639 replies to this topic

#46 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:10 PM

5 more months to go! (until Whole Foods opens)...waiting...waiting....

Yes! I can't wait to pay double the price and suffer twice the smuggery of a normal grocery store!

#47 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:16 PM

Borders has recently been making money selling e-books via its Nook reader. The company has been for sale for a while and finally got a bid a few weeks ago. They might survive. But I'm not surprised if they're not expanding.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#48 ktsb

ktsb

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:24 PM

I agree on the Border's comment. Children's books are the only "real" books I buy and I they are often cheaper on Amazon.

But blech on Sport's Authority. There's already Sports Authority/Mart in Broadstone.

#49 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:51 PM

Yes! I can't wait to pay double the price and suffer twice the smuggery of a normal grocery store!

Uh oh, you better not let the bunco squad hear you say that or they'll go get all botoxed up and poofy lip punch you into submission :summerteeth:

#50 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:01 PM

Nugget is just as good as Whole Foods and slightly cheaper too.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#51 legofamily

legofamily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Reading
    Hiking
    Photography
    Sports
    Science

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:32 PM

Sports Authority is now going in place of Barnes & Noble...what a disappointment.

I wonder if they are moving from their present location? I can't imagine Folsom needing two of them and so close together.

#52 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:36 PM

I wonder if they are moving from their present location? I can't imagine Folsom needing two of them and so close together.

does Elliott still own the Broadstone mall too? If he does, then maybe he's moving them over to his new site. If I were Sports Authority, I would want to be in Broadstone by the critical mass of stores that are open there now.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#53 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

Nugget is just as good as Whole Foods and slightly cheaper too.

Whole Foods has some things that Nugget does not, and vis versa. I still wouldn't do all my shopping there, but it's nice to have the options close by.

Live in Folsom, work in EDH....get best of both grocery "worlds" :2thumbsup:

#54 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:19 PM

Chicago Fire confirmed - November 1.
http://www.sacbee.co...staurateur.html

#55 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:10 AM

I am looking forward to checking out this whole foods place..to see what they have that others don't. with lots of time, old soldier is quite the grocery shopper. he knows winco like the back of his hand and loves buying the same product he sees at raleys or safeway a lot cheaper. all the meat comes from costco along with chips and frozen dinners. when a fancy craving comes up ots off ot trader joes and finally when he wants to hang around with the beautiful people he motors up to Nuggett. I would guess with whole foods the fancy folks will be there as well.

#56 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:33 AM

I am looking forward to checking out this whole foods place..to see what they have that others don't. with lots of time, old soldier is quite the grocery shopper. he knows winco like the back of his hand and loves buying the same product he sees at raleys or safeway a lot cheaper. all the meat comes from costco along with chips and frozen dinners. when a fancy craving comes up ots off ot trader joes and finally when he wants to hang around with the beautiful people he motors up to Nuggett. I would guess with whole foods the fancy folks will be there as well.

Oh goodie, then if you will, give us regular updates of "like item" price comparisons. That would really help with the rest of us getting the best price too. No point in reinventing the wheel or doing the same research twice, since you're already on it.;)

I'm curious, what do you consider a fancy craving? Especially that you would get at Trader Joe's...

#57 That Guy

That Guy

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:19 PM

Does the word Palladio mean "Land of a thousand restaurants"?

#58 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:58 PM

Does the word Palladio mean "Land of a thousand restaurants"?

No, I think it means "All retail is forbidden!"

#59 ericm2031

ericm2031

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

Retail needs the foot traffic from the restaurants so it's better to secure the restaurants first.

And Folsom, like Roseville, has enough income to where demand for the restaurants hasn't dropped off as badly as many areas.

#60 ericm2031

ericm2031

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:45 PM

Palladio needs to get moving. The Galleria just announced they are reopening the burned part of the mall October 6th with a whole bunch of new retailers that weren't/aren't currently represented at the Galleria and/or in the region. Hopefully this doesn't (once again) steal Palladio's thunder...seems first it was The Fountains in the Summer of 2008 through 2009 with more openings still happening, then the Galleria Fall 2008 through 2009, then the economy collapsed, and now this. The Galleria and Fountains combined are now a combined 98% leased, unheard of in any economy, and a 2nd phase of The Fountains on the boards and Westfield has pockets filled with billions.

I just hope Palladio can get up and running, I really do...and be able to sustain itself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users