#1 5hannon

5hannon

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:21 AM

I wanted to give La Placita kudos and give a good business a plug -

La Placita is a good and inexpensive Mexican restaurant, with a laid back and relaxed family atmosphere. The food is good, and not the typical chain-restaurant food and the quantities are more than expected. Chicken soft tacos, plus beans, chips and salsa are my favorites.

Overall, La Placita is a local neighborhood eatery, just on the other side the the bridge from Folsom (and well worth the short trip).

Try it, you'll like it!
5hannon

La Placita Mexican Restaurant
9272 Greenback Lane
Orangevale, CA 95662-4835
(916) 988-2940

MAP: La Placita

#2 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:25 AM

That place is great!

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#3 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:59 AM

I agree. La Placita is excellent!
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#4 Twize

Twize

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:21 AM

Great place! Chorizo Papas and Eggs is 1 of my favs there. smile.gif I did go there once where the Carnitas was a bit dry/over cooked, but that was only once. The many other times there Carnitas was very good. I'll let this one instance pass since 99% the food there is very good.

#5 gr82bscskc

gr82bscskc

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (5hannon @ Jul 11 2010, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wanted to give La Placita kudos and give a good business a plug -

La Placita is a good and inexpensive Mexican restaurant, with a laid back and relaxed family atmosphere. The food is good, and not the typical chain-restaurant food and the quantities are more than expected. Chicken soft tacos, plus beans, chips and salsa are my favorites.

Overall, La Placita is a local neighborhood eatery, just on the other side the the bridge from Folsom (and well worth the short trip).

Try it, you'll like it!
5hannon

La Placita Mexican Restaurant
9272 Greenback Lane
Orangevale, CA 95662-4835
(916) 988-2940

MAP: La Placita

Best machaca in Orangevale! They add jalepeno peppers if you ask for it spicy - adds just the right amount of punch!

#6 JKOV

JKOV

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:22 PM

La Placita is great. It's the only place we go for Mexican food anymore. Even though the location in Citrus Heights is a little bigger and newer, we prefer the Orangevale location.

#7 TippyPippi

TippyPippi

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:56 PM

We LOVE La Placita! We have been going there for years! We used to take the trip all the way from Cameron Park just for lunch or dinner! Now, we are moving down the street, and Im am sure it will be a once a week stop!

Everything on the menu is awsome! I love the Patrick Burrito and the Chili Relleno! and when I am on a diet I get the Chicken Tostada ;), the Chili Colorado is the best I have had in the Sacramento area! I am very picky with my mexican food... and this is hands down the best in the area! Kids under 3 are also free if they get the "baby plate" which is Beans, Rice and Chicken. My family of 3 can eat there for 15 bucks! Love it!

#8 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:20 PM

We LOVE La Placita! We have been going there for years! We used to take the trip all the way from Cameron Park just for lunch or dinner! Now, we are moving down the street, and Im am sure it will be a once a week stop!

Welcome to the neighborhood! We, too, are just around the corner from La Placita (in fact, we're the ones who introduced it to 5hannon) and it is Jesse's favorite restaurant. (My third, but my favorite Mexican.)

We don't go as often as we used to, given our circumstances, but we try to go as often as possible. In fact, Jesse's brother will be in town tomorrow and asked where we would like him to stop for dinner. I believe Jesse is going to have him stop at La Placita. Sounds like a plan to me!
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#9 Lee

Lee

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:51 PM

La Placita is our go-to restaurant! We have been eating there since the early '90s, and our kids still love to go there when they come home to visit. Favorite dinner combo is a beef taco and pork burrito...delish :-)

#10 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:44 AM

Lolita's is basically the same food also ( in VIC's market parking lot )

The owner used to be a waitress at La Placita.

#11 granto

granto

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:54 PM

Lolita's is basically the same food also ( in VIC's market parking lot )

The owner used to be a waitress at La Placita.

I believe Dolores had to sell Lolitas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users