• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 caligirl

caligirl

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:44 PM

When the city was putting in the new water meters, one of the workers seems to have unearthed a cell phone in my yard. Thinking it belonged to my family, it was placed on my porch. I charged the phone, but the keypad isn't working so I have no way to figure out a phone number or dig into the owner's phone book. Send me a message with a description of the phone if you think it might be yours!

#2 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:18 PM

Does it have a SIM card? Can you try it in another phone, you might be able to find out who it belongs to.

#3 caligirl

caligirl

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:23 PM

Will that work if they're Verizon and I'm AT&T?

QUOTE (chris v @ Feb 13 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does it have a SIM card? Can you try it in another phone, you might be able to find out who it belongs to.

#4 FolsomResident2002

FolsomResident2002

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:25 PM

You could take it to a Verizon dealer. My guess is the person who lost the phone has probably got a new one by now. Kuddos to you for trying to find the owner! smile.gif
QUOTE (caligirl @ Feb 13 2009, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will that work if they're Verizon and I'm AT&T?

#5 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (caligirl @ Feb 13 2009, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When the city was putting in the new water meters, one of the workers seems to have unearthed a cell phone in my yard. Thinking it belonged to my family, it was placed on my porch. I charged the phone, but the keypad isn't working so I have no way to figure out a phone number or dig into the owner's phone book. Send me a message with a description of the phone if you think it might be yours!

If the keypad isn't working, odds are the phone is un-salvageble at this point. You say, unearhted, if it was indeed buried, then I would say it's long since been disconnected, etc.

We found a cell phone in our yard once, and calling "dad" located the owner. Since you tried to see if you could do that and were unable, i would just toss it in the trash, if you want to be sure it isn't found and used nefariously, give it whack with a sledge hammer before chucking it. Oh, pull the battery and discard it with other rechargeables via the City's hazardous waste program.
I would rather be Backpacking

#6 SandPebble

SandPebble

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

You could recycle the phone at the following ewaste drive thru recycling and it close by. This is from Fox40 news online
SandPebble

Free Electronic Waste Drive-Through Dropoff Fundraiser!

Free Electronic Waste Drop off Fundraiser, Participants won’t even have to get out of their car. Pop the trunk or open the door and we will unload for you.

To benefit local elementary school’s site improvement plan to obtain new state history books and buy new play ground equipment.

Oak Chan Elementary School: 101 Prewett Drive, Folsom, CA 95630
Saturday, February 21st from 9am to 1pm
Free Drive through Drop off

For more information, call (916) 388-1777 or visit www.cearinc.com/news.htm

Sponsored by CEAR, INC , California Electronic Asset Recovery a California state approved electronic waste collector and recycler. www.cearinc.com

We will accept: monitors, televisions, desktop and notebook PCs, VCRs, stereo equipment, speakers, keyboards, mice, PDAs, digital cameras, zip drives, telephones, cell phones, printers, copiers, laser and multifunction scanners and fax machines.

We will not accept: Household Appliances (i.e. refrigerators, washers, dryers etc.)Furniture, Hazardous Household Waste, including: paint, pesticides, used oil, cleaning supplies, fluorescent light bulbs, tires etc.

For optimal security, CEAR INC shreds all computer hard drives. The secure facility is monitored 24/7 by surveillance cameras.

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Feb 14 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the keypad isn't working, odds are the phone is un-salvageble at this point. You say, unearhted, if it was indeed buried, then I would say it's long since been disconnected, etc.

We found a cell phone in our yard once, and calling "dad" located the owner. Since you tried to see if you could do that and were unable, i would just toss it in the trash, if you want to be sure it isn't found and used nefariously, give it whack with a sledge hammer before chucking it. Oh, pull the battery and discard it with other rechargeables via the City's hazardous waste program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users