#16 banana

banana

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE(mylo @ Jun 6 2007, 06:04 AM) View Post
Yagers yuppy? Man, I havent been out in too long!

Yuppy hang out during the day, if you can manage to get any service which has been very poor lately. But you will want to avoid Yagers at night unless you're into gangs. It's seriously dangerous on Tuesday nights with all the fights, knives and guns.

#17 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:44 AM

yuppy snobs think it is cool sometimes to go to a biker bar type place as long as it is safe (which means its not a real biker bar)

the old purple place, like the folsom hotel is a colorful place to toss down a couple of cool ones

#18 bishmasterb

bishmasterb

MyFolsom Loser

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE(old soldier @ Jun 6 2007, 07:44 AM) View Post
yuppy snobs think it is cool sometimes to go to a biker bar type place as long as it is safe (which means its not a real biker bar)

Agreed. The perception of danger is fun; the reality of danger is not.

#19 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:45 AM

Danger or not, I just find the people are friendlier. The staff is usually more laid back, and the drinks are strong and cheap.

Same reasons I like the old Folsom Hotel
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#20 Al Waysrite

Al Waysrite

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE(MikeinFolsom @ Jun 5 2007, 08:11 PM) View Post
Well, they do have decent food, if you're into biker bar food??? That place is a DIVE. I'm not buying your "rosy" review.

The only bikers there are the types portrayed by the "Wild Hogs" in the movie of the same name.
The Purple Place is a friendly place to take the family for breakfast or a good place to eat after a day at the Lake or a round of Golf at Empire Ranch. I don't know if it's still $12 but that had a great deal on a steak sandwich meal.

#21 Barb J

Barb J

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:36 AM

There are definitely bikers that frequent the place, but the food is anything but! They have great salads and panini sandwiches (I've never seen a biker order a panini!)

I don't work for, or even know the owners of The Purple Place. My review was as a consumer who enjoyed the experience. I am always on the lookout for a new place to try and when I find a great place I like to let people know so they can try it and keep the business going! Nothing worse than a great restaurant closing due to lack of business!!!!

If you are looking for a great meal, try The Purple Place!

Barb

#22 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE(Barb J @ Jun 6 2007, 10:36 AM) View Post
There are definitely bikers that frequent the place, but the food is anything but! They have great salads and panini sandwiches (I've never seen a biker order a panini!)

Barb

Barb runs her own biker gang, so she should know!

lmaosmiley.gif
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#23 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE(banana @ Jun 6 2007, 06:25 AM) View Post
Yuppy hang out during the day, if you can manage to get any service which has been very poor lately. But you will want to avoid Yagers at night unless you're into gangs. It's seriously dangerous on Tuesday nights with all the fights, knives and guns.

what is happening down there that is so bad on Tuesday nights? Is yagers doing some sort of special promotional thing that's bringing trouble down there? I have heard the Folsom PD complaining about Tuesday nights on Sutter Street. What's up with that?
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#24 Barb J

Barb J

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE(Jolene @ Jun 6 2007, 11:31 AM) View Post
Barb runs her own biker gang, so she should know!

lmaosmiley.gif

Yeah, you just wish you could join smile.gif

B

#25 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE(banana @ Jun 6 2007, 07:25 AM) View Post

What? Yagers is one of our favorite family dinner places. Either you're seriously exaggerating something, or somehow we've just happened to not be there on a Tuesday. It's really a family-friendly place.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#26 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(Barb J @ Jun 6 2007, 12:05 PM) View Post
Yeah, you just wish you could join smile.gif

Biker snob!

#27 delongks

delongks

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:58 AM

Great food. They had a rocky start which is to be expected when you first take over a new place. The service is outstanding, The fresh made food is awesome, great burgers and salads, steaks for us carnivours. I encourage everyone to try this place out. The new owners have definetly cleaned this place up and they still have a touch of that ruggedness but without all the riff raff coming in. Live bands on the weekeneds. Folsom really needed a place like this!!!! Give it a try you will not be disappointed.

#28 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:07 AM

I still always thought the PURPLE PLACE was a gay-bar! hmmmm who knew? biggrin.gif
<3

#29 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:15 AM

We tried it out recently. It's nicely done, the food was good, the service great! Loved it!

#30 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:22 AM

OK, I'll check it out soon. A cold beer is a good beer, and vice versa. rolleyes.gif
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users