#16 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:31 PM

You did well during your ordeal.

The jury is still out on the tax breaks.
We'll see.

Thanks Tio Vinny....!   Actually it was a great experience, being humbled, thrown out, kicked off the island after 18 years, losing employment, benefits, and many close friends all at once, all 130 of them laid off with me and the 1100 still left there, in the blink of an eye.  Makes you stronger in the end.  You don't get lazy, you update that resume and in spades.   Sad thing is that when you are a bit past age 55 nobody actually calls you anymore....?   Could not figure that out...?   I could help so many a bottom line at so many companies but they passed me by......   For 8 months, nada, very few bites, and when they did it was $13 to $15 an hour....   Of course they wanted some experience and a college degree and in science, which I do have but no...?   No thanks, I will work at WalMart before that...!   Anyway, somebody took a chance on me and I will reward their bottom line and in spades....!   They already see it after 3 months....   Thus the full time offer from temp to full time.  Oh, and the tax breaks are probably why I got hired full time.  Just a guess, but a good one I think.  Economy is great, employers having trouble finding capable people, all good for me....    And I am thinking democrats with their new lower house majority want to end all that....?   Better rethink that one democrats, just a hint.   Regards, Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#17 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 14 November 2018 - 08:32 PM

I've noticed that too. When you're out of your comfort zone, something amazing can come out of it.

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#18 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:12 PM

True.....!   Especially when you have others depending on you.   Always have a plan B in the can too....!   Like an updated resume and six months salary in the bank, should do the resume update once a year whether you like it or not, just like taxes....!     Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users