#1 ida

ida

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:42 AM

Hello:

Has anyone had water issues in their Elliot Home? We are looking to buy one that was built in 1990. We notice there is sign of water damage (from the upstaors master bathroom tub and/or shower) on the garage ceiling and laundry room ceiling. I am looking for any similiar experience so we may be able to determine the problem, and most importantly, the cost to repair. Yikes. Thank you for any information you can provide. Have a wonderful day.

#2 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:24 AM

Some of those Lexington homes were involved in lawsuits. Wouldn't a home inspector be able to track down the leak? I would have the inspector check the windows upstairs as well as the stucco. I know my dad had the same problem once in an upstairs bathroom. It only leaked after the bathtub was filled and it turned out the overflow drain wasn't connected properly.

Sorry this isn't the whole article, but I didn't want to sign up for membership just to copy the whole thing.

http://findarticles....11/ai_n22345802

Lawsuit over Northern California Homes' Construction Defects Settled.(Originated from The Sacramento Bee, Calif.)
Knight Ridder/Tribune Business News, November, 1997 by Slater, PamE-mail Print Link Content provided
in partnership with

Nov. 13--A second lawsuit over construction defects in homes built in a Folsom subdivision by the now-defunct Sunland Communities of Northern California Inc. has been settled out of court for $3.5 million.

The award will go to 41 families in the Lexington Hills subdivision who filed suit more than a year ago alleging shoddy workmanship and materials, failure to follow uniform building codes and other construction problems.

The agreement was finalized just before the case was to go to trial last month.

Related Results
Lawsuit over Northern California Homes' Construction Defects Settled.(Origina... The settlement is the second involving Sunland in the last three ...

#3 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:32 AM

Right, Ducky -- the homes involved in that lawsuit were Sunland Community homes, not Elliott Homes. Not sure if Elliott Homes have also been proven to have construction defects.

Are you getting an inspection? What do the sellers say about the water damage? What kind of damage are you seeing? Is it obvious it's a current/ongoing problem, or are you seeing staining from a prior leak?
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#4 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Aug 20 2008, 08:32 AM)  
Right, Ducky -- the homes involved in that lawsuit were Sunland Community homes, not Elliott Homes. Not sure if Elliott Homes have also been proven to have construction defects.

I did realize that. I was just posting for informational purposes so ida could check and make sure it was an Elliott home since there were other builders in the Lexington Hills area.

Are you getting an inspection? What do the sellers say about the water damage? What kind of damage are you seeing? Is it obvious it's a current/ongoing problem, or are you seeing staining from a prior leak?

#5 ida

ida

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:16 PM

[/quote]

It is a bank owned home. No prior owner to talk with.

#6 03Evan

03Evan

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE(ida @ Aug 20 2008, 05:16 PM)  
It is a bank owned home. No prior owner to talk with.

I know my parent's house off of sotuh lexington and duxbury had a pretty decent sized leak coming from the bathtub area, and anotehr coming from the rain gutters getting jammed and the water overflowing into the attic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users