24 replies to this topic

#16 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

A week ago I caught a couple trying to get into my mail box. They drove up right to my box and opened it. They didnt see me because of the angle of the brush on the property as I walked down the driveway. I scared the s---ake outta them. They drove off. 

They were a upper middle aged couple in a white mini van. The man looked to be in his late 40's early 50s with dark hair. The woman was at least 10 years older with dark gray hair. Both were caucasion. 

The lady at first tried to be condescending by saying hi sweetie, we are just lost. I told her to get her hands out of the mail box and get the F... out of here. The man was driving and he took off, pretty fast.

They alerted me because I was arriving home at 0530 (morning). I saw them sitting on a curve of the road not near a house. It made me suspicious. I drove into the driveway and parked the car then walked back down the driveway to close my gates. That's when I saw them drive up. They went into the neighbors box first. I called the postal carrier and they seemed completely uninterested.

So I told the neighbors around me. This is not the first time in the last few months that we have been having issues with mail boxes being destroyed or rifled through or mail just not (arriving). 

Call cops? License plate?

#17 FolsomEJ

FolsomEJ

All Star

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

Golden Lasso?

#18 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:53 AM

Call cops? License plate?

Nope. Cops won't do anything. They will tell you to call the USPS and inform the Postmaster. Which is what I did. It is a federal issue and will be handled by investigators of the postal service.

#19 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:13 AM

Nope. Cops won't do anything. They will tell you to call the USPS and inform the Postmaster. Which is what I did. It is a federal issue and will be handled by investigators of the postal service.

That doesn't sound right.  I mean, if a bank is being robbed the PD shows up.  They don't tell you to call the FBI instead.

#20 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:58 AM

That doesn't sound right.  I mean, if a bank is being robbed the PD shows up.  They don't tell you to call the FBI instead.

Exactly. I find it hard to believe they'd blow you off for reporting this. Cops have mailboxes too right?

#21 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

it is still vandalism.  however maybe destruction of federal property and tampering with mail is out of their jurisdiction. 

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#22 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:50 AM

it is still vandalism.  however maybe destruction of federal property and tampering with mail is out of their jurisdiction. 

So people are free to wreck mailboxes and steal mail until the Postmaster General shows up?

#23 Howdy

Howdy

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

More than just mailbox theft. How about the recent break in around midnight in the Briggs Ranch neighborhood. Somebody picked the lock at the front door and walked in with the residents at home. The man was asleep on the couch and awoke from the guy getting in the front door. The resident getting up and stumbling around in the dark made the burglar grab a couple back packs by the front door and leave. Jumped in his car parked close by and took off. 

#24 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

All I know is that South American Canyon area has been getting hit. Someone a street over was talking to me about it. When the 1st incident at my house happened, th epd advised me to call the post master at the local post office. I mailed him a letter with all the mail from granite bay. I got no reply. The second incident I called and told him what happened and there seemed to be an air of disinterest. 

So yeah, the mail thieves are running amok unrestrained. And considering how bold they are getting; I wouldn't be surprised if someone gets hurt pretty soon.

#25 B&G

B&G

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

Law Enforcement should have been notified.  Folsom PD would have been on this and maybe caught these pukes.  Ours on Duncan way was hit twice and PD responded both times after I called.  You should have given them the suspect info. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Robbery, Folsom, mail

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users