laceykc

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:40 AM

http://www.ecosnippe...fting-movement/

I thought this story was interesting.

I have seen people picking cherries from the trees along Oak Avenue, but I am not actually sure if those are on private property or public. Anyone know?

#2 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:14 PM

I love the arrogance of some people. I think it's a good idea so I will ignore the law.  If you want to grow fruit trees, plant your own.

I remember sidewalks being inundated with rotting fruit in SoCAl. Slippery? Yes. Smelly? Yes

On the other side of the coin, many times I would catch people in my yard taking fruit off my trees as if it was theirs.Rarely, they would even grab fruit from the backyard as well! A friend of mine had about an acre of avocado trees in his front yard. The high speed chase of the thieving pickup truck loaded with hundreds of pounds of avocados made the front page of the news. Seriously, people have no respect for property rights anymore...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users