9 replies to this topic

#1 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

My husband and I have been season subscribers to B Street Theatre for years. They do such a good job bringing enteraining plays to the Sacramento area and the acting is outstanding. Buck Busfield, artistic director, writes and produces the annual holiday show, which isn't always about the holidays. :) Buck's show this season is Pail of Grace. If you're looking for something fun to do I highly recommend you check it out. It is very cleverly written and superbly acted. The play runs through December 30.

http://www.bstreettheatre.org/
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#2 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

we've been subscribers for years too. I miss the true holiday plays though. it makes a nice cap to the year and it sets the tone for the season. I wish them well in building their new theater, but I'll miss the old location, despite the occasional train passing by outside!
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#3 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

I typically enjoy the holiday shows, too, but this play was outstanding -- holiday or not.

The intimacy of the new theater won't change; it will have roughly the same number of seats as the current main stage theater. What they'll be able to expand is the children's theater so they won't have to turn away so many patrons. I trust it will all be good. :)
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#4 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

Yeah, another vote for B Street. We take in an occasional play and were season ticket holders for the children's theater for years. You can get great bargains if you attend a "pre opening". We last saw a 2 person play where each of the actors played several characters. The devices they used were very clever and the actors were impressive. It was certainly different from most of the plays I have been to (and far better than most of the garbage at the movies).

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#5 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

For those who have never been to the children's plays, they're outstanding -- and always very entertaining for adults as well. It would be a great thing to do while the kidlings are on break.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#6 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

We went to see Venus in Fur by David Ives last night. The play is brilliantly written and acted. For those of you familiar with B Street, Dana Brooke stars in this one along with Tyler Pierce, new to B Street. Dana always does a great job and Tyler was excellent as well. The play is hysterical and has lots of twists and turns. Venus in Fur is playing through August 11.

Also, B Street brought back by popular demand The Big Bang, one of the funniest plays I've ever seen (I've seen it twice over the years). They've already extended the run three times due to its popularity. If you're not easily offended, I highly recommend you try to squeeze this into your schedule. It's scheduled to end July 28 -- unless they extend it again. The Big Bang stars favorite B Street actors: Greg Alexander, Jason Kuykendall, and Chris Schlagel.

http://www.bstreetth...e.org/the-shows

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#7 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:34 AM

Big Bang and Moonlight over Esconaba are my two favorites. Very entertaining!
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#8 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:03 AM

Big Bang and Moonlight over Esconaba are my two favorites. Very entertaining!

Those are two of our favorites as well as Vigil (hilarious!). And I have to add Venus in Fur now. I haven't yet gone to one of their imrov nights, but hear those are outrageously funny, too. I'm hoping to get to one soon.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#9 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

Well, we have another new favorite. We went to see Other Desert Cities on Saturday. The play was a Pulitzer Prize finalist -- brilliantly written. The B Street play is directed by David Pierini and is superbly performed by Dana Brooke, David Silberman, Joan Grant, Stephanie McVay and Mike DiSalvo.

Other Desert Cities runs through September 29. Go; you won't be sorry.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#10 whitley

whitley

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 01:42 PM

B Street is alive and doing well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users