots the report states that deep groundwater has been contaminated as a result of frakking. Both from the frakking chemicals themselves and also with methane that has, as a result of the frakking, seeped into the water.

Source: http://www.forbes.co...ing-regardless/

I could go on.

All b.s. and none of that is real science.  Opinion pieces made to look like a science article.......  Thousands of anti fracking articles out there just like those...   Using the current EPA as a source has it's problems because they have an anti fracking, anti business agenda.   And the Forbes guys article is an opinion piece.....  Again, you don't have enough knowledge of the subject to comprehend how fracking really works.   Maybe you should call Matt Damon and he will explain it to you.....?   Chris      

1A - 2A = -1A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users