2 replies to this topic

#1 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:23 PM

As most of you know, I volunteer as a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) for a youth in the foster care system. CASAs advocate for the best interests of foster youth in family court, serving as the voice of the youths we serve. With social workers who have heavy caseloads and frequent changes in placements, CASAs are often the only consistent adults in the lives of foster children.

Although we volunteer our time, it costs $1,500 to train and supervise one CASA per year. Most of the operational costs for the CASA program come from donations.

Sacramento CASA is holding its 22nd annual crab feed/auction on January 17, 2015 to help raise funds for the program. I am helping to solicit donations that can be used for the live auction, silent auction, and prize drawings. If you can make a donation, please PM me.

Ideas for donations:

Gift cards to local restaurants and stores

Tickets to sporting events

Tickets to local theater productions

Stays at vacation/time share homes

Merchandise from local merchants

Gift certificate for services (hair cuts, massages, house cleaning, manicures/pedicures, training and workout sessions, etc.)

Re-gift a brand new item you can't use. :)

Items for home and garden

Gift baskets of goodies (CASA will put the items together in baskets if you can't)

Kitchen gadgets

Wine

Thank you in advance for considering this request!

If you're interested in attending the crab feed, you can get further information here: http://sacramentocasa.org/donate/

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#2 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:26 AM

Holy crab

spend less on the food and get more people in the door doing the bidding

#3 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:21 AM

Holy crab

spend less on the food and get more people in the door doing the bidding

They sell out every year with around 525 people attending..... and those folks bid. :)

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users