56 replies to this topic

#31 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:58 PM

Parkland Homes is almost bankrupt. Their website is way scaled down and there is no more info for Blackstone (it used to be there).

Cambridge Homes website states that EDH "coming soon in 2008".

The blackstoneeldorado website was last updated in 2007.

The writing is on the wall. Blackstone EDH = FAILED project.

#32 gemwood

gemwood

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (palango @ May 20 2009, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blackstone, El Dorado??? Are they still inbusiness?? I thought all the builders, except poor lennar pulled out. The Clubhouse never opened. All the promises that the builders made of this clubhouse with the swimming pool, etc. went out the window. No parks. No schools. No trees in the streets. Lots of empty promises. Another failed project and victim of this economy.

Yes they are still in business with just Lennar building home. Surprisingly a lot of homes are selling, you almost can strike a bargain. The single storeyed houses are in a bigger demand. Also there is a lot of construction activity going on. The clubhouse swimming pool is open for summers. Since the rest of the club house is not available, there is a reduced HOA fee. I agree the school is probably at least 2-3 years away. However the elementary school is William Brooks which is very convenient due to the proximity of the free way. I still like the view of the valley and the mountains with the empty lots :-) I am sure at some point with the economy turn around this will be completed. At least I have neighbors and the empty lots next to mine have houses in them.

#33 vakr

vakr

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (gemwood @ May 20 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes they are still in business with just Lennar building home. Surprisingly a lot of homes are selling, you almost can strike a bargain. The single storeyed houses are in a bigger demand. Also there is a lot of construction activity going on. The clubhouse swimming pool is open for summers. Since the rest of the club house is not available, there is a reduced HOA fee. I agree the school is probably at least 2-3 years away. However the elementary school is William Brooks which is very convenient due to the proximity of the free way. I still like the view of the valley and the mountains with the empty lots :-) I am sure at some point with the economy turn around this will be completed. At least I have neighbors and the empty lots next to mine have houses in them.

I am resident of blackstone as well and I agree with gemwood. Though the pace of building is slow, but atleast Lennar is still doing the construction. Of late though I do see lot more activity and homes selling in a steady pace.

So far I am very happy with the purchase and the view of rolling hills is awesome (I can relish the view till the houses come up in the slope). I think new homes with solar features are a good selling point. My electricity bill has been just $2 for the last two months. Never had to pay more than $20 for the last six months for a living area of ~2750sqft. Waiting for summer bills...

#34 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (vakr @ May 28 2009, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am resident of blackstone as well and I agree with gemwood. Though the pace of building is slow, but atleast Lennar is still doing the construction. Of late though I do see lot more activity and homes selling in a steady pace.

So far I am very happy with the purchase and the view of rolling hills is awesome (I can relish the view till the houses come up in the slope). I think new homes with solar features are a good selling point. My electricity bill has been just $2 for the last two months. Never had to pay more than $20 for the last six months for a living area of ~2750sqft. Waiting for summer bills...

I guess now would be the ideal time to buy because you have sooo much bargaining chips as the prices (even from 2008) have dropped significantly in EDH and Blackstone. The folks that bought in 08 are kicking themselves now because they lost some serious equity. I remember looking at a home there in 2008 for 610. Now its about 540 + all the incentives. Ouch.

#35 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:09 PM

Also, I am HIGHLY suspcious of newbies posting in defence of builders. They could be the builders' "sales" agent trying to sugar coat everything. When the only or the majority of posting/topic that they have ever responded to tends to be about the positives of the builder or community, you take it with a graiun of salt.

Memo to these builder sales associates. Please make sure that you post other things as well to make yourself "seem" legit rather than make it obvious.

#36 vakr

vakr

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (palango @ May 28 2009, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, I am HIGHLY suspcious of newbies posting in defence of builders. They could be the builders' "sales" agent trying to sugar coat everything. When the only or the majority of posting/topic that they have ever responded to tends to be about the positives of the builder or community, you take it with a graiun of salt.

Memo to these builder sales associates. Please make sure that you post other things as well to make yourself "seem" legit rather than make it obvious.

Wow...you seem to be so in love with blackstone and its builders ;-). I think you will definitely like this news then...

They are going to open the fitness center including locker rooms, restrooms and the outdoor recration areas including the lap pool, family pool, children's pool, spa, ,tot lot, cabanas and a large outdoor courtyard. The opening is on June 6th afternoon.

Hope you find some peace now..

#37 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (vakr @ May 28 2009, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow...you seem to be so in love with blackstone and its builders ;-). I think you will definitely like this news then...

