148 replies to this topic

#136 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:56 PM

Gun owner saves pregnant pizza driver from beating, robbery.  "Drop the gun or I'll drop you". :lol: Story below.  Nice job, sir!!

http://www.foxnews.c...ery-police.html

#137 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 04:46 PM

And now, for something completely different . . .            :laughcry:

(Lighter side: Sacha Baron Cohen punks the gun nuts.)         :lol:

Pretending to be a disabled veteran to throw shade on Republicans is repugnant.  He sucks.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#138 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:31 AM

Sheesh! Those Russians are all over the place!
Seems a Russian spy teamed up with the NRA!
How surprising! 
:lmao:

The Russian Spy Who Infiltrated the NRA Duped a Ton of Conservatives

:WEDGIE:

https://www.gq.com/s...a-conservatives

The FBI has arrested a 29-year-old Russian woman in the U.S. on charges of working as a Kremlin agent. According to the charges, Maria Butina has spent the past three years—going back to months before Donald Trump announced his run for the presidency—trying to build connections in the upper circle of the National Rifle Association as a way to covertly develop relationships with Russia and the Republican Party. It's the first time the Justice Department has claimed that a spy has deliberately tried to influence the 2016 presidential election, and aided by at least one American. As ABC News reports:

Maria Butina, the cofounder of the mysterious Russian gun-rights group called “Right to Bear Arms” who recently graduated with a master’s degree from American University, “took steps to develop relationships with American politicians in order to establish private, or as she called them, ‘back channel’ lines of communication,” according to an affidavit attached to a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Washington on Saturday.

“These lines could be used by the Russian Federation to penetrate the U.S. national decision-making apparatus to advance the agenda of the Russian Federation,” the affidavit reads, using Russia’s official country name.

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#139 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:07 PM

NRA in financial trouble!!??

NRA says it faces financial crisis, claims it might be 'unable to exist' in future: lawsuit

https://www.usatoday...xist/902918002/

March against the NRA in the works.

‘National March on the NRA’ rally planned for Saturday outside Washington

https://www.washingt...m=.aae858dd446b

#140 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:19 PM

Massive number of deaths from shootings in Chicago this week.

Intense background checks for gun owners could severely cut the death toll.

Whoops! NRA wouldn't have it!  Sad!

#141 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 04:20 AM

6 MILLION AND GROWING!!:  NRA Memberships soar past the 6 million mark.  Story below.  Man, I've lost count of all the Trump successes!!  Sorry, Libs... go have a nice cry.  Donate to the NRA today!!  Our 2A rights are at stake.

https://www.chickson...6-million-mark/

#142 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 11:27 AM

ARMED ROBBERS FLEE AFTER PHARMACIST PULLS GUN:  "As soon as they came in I was ready to shoot". Story below. Once again, a good guy with a gun saves lives! Donate to the NRA!! :cheer:

https://www.infowars...cist-pulls-gun/

#143 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 02:06 PM

You do realize that these shootings are primarily by gang members engaged in unlawful activity right?  They don't get background checks...duh.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#144 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 04:44 PM

Thanks Tio Vinny, that reminds me....   I have to do my 6 month cleaning and conditioning of all the guns in my safe..........  Wow, there goes a whole day of breathing Hoppes #9 and a lot of patches down the old barrel.............!  Good thing the safe is full and I can't buy more, no where to put them safely.   Oh well, first world, USA, 2A, God given freedom problem....   I'll deal with it.....  Gladly.....!  

Oh, and if you ever want to learn how to hit a small target at 500 meters, winds gusting from the south west at 5-10 mph, temperature messing with your scope at 83 deg. F, flies landing on your nose, your arm constantly, but you focus, breath out, regulate your heart beat, stay calm, focus, maintain the site picture, slow, steady, trigger pull, let the gun surprize you, and bam....!  Target down....!

Oh what a feeling that is....!

Oh, and I can do that with iron sights too with my 100 year old 1903 Springfield.....  Just not as often, eyes getting a little old.....   

Oh, and none of those Chicago thugs will show up on the gun check list, just saying.....!     They don't register them, they are criminals.  Funny you leftist gun grabbers never put 2 and 2 together on that one...?   I think most 8 year olds could figure that one out...!   Democrats....?  Not so much.  Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#145 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 09:27 PM

How many gangs of gun-toting outlaws do we have here in Folsom?
Why the need for an extensive arsenal?

One of my brothers is a good example.

He has $6,000 worth of arms in a safe in his house.
Meanwhile his car was assessed at $900 for trade-in value.

A break-in? Maybe 3 to 5 minutes to open the safe, prepare the gun.

Collapse of law and order?  You'd only be shooting other vigilantes.

I dunno . . . seems like a waste of good money to me.

#146 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:16 AM

98 PERCENT:  A study by John R. Lott Jr., a gun crimes researcher, said close to 98 percent of mass shootings happen in gun-free zones, suggesting that they do little to stop, and may even invite, rampages. Story below. Yes, it's obvious... unless you're talking to Libs.. they don't seem to do too well with the concepts of  *logic*  and *common sense*. Support the NRA!

https://www.washingt...-debate-settle/

#147 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:49 PM

A waste of good money to you? That's cool. I think having an oversized home is a waste of good money, or taking very expensive vacations is a waste of good money, or going into debt over Christmas is a waste of good money., or 200 dollar bottles of wine are a waste of good money. BUT, and here is the difference, I don't care what other people do with their money.

Heck, I have paid 50k + on auto insurance over the years and never had an accident. I could say that was a waste of good money... Whatever. You spend what you want on what you want and I won't care one bit....AS LONG AS you don't blow all your money on frivolous nonsense and then ask me (the taxpayer) to support you.

#148 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:06 PM

Joe, I put my 16 year old daughter on my insurance some 4 years ago, along with my two 20 something sons already there, and me and my wife, all pretty new and good cars..........   Insurance went from $450 a month to $1150 a month, just for adding her..........?   That was my "reward" for doing everything right in Ca.   Well I cancelled that insurance and got it back down to $500 a month (And "F" U Nationwide Insurance...!) after all those years of paying you a good premium for house and cars combined...!   Anyway, love the marketplace, choices and options, pro choice I am in regards to companies and economics.   Welcome  "The Hartford"..............    Chris 

1A - 2A = -1A

#149 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:06 PM

Yeah, both my adult children's insurance WITH good student and no violations is double what my wife or I pay.  Have to say my rates are pretty reasonable through State Farm, but i would shop them if they weren't the ONLY company that does not make me take an expensive  commercial policy for my truck even though I use it for more than commuting in a work capacity.

Like you said, I like choices that the free market provides.

As an aside, a buddy of mine just retired and bought the truck he always wanted...His registration? 864.00!  Good freaking grief! He is shopping property in Oregon where the equivalent registration is about 38.00. Again, marketplace economics...CA is chasing all the makers away...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users