4 replies to this topic

#1 zach5

zach5

Superstar

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 04:32 PM

Anyone have some more information for me? Like prices and other information?
Come Support Me This Year For Relay For Life!
http://www.acsevents.../ca/folsom/zach

#2 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 05:20 PM

Here's the link for all the info you could ever need for the Sacramento Jazz Jubilee:

http://www.sacjazz.com/

#3 billsfan

billsfan

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 10:04 PM

I was wondering how many people went to the Sacramento Jazz Jubilee this weekend. This is our second year going. We went 3 days and had a great time. We took our kids (3 1/2 and 11 months) Saturday & Sunday night (for twilight rate) at Cal Expo, and they really enjoyed all the bands. We like to go in the evening when it's cooler, put the kids in their pj's when we leave, and they fall asleep on our way home.

My wife took the kids on Monday morning to Old Sac, where there is a childrens theatre and various other venues. My son's highlight was playing a washboard on the stage. I'm surprised that their aren't more younger people attending. Yes there's lots of older Dixieland jazz bands, but also others types. We had the most fun see the Ophir Prison Marching Band - catch them if you can....

#4 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 12:22 PM

My wife and I went in to see "Fat Sam's Swing Band", they are from Scotland and one of the members is from a small town called Brechin, Scotland, where my wife is from. We listened to them and then had a 10/15 minute chat with the person from Brechin. My wife really enjoyed that.

They were very good.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#5 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 08:11 AM

We went for Sunday afternoon. We saw the Ophir Prison band, they were awesome.

That is such a great event. There ought to be more people my age attending, although I did see more young people about than in years past.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users