They are going to open the fitness center including locker rooms, restrooms and the outdoor recration areas including the lap pool, family pool, children's pool, spa, ,tot lot, cabanas and a large outdoor courtyard. The opening is on June 6th afternoon.

Hope you find some peace now..

Great selling points mr/Mrs sales associate for Lennar. My buddy cancelled his contract last year because he had a bad feeling. That was a GREAT move because the very same home is now worth 60-70k less.

No Parkland. No cambridge and all lies. I just hate it when a business is not honest. Their website still says that Parkland and cambridge is "coming soon", but Parkland and Cambridge is on the edge of Bankruptcy. So do me a favor and go back to do what you do best; this is to see how many units you sell this month. Do not waste your time on these boards and pretend you are a homeowner when in fact you are an agent posing.

As I stated, I am always suspeciaous of one time posters that are fairly consistent of the defence of a certain business. When it wallks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it IS a duck.

#38 Inwit

Inwit

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE (palango @ May 29 2009, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great selling points mr/Mrs sales associate for Lennar. My buddy cancelled his contract last year because he had a bad feeling. That was a GREAT move because the very same home is now worth 60-70k less.

No Parkland. No cambridge and all lies. I just hate it when a business is not honest. Their website still says that Parkland and cambridge is "coming soon", but Parkland and Cambridge is on the edge of Bankruptcy. So do me a favor and go back to do what you do best; this is to see how many units you sell this month. Do not waste your time on these boards and pretend you are a homeowner when in fact you are an agent posing.

As I stated, I am always suspeciaous of one time posters that are fairly consistent of the defence of a certain business. When it wallks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it IS a duck.

I tend to agree, vakr started this topic, posted 2 more posts last year on it and then nada, comes back a year later and posts on this topic only again. I would have expected a homeowner to have had other things to say on other topics, but that would be a waste of a sales persons time to bother with the normal drivel we enjoy.

Palango, I think you nailed this one on the head, good job.
n. 1. Inward sense; mind; understanding; conscience.

#39 vakr

vakr

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (palango @ May 29 2009, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I agree that your buddy did good by cancelling the contract but at the same time I hope he didn't buy it at some other place. Because there is no disputing the fact that the prices have come down from last year in EDH. So even if he had bought it at some other place other than blackstone, the prices would have come down naturally. It may even go down further by end of this year...who knows. The buyer should use his judgement when buying.

I agree with all you said that blackstone website is outdated and there are no other builders maybe for next couple of years etc. and school is probably a distant 2-3 yrs at the most. So I am not trying to protect the blackstone sales agent. They are ofcourse builders agent and one should never trust them. They are being paid to sell the property. They are like car sales agent ;-) who can never be trusted.

And being a homeowner in this community I just wish it doesnot fail like you do. Since you are so dead against the Blackstone Community, I just wanted to bring out some positives that is happening which would be typical of a blackstone homeowner. I know everyone who lives in the blackstone community will agree. When someone is thrashing about the community so much, its bound for a homeowner living in the area to come up with some positives and defend. That doesn't mean I am Lennar's agent. Also I feel I made a good bargain purchase whether you believe it or not. But that may not hold true if the market keeps falling.

I think its in the best interest of everybody that the market stabilizes.

Reading all your posts it looks to me that you are absolutely against this community. Why is it so? Is it affecting the pricing of your home/neighborhood etc. or you are being jealous that ppl are getting new homes at bargain prices :-)? There must be some reason ....I just wonder what it could be....

#40 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (vakr @ May 29 2009, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reading all your posts it looks to me that you are absolutely against this community. Why is it so? Is it affecting the pricing of your home/neighborhood etc. or you are being jealous that ppl are getting new homes at bargain prices :-)? There must be some reason ....I just wonder what it could be....

I am just jealous that I cannot disguise myself as a "concerned" homeowner like yourself. You can dodge the REAL issue here all you want, but the more you post, the more I am convinced that you are the indeed an agent.

Secondly, I have absolutely nothing against the REAL homeowners of Blackstone, but I do have a beef against any business that comes in here via their ghost agents disguising themselves as caring homeowners to sugar coat and put an ultra positive spin on everything thats going on.

For the sake of honesty and transparancy, I just wanted the truth. Thats all.

#41 vakr

vakr

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (vakr @ May 29 2009, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I agree that your buddy did good by cancelling the contract but at the same time I hope he didn't buy it at some other place. Because there is no disputing the fact that the prices have come down from last year in EDH. So even if he had bought it at some other place other than blackstone, the prices would have come down naturally. It may even go down further by end of this year...who knows. The buyer should use his judgement when buying.

