7 replies to this topic

#1 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:44 AM

Is it just my computers, or did the little ^ in the lower left of posts go away so there isn't an easy bounce me to the top button?
I would rather be Backpacking

#2 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:47 AM

Is it just my computers, or did the little ^ in the lower left of posts go away so there isn't an easy bounce me to the top button?

I think it has something to do with the skin that is being used. When I use the tomato pages skin, the up arrow and the new posts buttons are there, but when I used the myfolsom skin - neither is available..... at least that's what I've found so far.....

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#3 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:49 AM

I also noticed when I'm in the world/US government sub-forum, the "new posts" button is gone. I have to click on "main forums" to get to a page with the "new posts" on it.

I think it has something to do with the skin that is being used. When I use the tomato pages skin, the up arrow and the new posts buttons are there, but when I used the myfolsom skin - neither is available..... at least that's what I've found so far.....

interesting, the arrows are back, but I didn't do anything that I know of to change "skins".

#4 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:51 AM

I also noticed when I'm in the world/US government sub-forum, the "new posts" button is gone. I have to click on "main forums" to get to a page with the "new posts" on it.

interesting, the arrows are back, but I didn't do anything that I know of to change "skins".

I noticed that this thread has the tomato pages basic header (skin) on it but the main page has the myforum skin, it looks like its tied to the skins somehow, but I'm not fully sure if that's exactly it, it just looks that way to me when I see the header banner graphics change between threads and the main page

#5 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:52 AM

hmm, I toggle between this topic with the up arrow and another window with another topic and no arrows are over there.

#6 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:53 AM

just confirmed that when I'm in this thread, the tomato pages basic skin is being used, but when I click on the view new content link under the search link, it goes to the main page which has a my folsom skin on it

not sure why it's toggling skins like that.?

#7 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:56 AM

just confirmed that when I'm in this thread, the tomato pages basic skin is being used, but when I click on the view new content link under the search link, it goes to the main page which has a my folsom skin on it

This is weird, I know it didn't used to do this, but now whenever I go to the sub-forum
State / US / World Government & Politics
The new posts tab is gone and so are the up arrows.
This is new behavior that started I think yesterday or maybe the day before.

edit, same phemomena for "Folsom General Discussion"

#8 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:10 AM

OK, I see what you are you talking about, I have the up arrow and the "new post" tab when the top of the page says tomato pages and shows a cartoony version of the sacramento skyline in black and white, then some sub-forums seem to pop up with a color pictue of the Folsom College campus and it has the myfolsom.com logo in it.

Well, maybe this will be enough info for john to figure what the heck is up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users