UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:03 AM

Paul Ryan makes himself a lame duck:

Won't stand up against some of the crazier Trump ideas.
Something like 42 GOP senators and congressmen announce they are NOT running for re-election.

:USA:     :wave2:

Speaker Ryan to retire, leaving big election-year GOP vacuum

http://www.chicagotr...0411-story.html

House Speaker Paul Ryan abruptly announced Wednesday he will retire rather than seek another term in Congress as the steady if reluctant wingman for President Donald Trump, sending new ripples of uncertainty through a Washington already on edge and a Republican Party bracing for a rough election year.

What’s Driving Republican Retirements From Congress?

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/whats-driving-republican-retirements-from-congress/

Some Republicans — like Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) and Rep. Ryan Costello (R-Penn.) — say they are bowing out due to mounting frustrations with President Donald Trump’s leadership and the GOP’s struggles to pass bills despite a majority in Congress.

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#2 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:50 AM

DEJA VU?:  I love it when I see leftist Commie Dems get overconfident and get their hopes up for an election.  And then the big "L-word" comes up and slaps 'em around like a female dog... see below.  Remember that, lefties??  Remember how cocky and confident you were??  You big dummies don't learn, do ya??   :lol:

258fc8b0b45b02d251c04a79895ff386.png

#3 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:09 AM

I think a problem today with liberals is that they believe the "news" fed to them by MSNBC, CNN, PBS, ABC, etc.   Just like they did last election and they thought the Hildabeast was a shoe in....!   I do watch CNN and MSNBC just to see the drama of them being upset all the time about Trump and interviewing each other and reporting their thoughts, feelings, and opinions, their liberally biased opinion, as news.  It is a sort of mass hysteria in my opinion that only plays to the NY and West coast liberal bastions.   The rest of us in "flyover" country just laugh at them.  I think the coming "blue wave" is going to be more of  "singing the blues" for the democratic party than them actually making many gains in office.  Chris  

1A - 2A = -1A

#4 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:58 PM

I dunno . . . EIGHT GOPers from Texas alone are quitting the race.

Blue deluge a-coming!

GOP strategists close to congressional leaders are worried
that FBI's raid on Trump lawyer Michael Cohen could
signal trouble in midterms

https://www.cnbc.com...hael-cohen.html

• Political operatives close to congressional Republican leadership are shaken after the FBI raided the office and residence of President Trump's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen.
  • GOP political advisors think the issue could push voters away from the GOP agenda and give Democrats a big boost in the midterms.
  • "Among strategists, concern is at an all-caps level," one Republican strategist, who is close to Senate leaders, tells CNBC.

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#5 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:08 PM

NO BLUE WAVE?  :lol: Three Democratic incumbents running for re-election in states President Trump won are among the least-popular senators, according to new polling data.  Story below.  :cheer:

https://www.washingt...opular-senators

#6 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:07 PM

I dunno . . . EIGHT GOPers from Texas alone are quitting the race.

Blue deluge a-coming!

I really don't believe anything I hear on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NPR, and even local news KCRA 3 and news 10 and 40.  The liberal bias is very strong on the national networks and very evident, but no quite as bad locally, but noticeable.  Fox news is the only news with rational debates and who actually include a liberal on their panels.  The liberal national news networks jumped the shark a dozen years ago to the point where they have siloed themselves and believe their own liberal BS.  It was very evident in the last election and their "Blue wave" will be nothing but a normal tide.   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#7 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:23 AM

If you plan on getting 8 seats to flip dem in Texas, you are delusional.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#8 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:48 PM

If you plan on getting 8 seats to flip dem in Texas, you are delusional.

Dunno about that.   Vice News interviewed a couple of DEMs running in Texas and they sounded pretty rational to me.  They weren't at the fringes at all. And they were young.  time for old coots to step aside.

#9 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:54 PM

I laugh at ignorant Dems who still insist on making predictions... even though last time they got their @$$es handed to them... *bigly*!! :lol:

CvNjgeuXYAAO8mB.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users