2 replies to this topic

#1 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

I was recently in kind of a time crunch and needed to get a check engine light resolved. I had always had good luck with Big O on greenback for oil changes and other minor items, so I went there. Although the ownership has stayed the same, it is now a Tire Pros franchise (after 20 years, Big O corporate decided to double the fees).
To make a long story short, after the check engine light came back on a couple times, they pulled out all the stops, even going so far as to pay another mechanic to come in and look at it. They did all this while working around my schedule. I was not billed for the many, many hours they spent tracking down the unusual issue, nor was I billed for the other mechanic (who charged them).

As a business, they sucked up the loss, and handled everything the way you would expect a business to in a perfect world. At one point, they mentioned that if they couldn't fix it, they would refund my money. That was after new parts had been installed! Overall, John, Dale, and all the guys over there get a big thumbs up. Give them a try.
Tire Pros
9216 Greenback Lane
988-4528

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#2 mando

mando

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

They charged me about $100 more for the same set of tires as the Tire Pros shop near Home Depot later quoted me. Unfortunately, I got this info too late.

My bad for confirming the value of my purchase after the fact - I was in a rush on account of my schedule when I bought the tires.

#3 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

Interesting.

Before I started going to TirePros, I tried Les Schwab for brakes as they had been recommended on the boards. The cost varied substantially between the one on Madison and the one on Bidwell. You would think corporate mandate would set prices to keep things coherent...guess not. Overall, I wasn't terribly impressed, although their waiting area was nice.

Before I had the front end gone through on my pickup, it wore out the front tires, so I only replaced the two. I got them at Tire Pros, and they were cheaper than anyone in town except Sam's Club. Although there wasn't a huge price difference between various businesses, as mando points out, 20.00 per tire can add up.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users