41 replies to this topic

#16 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:14 AM

Channels 3, 10, and 13 are here and have been running this story with the pics and videos. Won't take too long for them to be caught.

Good news is that everything is back up and running again. Couple broken bulbs, one missing tree topper, and a lot of plugs that needed to be plugged back in. Luckily the weather cooperated today.

Saw it channel 10 news last night, with that kind of publicity, I expect the girls will be caught or hopefully, turn themselves in showing remorse for their poor decision that night.
I would rather be Backpacking

#17 sactokngs

sactokngs

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:40 AM

so sorry about them doing this for "fun" it looks like. SOOOO GLAD you caught them on video!!! While there are plenty of charities Make a Wish and Shriners are my two favorite! Really hope that they are caught. I only looked at Video 3...it appears that they came walking in from the right side of the driveway, is that the direction of the house where the party was broken up a few nights before?

#18 jagayman

jagayman

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:29 PM

so sorry about them doing this for "fun" it looks like. SOOOO GLAD you caught them on video!!! While there are plenty of charities Make a Wish and Shriners are my two favorite! Really hope that they are caught. I only looked at Video 3...it appears that they came walking in from the right side of the driveway, is that the direction of the house where the party was broken up a few nights before?

Yes, they ended up coming and leaving from that direction. And additional damage was done to other people's decorations in that direction as well. I figure if they are from Folsom, they will be identified. If they are not from Folsom -- say they just drove out for the party -- then they had some determination to come out just to mess with people's yards for an hour.

Heard on the talk radio this morning that Sacramento Crime Alert is seeking information on this now. And they usually offer rewards if the culprits are caught from the tips.
Jason Gayman
Folsom Weather Webmaster

#19 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:38 PM

Yes, they ended up coming and leaving from that direction. And additional damage was done to other people's decorations in that direction as well. I figure if they are from Folsom, they will be identified. If they are not from Folsom -- say they just drove out for the party -- then they had some determination to come out just to mess with people's yards for an hour.

Heard on the talk radio this morning that Sacramento Crime Alert is seeking information on this now. And they usually offer rewards if the culprits are caught from the tips.

Even if they're not from Folsom, you've had such great news coverage throughout the Greater Sacramento Area that someone's bound to recognize them. I surely hope so. Great job, decorating, BTW!
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#20 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:39 AM

Even if they're not from Folsom, you've had such great news coverage throughout the Greater Sacramento Area that someone's bound to recognize them. I surely hope so. Great job, decorating, BTW!

solving this one would be a feather in the folsom pd's hat. hope they are working this one hard as it would generate some nice press and of course goodwill with the fpd my folsom.com fans

#21 redman

redman

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:26 AM

I live near the house where the big party occurred and PM'd you with what I know (it's not a whole lot but may help).

#22 Walnut

Walnut

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:39 PM

Grr.
I'm a believer in comeuppance and redemption, and so hope such will be applied here.
+1 to Knittychick's vision of such an outcome.

#23 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:13 PM

Whoever keeps ripping the lights out of my front yard and taking them, it's getting really old. I miss the days when people respected other people's property.

#24 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:16 PM

ducky - if it makes you feel any better, my parents did a Christmas display in the early 60's and in the time it took for my dad to run to the store for film, some kids came and destroyed the whole thing. It still sucks for you, but it's not that new. :(

#25 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:42 PM

ducky - if it makes you feel any better, my parents did a Christmas display in the early 60's and in the time it took for my dad to run to the store for film, some kids came and destroyed the whole thing. It still sucks for you, but it's not that new. :(

Thanks, stacycam. I know it's not new. They do it just about every year. It's just they usually leave them on the sidewalk and maybe stomp on a few where we can at least fix them up and put them back. This time they've been taking the whole strings of lights.

I know it's not a big deal in the scheme of things. Just venting.

#26 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:56 PM

Jason, did they ever find out who did it?

I don't understand the logic of these people. Are they trying to make some sort of statement or something, or just being stupid kids? A few years ago we had a problem with our deer - every night they were "mating" by the morning. I'm sure it was just kids having a few laughs but it definitely gets old, especially when it ends up breaking some of the connections in the deer.

#27 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:15 PM

I don't understand the logic of these people. Are they trying to make some sort of statement or something, or just being stupid kids? A few years ago we had a problem with our deer - every night they were "mating" by the morning. I'm sure it was just kids having a few laughs but it definitely gets old, especially when it ends up breaking some of the connections in the deer.

They're just being Richards

#28 Howdy

Howdy

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:12 AM

A few years ago we had a problem with our deer - every night they were "mating" by the morning. I'm sure it was just kids having a few laughs but it definitely gets old, especially when it ends up breaking some of the connections in the deer.

We went through that for 3 years. I guess the kids next door got older and lost interest. I found that if you pound in the 4 stakes at pretty steep angles and each one from a different direction it makes it much tougher to just come by and pull straight up out of the ground. I was just about to go buy an electric fence transformer and string it up to those metal frame deer. They would get a nice surprise when it comes to pulling that deer out of the ground. Though I am sure doing that would open up a lot of other problems in the form of retaliation or legal.

#29 SacDJ

SacDJ

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:21 AM

...especially when it ends up breaking some of the connections in the deer.

Please, this is a family forum. But that does sound painful.

#30 jagayman

jagayman

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:10 AM

Not that I know. We left a message with the PD a few days ago to see if they had gotten any info, but they haven't called us back.
Jason Gayman
Folsom Weather Webmaster

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users