I agree with all you said that blackstone website is outdated and there are no other builders maybe for next couple of years etc. and school is probably a distant 2-3 yrs at the most. So I am not trying to protect the blackstone sales agent. They are ofcourse builders agent and one should never trust them. They are being paid to sell the property. They are like car sales agent ;-) who can never be trusted.

And being a homeowner in this community I just wish it doesnot fail like you do. Since you are so dead against the Blackstone Community, I just wanted to bring out some positives that is happening which would be typical of a blackstone homeowner. I know everyone who lives in the blackstone community will agree. When someone is thrashing about the community so much, its bound for a homeowner living in the area to come up with some positives and defend. That doesn't mean I am Lennar's agent. Also I feel I made a good bargain purchase whether you believe it or not. But that may not hold true if the market keeps falling.

I think its in the best interest of everybody that the market stabilizes.

Another positive I forgot to mention...not from a homeowner perspective but from economy perspective.... Because the construction is still taking place, the workers have a job and able to feed their family which indirectly helps the local economy and avoids more foreclosures....so be sympathetic to them...

So I urge you to just be positive in your approach and wish this community develops and helps the local economy which you agree or not indirectly affects you and me likewise.

#42 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (vakr @ May 29 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another positive I forgot to mention...not from a homeowner perspective but from economy perspective.... Because the construction is still taking place, the workers have a job and able to feed their family which indirectly helps the local economy and avoids more foreclosures....so be sympathetic to them...

So I urge you to just be positive in your approach and wish this community develops and helps the local economy which you agree or not indirectly affects you and me likewise.

I made my points, but I do wish you, the blackstone agent, the real homeowners, and the EDH community well. I hope it works out and it is a huge success because of the fact that it is keeping folks employed and also its potential success can spur other success stories in EDH.

I live in EDH and I want the best for EDH AND Folsom, but I get ultra upset with "ghost" posters cheerleading their cause/business without full disclosure.

My final point is that when the majority of ones posts are within one topic/discussion as they are passionately defending their business, its kid of hard to take them seriously because that aroma of "doubt" fills the air. Are they legit or they an agent of propaganda??

Good Luck to you.

#43 vakr

vakr

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (palango @ May 29 2009, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am just jealous that I cannot disguise myself as a "concerned" homeowner like yourself. You can dodge the REAL issue here all you want, but the more you post, the more I am convinced that you are the indeed an agent.

Secondly, I have absolutely nothing against the REAL homeowners of Blackstone, but I do have a beef against any business that comes in here via their ghost agents disguising themselves as caring homeowners to sugar coat and put an ultra positive spin on everything thats going on.

For the sake of honesty and transparancy, I just wanted the truth. Thats all.

Do you think in today's buyer's market and especially in this kind of economy, buyers are going to believe, whatever an anonymous person like you or me who write in Tomato pages Forums whether it is positive or negative, about a community. I think everyone knows what has happened to the real estate here and how people were fooled for the last few years by these big builders and finance companies. Everyone has learned a lesson.

I definitely believe that people will have their own reasons and interest when deciding to buy in this community or when they decide against. They are not going to change their mind based on what we say (to you I am being overly positive...and to me you are being overly negative).

I fealt that you were too strongly against this community and reading your posts looked like the buyers who bought homes here are fools because the project his going to be a failed one. This is your own words
The writing is on the wall. Blackstone EDH = FAILED project

Such harsh words made me post some positives and defend this community.

#44 vakr

vakr

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (palango @ May 29 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I made my points, but I do wish you, the blackstone agent, the real homeowners, and the EDH community well. I hope it works out and it is a huge success because of the fact that it is keeping folks employed and also its potential success can spur other success stories in EDH.

I live in EDH and I want the best for EDH AND Folsom, but I get ultra upset with "ghost" posters cheerleading their cause/business without full disclosure.

My final point is that when the majority of ones posts are within one topic/discussion as they are passionately defending their business, its kid of hard to take them seriously because that aroma of "doubt" fills the air. Are they legit or they an agent of propaganda??

Good Luck to you.

I can understand your point too. I do see you are a very active member of this forum. Kudos for that. I am just a newbie first time homebuyer who moved from Folsom to EDH and I am new to this area. Hopefully I too can start to post some useful interesting discussion topics other than blackstone stuff as I get involved more with the EDH community.

#45 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (vakr @ May 29 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can understand your point too. I do see you are a very active member of this forum. Kudos for that. I am just a newbie first time homebuyer who moved from Folsom to EDH and I am new to this area. Hopefully I too can start to post some useful interesting discussion topics other than blackstone stuff as I get involved more with the EDH community.

Welcome. This site is amazing. There are lots of compassionate and open minded folks. there are some mean ones as well, but thats life.. Most of all, the collaboration and sharing of advice is what I like most about it.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users