#16 northlexer

northlexer

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE(folsombound @ Aug 5 2008, 03:52 PM) View Post
The original post talked about "pocket knives" and then the poster started talking about something that looked like a "sword". There is a very big difference so I'm not at all sure what it is we are talking about here. Pocket knives don't have blades longer than maybe 3 1/2 inches or so. Beyond that we might be talking about hunting knives (4"-6"), then you get into Bowies and longer---but swords? wacko.gif

Well it was still a folding knife, unlike a hunting knife or bowie. I just said sword because it was probably the largest folding knife I have ever seen.

#17 northlexer

northlexer

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(john @ Aug 5 2008, 03:43 PM) View Post
I don't think we have a "gang" problem so much as a "bored white teenager who hates suburbia" problem with the graffiti, vandalism. I highly doubt they are going to knock over a liquor store or do a drive-by anytime soon. The kid with the knife probably got a hunting knife and has killed little more than a picnic bench with it. I'm not saying that's right, but I'm saying that's what bored teenagers with nothing to do end up doing. This is not a new problem.

The other day I saw a traffic copter who caught a high school skater knocking out sprinkler heads on video at their local skate park. Stupid kid is now in juvenile hall, parents will probably pay for the damages. The kid looked no different than any other high school kid in the suburbs.

Probably just comes down to proper parenting. Violent TV, movies and video games are part of our culture, like it or not. We can shelter them from it for only so wrong; we just need to teach them what's wrong and what's right. Obviously some of these kids were never taught the importance of respecting other's property. Let's hope it catches up to these guys.

Ok John

Im going to assume that you know nothing about gangs/ gang writtings, not because you are from Folsom or anything but just so that everyone is on the same page.

The graffiti was at the Thorndike park on the picnic benches. On one table it said "norte" which is spanish for "north" meaning he is/ is copying a northern mexican gang member, a.k.a. a norteno. Mexican gang members often pay tribute to the mexican mafia in both their graffiti and tattoos. The mexican mafia is known in spanish as "la eme" or "M" in english, which leads us to the second table. This table was tagged with "X3". X is the roman numeral for 10. 10+3=13 and the thirteenth letter of the alphabet is M. Im guessing we can at least rule out the "white" in "bored white teenager who hates suburbia" but I beleive we have to be a little more concerned and not turn the other cheak.

I would like to mention that I am not a gang expert or a law enforcement officer, I just know some stuff.

#18 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(northlexer @ Aug 5 2008, 08:22 PM) View Post
Ok John

Im going to assume that you know nothing about gangs/ gang writtings, not because you are from Folsom or anything but just so that everyone is on the same page.

The graffiti was at the Thorndike park on the picnic benches. On one table it said "norte" which is spanish for "north" meaning he is/ is copying a northern mexican gang member, a.k.a. a nortino. Mexican gang members often pay tribute to the mexican mafia in both their graffiti and tattoos. The mexican mafia is known in spanish as "la eme" or "M" in english, which leads us to the second table. This table was tagged with "X3". X is the roman numeral for 10. 10+3=13 and the thirteenth letter of the alphabet is M. Im guessing we can at least rule out the "white" in "bored white teenager who hates suburbia" but I beleive we have to be a little more concerned and not turn the other cheak.

I would like to mention that I am not a gang expert or a law enforcement officer, I just know some stuff.

...watched Gangland on History channel....
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#19 northlexer

northlexer

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Aug 5 2008, 08:30 PM) View Post

Yup. I love that show...but they dont show it anymore sad.gif

#20 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Aug 5 2008, 08:30 PM) View Post

haaaaaaaa!! Exactly! Silly OP. White Kids writing Norte on stuff is nothing NEW!! haaaha!

You are not a gang expert because you watched Gangland.

I agree with John 100%!!
<3

#21 northlexer

northlexer

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Aug 5 2008, 10:17 PM) View Post
haaaaaaaa!! Exactly! Silly OP. White Kids writing Norte on stuff is nothing NEW!! haaaha!

You are not a gang expert because you watched Gangland.
I agree with John 100%!!

Correct. That is why I specifically stated "I am not a gang expert" in the third paragraph.

#22 ngilbert

ngilbert

Rainbow Bridge Troll

• Premium Member
  • 5,368 posts
  • Interests:filling out questionaires

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE(Revolutionist @ Aug 5 2008, 03:28 PM) View Post
kids these days!

