5 replies to this topic

#1 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:02 PM

I just happened upon Archer while surfing, and i have to say that I find it pretty amusing...
The genre is adult oriented animated series, and has Archer (incompetent spy) working for his mother, abusing his butler, sexing up whoever he can, and somehow being in the right place at the right time. The rest of the cast is full of caricatures, but not those you expect.

The kind of show you can put your mind in neutral on, and just roll with.

Maybe it was too many days of watching the old spy movies and shows (007, get smart, etc), in my youth, but I find myself looking forward to each episode.

Not for everyone, and definitely not for kids... more the kind of show that makes you say, "Did they really just say/do that?"

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#2 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:43 PM

Now entering its 7th season on March 31, Archer continues to be one of my guilty pleasures. Full of innuendo and over the top characters, you never know what direction the plot will take. You do know however that the dialogue will continue to drive the show. The more you get to know the characters, the better it gets.  My college age kids love Archer, and I guess it must be the kid in me that enjoys it as well. So kudos to the writers and crew of Archer and congratulations on 6 years of laughs and catching me off guard.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#3 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:06 PM

"....must be the kid in me"

....PHRASING!!!

Seriously. ...Archer is absolutely amazing. My question is how will they replace Woodhouse this season....or will they do anything to honor his memory (or that of George Coe)?

#4 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:18 AM

But think of all the sub plots there could be if Woodhouse was replaced by a black butler that kept getting the best of Archer. Perhaps one of Mallory's old lovers? One that would constantly put the moves on Lana?  Or maybe Pam could win an indentured Yakuza in a drift race who constantly tries to kill Archer (think Kato in the original Pink Panther). Or maybe Carol/Cheryl could find some servants she didn't even know she had and find one of her bizarre reasons for hating one of them enough to give to Archer. Maybe Cyril gets kicked out of his apartment and down on his luck, offers to take care of Archer's house in return for lodging.  The mind boggles at the plot possibilities...

#5 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:32 AM

Archer will have them all eating spiderwebs

#6 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:36 PM

What about a long lost son of Woodhouse who Archer meets at the funeral, who looks disturbingly similar to Archer... or Krieger could make Archer a robot butler that looks real, and Archer could lose his mind many episodes later when he found out that his best butler ever was actually a dreaded robot.  I missed my calling as creative director for adult cartoon televised series...lol

I can't wait for the new season

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users