Goodbye beautiful golden hills

#17 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

^ LOL

I'm torn. I love the open space. However I also believe we are fortunate that we have enjoyed it this long. I see another 10 years before significant development.

I think it's our responsibilities as citizens to be bulldogs to fight for preservation of large open spaces. However to think we are immune to growth is not realistic.

#18 MurphysLaw

MurphysLaw

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

I'm not going to be against growth but I am going to make sure that I protest that hell out of other things. I want the city to have a water supply for the entire expected population growth before they develop it. I also don't want the city to give incentives to developers. They have to put in the risk for the rewards.

#19 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

I've only been here going on 11 years, so I wasn't around back then, but did folks have the same concerns when Empire Ranch and Broadstone were created? The land was virtually identical.

I was around back when and there were widespread concerns that were expressed by residents. Fortunately, back in the early 90's we had a majority on the Council that were welcoming and receptive to residents concerns. This majority made sure that things were intially set up correctly and residents concerns were addressed so that our quality of life was preserved as best as it could be with growth. Also they made sure that growth contributed something to the existing community for that right to join us!

Over time the Council changed and the council has chipped away at these standards and have FAILED when opportunities arose to add additional safeguards or benefits to the community!

I'll be the first to acknowledge Folsom is a wonderful community, but we could be a lOT better! Its these failed opportunities that we can NEVER regain.

This Plan for S50 is below average at best for the existing residents N50!

#20 EAH

EAH

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

Makes me sad to think about the destruction of our wildlife habitats. For them it just never ends.

#21 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

One thing that bothers me about the last SIO plan I saw was the placement of the schools. Instead of being in the center giving more people better access, they are shuffled to the edges, which means more car traffic for the area.

When will the city stop allowing developers to earmark their worst plots for schools? That's why our last elementary school is located on a six lane road and will, eventually, be just blocks from a highway interchange.

#22 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

When will the city stop allowing developers to earmark their worst plots for schools?

When people like YOU, STOP supporting the same Council members who keep approving the very thing you are opposed to!

#23 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

When people like YOU, STOP supporting the same Council members who keep approving the very thing you are opposed to!

:deadhorse:
Robert, I kindly ask you to quit harping on me for supporting Kerri Howell. You've made your thoughts abundantly clear on the matter: you think I'm stupid for doing so. Stop.

#24 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

:deadhorse:
Robert, I kindly ask you to quit harping on me for supporting Kerri Howell. You've made your thoughts abundantly clear on the matter: you think I'm stupid for doing so. Stop.

You asked the question, so I gave you the correct answer. Was my answer incorrect? Who approves the DA where schools are located.....thats right the Council!

If you want to keep doing the same thing over and over and then expect different results... well that is the definition of insanity!

Weren't you the person who posted in the other thread something about other people not willing to open their mind about things or something to that effect? Maybe you ought to follow your own advice!

#25 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

You asked the question, so I gave you the correct answer. Was my answer incorrect? Who approves the DA where schools are located.....thats right the Council!

If you want to keep doing the same thing over and over and then expect different results... well that is the definition of insanity!

Weren't you the person who posted in the other thread something about other people not willing to open their mind about things or something to that effect? Maybe you ought to follow your own advice!

So the only solution to this is you convincing me not to vote for a certain person on the city council? That's the only thing you can suggest?

I think instead of you only harping on anyone who has shown support for Kerri Howell in the past would be to try to change the voting procedure because it keeps the old guard in. Get a public awareness movement going. Complain to the sitting council members, etc.

#26 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

Where do you live?

OK, maybe 2 to 3 months out of the year they might be green, but 9 to 10 months they are golden.

ok good bye golden hills, better? ;)

I'm just a bit puzzled as to why there aren't complaints when Rancho Cordova and El Dorado Hills develop their land south of 50.

We don't live there.

I'm not going to be against growth but I am going to make sure that I protest that hell out of other things. I want the city to have a water supply for the entire expected population growth before they develop it. I also don't want the city to give incentives to developers. They have to put in the risk for the rewards.

Our city council will give away everything to the developers, including our water. But don't worry, us residents will be paying extra for it all. Pretty sweet deal huh?

Kerri's not the only one running the city, don't forget to mention all the other "items" in the punch bowl here.

Why do all these schmucks keep getting elected over and over and over and over???

#27 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

So the only solution to this is you convincing me not to vote for a certain person on the city council? That's the only thing you can suggest?

I think instead of you only harping on anyone who has shown support for Kerri Howell in the past would be to try to change the voting procedure because it keeps the old guard in. Get a public awareness movement going. Complain to the sitting council members, etc.

My friend I never mentioned any names, I said council ( meaning plural). Until there is a majority on the council who will do what you are suggesting this will keep happening or the citizens will have to do ballot measures.

There can bo no doubt about this collective councils intentions based upon their decade of voting on development issues.

#28 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Makes me sad to think about the destruction of our wildlife habitats. For them it just never ends.

those freeloaders don't pay taxes.

I kid! I kid!!!

#29 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

Oh goody, now we can be just like Roseville

Hello vastly increased water and city service bills. I expect my city bill to shoot up to $150 a month very soon.

Regional Sanitation will raise it that much here shortly. It won't be long until our utility bills are over $200 per month and when the full effects of S50 are recognized, it will be closer to $300.00 per month!

For those who feel like we( the city) did a good job planning for growth, I say look at your utility bills and if you are happy subsidizing growth, then throw some of your money my way!

#30 Sanstar

Sanstar

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Working

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

I'm disappointed. I am so thankful each morning getting on the freeway that we are fortunate enough to have both "city" and "country". To begin building on this land will take away from what we have to offer, the best of both worlds. Aren't there enough vacant buildings and abandoned homes? Do we really need this? Obviously its all about $$ and who has it to spend...what do these developers care. It will be just another tax write-off for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users