104 replies to this topic

#31 kaybird

kaybird

All Star

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:59 PM

A Blue Angel just flew over Lexington Hills! So exciting!

#32 Translucent

Translucent

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:<br /><br />_______________________________

Posted 17 March 2006 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE(kaybird @ Mar 17 2006, 12:59 PM) View Post

A Blue Angel just flew over Lexington Hills! So exciting!

I'm excited to go, used to love these events as a kid. If any of you have young kids this is a memory they will never forget. Anyhow does anyone know if it will be a full-display air-show with other planes and military aircraft to view, or will it just be the Blue Angels flying overhead?

Thanks in Advance

-Ryan

#33 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 17 March 2006 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE(Translucent @ Mar 17 2006, 01:08 PM) View Post

I'm excited to go, used to love these events as a kid. If any of you have young kids this is a memory they will never forget. Anyhow does anyone know if it will be a full-display air-show with other planes and military aircraft to view, or will it just be the Blue Angels flying overhead?

Thanks in Advance

-Ryan

They will have aircraft on display as well as other performers, but I haven't seen a program. Gates open at 10 am, but they don't post the flying schedule as they try to stay flexible to adapt to the weather. I'd wear good walking shoes and bring a comfortable folding chair.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#34 kaybird

kaybird

All Star

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE(Translucent @ Mar 17 2006, 01:08 PM) View Post

Thanks in Advance

-Ryan

Ryan,
My understanding is that it is a full airshow. As a matter of fact I just saw some type of HUGE plane headed in to Mather too. Looks like it might have been some type of bomber?

#35 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 17 March 2006 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE(kaybird @ Mar 17 2006, 01:16 PM) View Post

Ryan,
My understanding is that it is a full airshow. As a matter of fact I just saw some type of HUGE plane headed in to Mather too. Looks like it might have been some type of bomber?

Yahoo! You guys are getting me excited now. I wish we all had myfolsom hats or something to wear. I bet there is going to be a lot of junk to buy also. Stuff I need real bad and that ends up sitting in a drawer in my nightstand for years.

#36 Joe

Joe

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:39 PM

I will be there tomorrow. I also saw what looked like a bomber and a formation of 6 military helicopters.

#37 FamilyMan

FamilyMan

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 08:46 AM

We'll be there today.

#38 dlutz

dlutz

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 11:49 AM

We're heading out on Sunday for the show and have a quick question for anyone who went to Saturday's show.

How was the traffic getting in and out? Should we drive or should we take the RT in?

Thanks.

#39 kaybird

kaybird

All Star

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE(dlutz @ Mar 18 2006, 11:49 AM) View Post

We're heading out on Sunday for the show and have a quick question for anyone who went to Saturday's show.

How was the traffic getting in and out? Should we drive or should we take the RT in?

Thanks.

I was wondering the same thing. How early should we get there? What time did the "action" start?

#40 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 12:12 PM

I drove by Bradshaw on 50 and I saw the traffics. Look pretty bad.

#41 PhilM

PhilM

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 12:14 PM

Anyone have a suggestion for a good vantage point if you can't make it to the Mather Field show?

#42 Erika

Erika

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 01:13 PM

It would be really fun to go but we'll have to go another year since it'll be too loud for the little one. I remember going as a kid and it was pretty cool.

Post pictures here if you guys went. dbanana.gif

#43 Kermitlover

Kermitlover

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 02:52 PM

Since some of you went to the airshow today ...Can you give those of us who plan to attend on Sunday some idea how bad traffic was?
Do you have any suggestions on how to get around? What to bring? Where to go? Must sees?
I heard that traffic was a nightmare so I think we are planning to ride lightrail down. Did anyone do this and how was it?

#44 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 02:57 PM

Traffic was HORRENDOUS. 50 was a parking lot! We actually planned on going today but we bailed because it was so backed up. We plan on taking light rail in tomorrow. If you drive, I would say it will take you around 2 hours to get in.

#45 dlutz

dlutz

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE(john @ Mar 18 2006, 02:57 PM) View Post

Traffic was HORRENDOUS. 50 was a parking lot! We actually planned on going today but we bailed because it was so backed up. We plan on taking light rail in tomorrow. If you drive, I would say it will take you around 2 hours to get in.

John,

Thanks for the info. Any thoughts about the back way in on White Rock? Think it will be just as bad?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users