10 replies to this topic

#1 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:38 PM

Hey everyone,
I am getting super close to launching the next release of MyFolsom.com.

It's not ready yet but we are getting close. Feel free to check it out - and please help me with bugs! There are lots of broken links and I need help finding them. I am also tinkering with things.

I will include a "New Posts" link on there - what else is it missing?

There are a few other additions I will be including too.

http://www.tomato.osiriscomm.com

The most notable difference? It's SMARTPHONE FRIENDLY! Yay!

#2 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:09 PM

We don't like change. I haven't checked the link, but I'm sure we hate it. :P
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#3 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:43 PM

LOL -
I am trying to make the change minimal. If some of you say "what changed", in my mind that is a good thing. However I consider it a bit of an investment, as investment was needed to make this site work well on smart phones. I believe this will get us there.

There are other incremental changes as well like a photo blog and real estate blog. Those of you interested in doing more food reviews can do that to a wider audience as well now too - I just need to give you access to the blog and you are on your way.

#4 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:36 PM

Hey folks I would love some feedback. I expect to push this thing live soon but I really want to know what you guys want from it to make sure we're not missing anything. At this point I am just fixing broken links and re-publishing old content. However if I am missing significant things let me know.

#5 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:05 AM

Those of you interested in doing more food reviews can do that to a wider audience as well now too - I just need to give you access to the blog and you are on your way.

That sounds great, I'm very interested in that. Set me up with access when you can and I'll transfer some reviews from my other site

The new site looks good, it seems to load a lot faster then the previous version. I like the tabs on the home page

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#6 DustyDog

DustyDog

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:12 PM

It looks good to me. But on the front page there is section marked "topics" and another labled "discussions" they seem very similar. Also do should the tags be labeled Folsom everything? (Folsom Police, Folsom High, Folsom Fire, Folsom Library, etc). It seems redundant since this is MyFolsom. But these are minor. I am looking forward to see the finished product.
<i></i>There is only one thing that man should take seriously, and that is nothing should be taken too seriously. -Samuel Butler

#7 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:51 PM

that's a good point - one is all forums, one is just the folsom forum... I should fix the wording though.
Tags have been there for some time. They are labeled that for SEO purposes.

#8 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:21 PM

I am making some cosmetic changes to some things in preparation for the re-launch... which includes navigation. I am hoping it's change for the better - please let me know if there are things you miss.

#9 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:32 AM

Did you go live with the changes ? Missing all the navigation at the top including 'todays' posts and also the TOP button...

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#10 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:51 AM

"New Posts" is on the black bar. I am trying to hack the "view new content" in the upper right to do the sdame thing and remove from the black bar.
I removed the shortcuts to the other cities. I have found most everyone is using it just for Folsom, so I will focus on serving just Folsom. It also frees up some space up top. My goal is to make things easier through simplifying...

I keep losing the "top" button - I must have done that a few weeks ago. It's a customization that gets hosed when I change things sometimes. Thank you for the reminder!

I also finally got the gray background back. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner!

#11 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:19 PM

"New Posts" is on the black bar. I am trying to hack the "view new content" in the upper right to do the sdame thing and remove from the black bar.

Thank you! I just found the missing "new posts" tonight....I misplaced them for 2 days :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users