Now I know Tony like I know me and I guarantee you can count him in
In, out, let's get crackin'
Where you gonna find Bernardo?
He'll be running around screaming profanities and painting grafitti on the tiles tonight at Castle Park and maybe drinking a lot of Red Bull and shooting airsoft on the wetland trail!
But the Kids Play Park's neutral territory
I'm gonna make nice with him! I'm only gonna challenge him!
Great daddy-o.
"Here's the last toast of the evening: Here's to those who still believe. All the losers will be winners, all the givers will receive. Here's to trouble-free tomorrows, may your sorrows all be small. Here's to the losers: bless them all
Sinatra "Here's to the Losers"

#23 northlexer

northlexer

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

Hey ngilbert

I read that long, ridiculous thread about kids playing airsoft. I noticed you were in it. funny stuff...

#24 ngilbert

ngilbert

Rainbow Bridge Troll

• Premium Member
  • 5,368 posts
  • Interests:filling out questionaires

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE(northlexer @ Aug 6 2008, 12:47 PM) View Post
Hey ngilbert

I read that long, ridiculous thread about kids playing airsoft. I noticed you were in it. funny stuff...

Yeah - that was a long, long thread - I think those particular kids the original post was about are probably all married with kids by now, in fact.

ps: BTW, I've been neglectful in my duties as the My Folsom Lexington Hills Neighborhood sub-subforum leader/welcoming committee. We used to have the budget for gift baskets and balloons for new posters, but we blew it all on beer and paintball robots, so for now you'll just have to be content with me saying:

Welcome to MyFolsom northlexer!
"Here's the last toast of the evening: Here's to those who still believe. All the losers will be winners, all the givers will receive. Here's to trouble-free tomorrows, may your sorrows all be small. Here's to the losers: bless them all
Sinatra "Here's to the Losers"

#25 northlexer

northlexer

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE(ngilbert @ Aug 6 2008, 01:04 PM) View Post
Yeah - that was a long, long thread - I think those particular kids the original post was about are probably all married with kids by now, in fact.

ps: BTW, I've been neglectful in my duties as the My Folsom Lexington Hills Neighborhood sub-subforum leader/welcoming committee. We used to have the budget for gift baskets and balloons for new posters, but we blew it all on beer and paintball robots, so for now you'll just have to be content with me saying:

Welcome to MyFolsom northlexer!

LOL rofl.gif

Thank you very much.

#26 Coastal Cohort

Coastal Cohort

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE(northlexer @ Aug 5 2008, 08:22 PM) View Post

"I would like to mention that I am not a gang expert or a law enforcement officer, I just know some stuff."

Then you would know it's "Norteno" (with a little ~ over the n) tongue.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nortenos

#27 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE(northlexer @ Aug 5 2008, 04:06 PM) View Post
Well it was still a folding knife, unlike a hunting knife or bowie. I just said sword because it was probably the largest folding knife I have ever seen.

Was it a Balisong knife from the Philippines ?

I got a small one and a large one when I lived there...

BTW - i saw a young kid at TNM last week with a large sword in a sheath

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#28 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:25 PM

yeah, I'm in a gang. You can tell cuz I used the word "norte," which is Spanish for "north."

#29 Revolutionist

Revolutionist

Liposuction for the brain

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE(c_vanderveen @ Aug 6 2008, 03:25 PM) View Post

yeah, I'm in a gang. You can tell cuz I used the word "norte," which is Spanish for "north."

not to mention a highly stylized and fanciful "font", which testifies to your authenticity as a gangster.

Posted Image

#30 northlexer

northlexer

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE(folsom500 @ Aug 6 2008, 03:17 PM) View Post
Was it a Balisong knife from the Philippines ?

I got a small one and a large one when I lived there...

BTW - i saw a young kid at TNM last week with a large sword in a sheath

No it was not a balisong/ butterfly knife. It more ressembled a switchblade from the 50's...only it was very large. I would not go around publicly telling the citizens of Folsom that you have illegal weapons (which in California, is a balisong knife).

It is legal in California to OPENLY carry a fixed bladed knife/sword but if it is concealed it becomes illegal.

Also, pardon my new-ness, but what does TNM stand for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users