81 replies to this topic

#16 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

Apparently he lives down the street from us. Fox 40 stopped in front of our house while hubby was out asking if we knew the right house. We don't know the family.

So tragic...

Yep, a listing on your street. Very tragic indeed. I think I heard the band practicing when I was working at a customers house..........
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace.

Jimi Hendrix

#17 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

Folsom Man Charged In Double-Fatal Crash On Folsom Boulevard

FOLSOM (CBS13) – A Folsom man was arrested Sunday for causing an accident that killed
two people on Folsom Boulevard on Saturday night.

At 6:46 p.m. Michael Sharp, 21, was driving his SUV on southbound Folsom Boulevard
when he crossed over the double yellow line and hit an oncoming sedan, killing two
people inside, according to Folsom Police.

Investigators say Sharp was driving while intoxicated. He was arrested on two charges
of vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated and drug impaired driving causing serious
injury or death. Sharp was injured and not booked into jail.

Toxicology tests will be conducted to reveal what intoxicant was in Sharp’s bloodstream.

LINK:

http://sacramento.cb...lsom-boulevard/
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#18 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

Still no identities on the victims?

#19 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

Still no identities on the victims?

Not that I've seen, but someone posted to the article at The Bee that they were brothers in their 30s. :(
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#20 JLauren

JLauren

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

Another website has posted two names. First link is the main website, the second link is to their Facebook page.
http://www.fontainedance.com/
http://www.facebook....113091838711356

#21 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

the young man who killed them has just ruined his life as well. tragic tragic incident.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#22 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

Investigators say Sharp was driving while intoxicated. He was arrested on two charges
of vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated and drug impaired driving causing serious
injury or death. Sharp was injured and not booked into jail.

Am I reading that right? Why would he NOT be booked into jail? This makes no sense.

#23 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

Am I reading that right? Why would he NOT be booked into jail? This makes no sense.

On the news last night they showed the Folsom PD hauling him away. I think the booking was delayed because he was sent to the hospital after he decided to ruin several lives.

#24 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

This is so very, very sad. It should make all of us take pause to remember, we are not promised a tomorrow. We can leave this earth any time, any place in the wink of an eye. I hope the remaining victim is not going to have life crippling injuries. They don't mention if that person is a child or adult, making me think it's a minor.

My sympathies for the families of these two innocent men. Also for the victims as I'm sure they did not want to leave their lives so early. There's a good chance these men left children and parents that will have to cope with the shock of losing their loved ones so unexpectedly.

Does anyone know if the victims were residents of Folsom? Not that it matters, I was just wondering.

Man, this is about as bad as it gets, when someone is just driving down the road and suddenly, they aren't here any more. :(

#25 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

I always try to drive defensively but folks we just never know when some idiot
might come over the line and hit you head on. It really is scary out there at times.

I also feel so sorry for the family's of the victims and the victims themselves.

And, yes, I wonder about the other person in the vehicle too. How is s/he?

Very sad.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#26 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:20 PM

KOVR reported tonight that Michael Sharp was driving 100 mph.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#27 Fowler

Fowler

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:21 AM

KOVR reported tonight that Michael Sharp was driving 100 mph.

I could be mistaken, but I thought the news said the impact would be like traveling at 100 mph because of the speed each car was traveling in oncoming directions. 100mph seems pretty fast for DUI, I would think he would lose control long before he reached that speed.

#28 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:25 AM

I could be mistaken, but I thought the news said the impact would be like traveling at 100 mph because of the speed each car was traveling in oncoming directions. 100mph seems pretty fast for DUI, I would think he would lose control long before he reached that speed.

I heard what Deb heard on the news - 100 mph for Sharp's SUV vehicle. If the Saturn was traveling at 45 or 50, I would imagine that would significantly affect the reaction time available and is why those poor people didn't have a chance.

Plus, I'll let the experts on the forum argue this, but I've heard that adding the speeds together isn't how you get the force of the impact speed.

#29 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

Double the speed is four times the impact. Energy = 1/2 mass x velocity squared.

This is also relativistic, so you add the two speeds together (100mph and 50mph). A collision at 150mph would transfer 9 times as much energy as one at 50mph. They would come together at 220 feet per second. There is also a mass differential between the two vehicles which is significant.

None of this matters much. The only important thing is that two people are dead, and many more lives have been shattered. Tragedy.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#30 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

I heard what Deb heard on the news - 100 mph for Sharp's SUV vehicle.

Yes, that's exactly what the reporter said. Whether the reporter accurately reported what was said by the police is, I suppose, another matter -- the quality of journalism being what it is today.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users