3 replies to this topic

#1 Toadster

Toadster

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 02:38 PM

Hi Everyone (yes, even you outsiders of Lexington Hills)

Let's get this party started!!!

What makes you proud to live here?
Why did you pick Lex Hills over other areas of Folsom? (or anywhere else)?
If you leave the area, what would you miss the most?

#2 ngilbert

ngilbert

Rainbow Bridge Troll

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,368 posts
  • Interests:filling out questionaires

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE(Toadster @ Sep 14 2008, 03:38 PM) View Post
Hi Everyone (yes, even you outsiders of Lexington Hills)

Let's get this party started!!!

What makes you proud to live here?
Why did you pick Lex Hills over other areas of Folsom? (or anywhere else)?
If you leave the area, what would you miss the most?

Woo hoo! Party!

Folsom in general we went with because, with me being from Carmichael, it was far enough away that family would have to call to make sure we were home before dropping in, or the trip would not have been worth it smile.gif

We picked LH because it was a slightly older neighborhood than other places we looked, so the trees were more mature and the yards were larger than other areas we looked at and we fell in love with all the parks nearby. We did look at Natoma Station but every house for sale there at the time was within listening distance of the freeway.

We also looked at EDH which was a *tad* too remote and some of them (Serrano specifically) had scary Neighborhood Associations (yes, I actually do enjoy mowing my own lawn and planting my own plants. It gives me satisfaction. Sorry).

I'm not sure what I would miss most. I lucked out with great neighbors and all my kids' friends living close by, so I guess I'd miss the sense of community we've built up here.
"Here's the last toast of the evening: Here's to those who still believe. All the losers will be winners, all the givers will receive. Here's to trouble-free tomorrows, may your sorrows all be small. Here's to the losers: bless them all
Sinatra "Here's to the Losers"

#3 Coastal Cohort

Coastal Cohort

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 08:55 AM

I also was attracted to the mature trees. When I saw all the redwoods I fell in love. In fact my husband and I spent 1 year looking for the perfect neighborhood, and we decided it was going to be in Lex Hills or forget it. noyoudint.gif

We just didn't like anything else. The lots are big here, the houses are well-tended and folks seem to care about their yards.

We moved here in May and have felt so comfortable here.

We love the bike trail, the quiet neighborhood and yes, even the skunks and racoons! biggrin.gif

We don't have kids so I can't speak for the schools, but I hear they are great. Hopefully in a few years we'll get to find out! smile.gif

#4 Toadster

Toadster

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:25 PM

good responses! I just realized that I didn't even put my own answers!

What makes you proud to live here? We moved here in '95 when Folsom was referred to as a "slow growth community"... although it's been growing like crazy. Folsom is great because we're in the middle of everything... Tahoe, Napa, Bay Area, etc...

Why did you pick Lex Hills over other areas of Folsom? (or anywhere else)? I used to live in Cimmarron/Briggs Ranch area, then moved to Cameron Park for about 5 years, and now we're back to Folsom. We liked Lexington Hills because of the large lots, mature trees, excellent schools and all the stuff to do; like parks, bike trails, skate parks, etc... Plus I'm only 4 miles to work, when it used to be HWY50 and 9-11 miles...

If you leave the area, what would you miss the most? I think I'd miss having so much around me, having so many places to go, things to see - but mostly the people. Folsom has a great history and most people I've met around here (Lex Hills) have been EXTREMELY nice and willing to chat, etc... It's a great community!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users