6 replies to this topic

#1 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:23 PM

As if I didn't know better.  No wonder I always go to Frys or order online. So I order a PC from Best Buy. COuldn't do it online because their system was screwed up. So I went into the store and ordered it. Pretty painless. Both website and store said delivery on the 6th. I opted for email receipt. None ever came. However, my account was debited, so there was obviously an order. Checked status today and it said shipped. Called store to see if it was in. Told that it just shipped today from back east warehouse. Odd that, since the company building the PC is located in Los Angeles.  When I said that the website said I could order one today and have it here in 48 hours, I was told that I could do that if I wanted. I was later told that the 48 hours was incorrect and it would take 10 days.

The androgynous Pat service rep was extremely dismissive and definitely projected a "sucks for you, but what are you going to do about it" vibe. Asked to speak to a manager and was put on hold. Then told that they were really busy and couldn't speak to me. I asked for them to call me back when they had a chance and was told by the rep that they couldn't do anything for me anyway. The rep listed all the things the managers couldn't do for me. I reiterated my desire to speak to a manger because the rep attitude was pissing me off. He discouraged me AGAIN. I finally raised my voice and said I had no desire to talk to him anymore and that it wasn't regarding the shipping it was regarding him (or her). He said that there ws no need to raise my voice and that he would hang up on me. I instantly lowered my voice to a "sweet" level and told him to have a manager call me when available. He said he couldn't guarantee they would. I then tried to contact a regional or corporate customer service and even tried to get the VP of investor relations email (that generally gets a response). The Cayman islands wishes its clients were as well insulated as anyone at Best Buy who can actually do something for you.

Crap service, false advertising, poor computer invoicing.  NEVER AGAIN.

Buy there at your own risk.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#2 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:14 PM

Online ordering or ordering something of value at the retail store to be delivered at a later date is always dicey, unless it's Amazon online ordering. Learned my lesson long ago.

Amazon won't jerk you around, but many other types of retailers don't care about your order as long as they get the sale.

I will buy stuff from Best Buy, but only in-store to avoid their online/ordering deficiencies. And their return policy is excellent, especially this time of year where they extend the return period. Oh, and I always get a receipt at the store.

Yes, good customer service is decaying in America, and I know why.

#3 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:53 AM

Sam's,Costco, Amazon and Apple are awesome with customer service. Never had an issue with Tiger Direct for PC stuff either. On the other end of the spectrum are Best Buy, AT&T and winner for first worst is HP.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#4 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:44 PM

Well, well. Time for an update.  I got an email reply to my twitter blast that said, "Oh no... Is there anything I can do?" To which I replied by email with a link to this thread. i received a reply that said, "This email is not monitored." In other words, it was a roboreply. There was no intent to actually do anything.  The same thing happened on their Facebook page. It said response to messaging was immediate. So I tried it. It was immediate. The algorithm running the reply could use some work. It was sort of like when you search for socks on google and get the "did you mean sock puppets and mannequins?" response. Epic FAIL.  I STILL have not received a receipt, which means I cannot log in to view my order online. When you go to the local store phone menu, it tells you to easily track your order by using the online site. FAIL!  I then manage to get order status by using my phone number..."Awaiting customer pick up"  Funny, they said they would call and or text me when it was available. You would think they would be all over that considering how they had already blown me off once. EPIC FAIL.  We'll see if the product is actually there (and correct) tomorrow when I take my two week old broken printer in for a replacement.

#5 granto

granto

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:56 AM

Which is why you should buy your next PC at Costco.

#6 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:54 PM

Thinking of having Best Buy's Geek Squad repair your computer? Beware. Looks like Best Buy/Geek Squad may be in some deep legal trouble for snooping for the FBI. Disturbing story below over the whole *privacy/surveillance* issue.

http://www.ocweekly....illance-7950030

#7 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:15 PM

Thinking of having Best Buy's Geek Squad repair your computer? Beware. Looks like Best Buy/Geek Squad may be in some deep legal trouble for snooping for the FBI. Disturbing story below over the whole *privacy/surveillance* issue.

http://www.ocweekly....illance-7950030

These guys suck overall. They are a total fraud when it comes to repair or anything related to your warranty. They basically built me a new TV by part swapping because they have zero trouble shooting skills. Oh well, better for me, Buyer beware!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users