Photo
- - - - -

Missing 3 Yr Old In Lexington Hills Tonite!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 NorCalGal

NorCalGal

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:34 PM

Anyone know what happened or if they found the missing 3 yr old boy? I heard the ploice calling out in the neighborhood behind mine in Lexington hills about a 3 yr old boy missing, describing him, and to come out to out yards to see if we could see him, Anyone have any updates? I hope they found him safely!

#2 Nancy

Nancy

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:42 PM

My husband heard the loudspeakers and they said that they found him.

As a mom, it's good to know that they will use the helicopter to come look for a child like that. The thought of a 3yo out on the bike trails at night with all of those wetlands and creeks... I don't even want to think about it. I'm just so glad they found him so quickly.

#3 NorCalGal

NorCalGal

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Nancy @ Jan 14 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My husband heard the loudspeakers and they said that they found him.

As a mom, it's good to know that they will use the helicopter to come look for a child like that. The thought of a 3yo out on the bike trails at night with all of those wetlands and creeks... I don't even want to think about it. I'm just so glad they found him so quickly.

I just moved here and am very inpmressed with how FPD handled the situation. Thanks for the update Nancy!

#4 NorCalGal

NorCalGal

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (mary @ Jan 14 2009, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just moved here and am very impressed with how FPD handled the situation. Thanks for the update Nancy!

Guess it scared me so much that I couldn't write words correctly in either post. Duh!! wacko.gif

#5 kaybird

kaybird

All Star

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (mary @ Jan 14 2009, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just moved here and am very inpmressed with how FPD handled the situation. Thanks for the update Nancy!

I've been in Folsom since 1997 and have continually been impressed by our police and fire departments.

I am in Lex Hills too. We heard the announcement from the helicopter about the missing child and my husband was just about to walk around the neighborhood to help look for the boy when he was found. It was so fast!

Good job, Folsom PD!!

#6 Coastal Cohort

Coastal Cohort

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:20 AM

We heard the copter's announcement and I went out looking for him - we live right by the bike trail and wetlands. I saw others out there looking as well. True, the PD is awesome, but I also can't believe how awesome the neighborhoold is as well and their reponse to this situation. I've said it beofre and I'll say it again - I love this town!! smile.gif

Anyone have the word on where they found him? Did he wander outside and get lost?

#7 pet lover

pet lover

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

I want to know how a three year old got out of the house by him or herself in the first place? Thankfully the child was found and unharmed!!!

#8 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:31 AM

that was some good work. I hope that with the folsom budget problems they will be able to keep their helicopter for emergencies like this

#9 NorCalGal

NorCalGal

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:59 PM

Anyone have the word on where they found him? Did he wander outside and get lost?
[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing. Anyone know?

#10 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:26 PM

Sorry, FPD doesn't have a helicopter. CHP and Sheriff do, but looks like with budget cuts, they'll either start charging FPD, which you know how that goes, or they will quit coming at all.

#11 irish1

irish1

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (MikeinFolsom @ Jan 16 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, FPD doesn't have a helicopter. CHP and Sheriff do, but looks like with budget cuts, they'll either start charging FPD, which you know how that goes, or they will quit coming at all.

Whenever FPD needs an airship on a call, they can request assistance from Sac. Sheriff, Sac.PD, Placer Sheriff or CHP. All of those agencies have helicopters that fly in shifts, and when they are up, they call in on our radio's to let us know they're available. If FPD gets in a situation where a chopper would be needed, most of the time they are just a call away.

Budget cuts or not, if there is an airship up in the region and they can help, they always come on station in a hurry..... I think they'll always be there for us, if we need them. They are great to have as a resource.

#12 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:15 AM

thanks for the scoop on the helicopter, it sure came in handy. maybee folsom could ask the developers to buy one for the city in return for tossing some zoning thier way, then we would't have to depend on others especially if ,cause of the economy, they might not come or would charge to come

on friday and saturday nights they could hover over the old town at bar closing time and help spot weaving partygoer cars and the revenu from captured drunks fines, could even pay for the gas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users