10 replies to this topic

#1 Folsom Phillip

Folsom Phillip

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 10:03 PM

Is it me or is this Pledge of Allegiance thing the most disgusting thing you have ever head? What I'd do to this jackass that filed this lawsuit. Get this... the moron who filed it doesn't even have legal custody of his child. Obviously, he's such a lunatic the courts won't even trust him with his own children. This is such a tragedy - I cannot believe what this world is coming to!!! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Go Kings!

#2 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 06:49 AM

I am as mad as you are about this.

I think this guy is just bored and has nothing else to do with his life......

mad.gif mad.gif

#3 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 10:54 AM

If this goes to the Supreme Court and loses, I don't know.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#4 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 10:55 AM

In God we trust will be the next thing he will want to be taken
off the coinage.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#5 jobu

jobu

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 10:59 AM

I agree - if this thing still Supreme Court, some yahoo is going to decide money is all of a sudden offensive.

It really is quite disturbing. It's all about what this nation was founded on - we're all of a sudden ripping our very heritage away for the sake of being politically correct. dry.gif

#6 OctoberLily

OctoberLily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Interests:My interests vary. However, they focus mainly on my husband and children. Getting my boys through college and creating a good life for themselves. I enjoy anything creative, artistic and thought provoking. Music ranges from Andrea Boccelli to some hiphop groups. I enjoy dancing, singing and life in general. Former U.S. Marine - pretty conservative in my opinions but always open to listening to what others have to say.

Posted 05 March 2003 - 11:56 AM

My understanding of the guy who filed this lawsuit on "behalf of his daughter" lives in Greenhaven, South Sacramento. His daughter and her mom live in Elk Grove. Original news stories stated the mother of his daughter is Christian and is raising his daughter as a Christian. He is an atheist. Apparently, he got screwed in Family Court and is trying to change the way the family court system treats non-custodial fathers. Well, in the midst of his battle with the family court system, he decided to "protect his daughter's rights" because he is an atheist and doesn't believe that his daughter should be "forced" to say the pledge of allegiance that has God in any of the statements in a Public School. This is not the first lawsuit he has filed based on these issues.

My personal opinion of the reasons he filed this lawsuit on the premise of protecting his daughter are as follows:

(1) To get back at his daughter's mother who is raising her daughter as a Christian.

(2) To get back at the Court System to show how idiotic they can be.

(3) To get his 15 minutes of fame albeit fames opens him up to personal threats on his life after filing the lawsuit that enraged the majority of the citizens in the United States. [And] made his daughter's life miserable because some of the parents of the children in her school told them **not** to play with her. {He even opened the doors to threats on his daughter. Whereby she had to go into hiding for a while until the news of her father's complaint died down.}

(4) Once he is "famous" for his lawsuit against the word God in schools, he will then attempt to file another lawsuit against the Family Courts for biases against Non-custodial Fathers and "try" to change the court system.

Frankly, he should have left his daughter to live her life at peace and without controversy. However, he used her as a stepping stone to get back at the people and system he has a problem with.

WHAT ABOUT ***OUR RIGHTS*** TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH TO SAY THE PLEDGE AS IT WAS WRITTEN?

WHAT ABOUT **OUR RIGHTS** TO HAVE GOD IN OUR DAILY LIVES AND TO SAY HIS NAME WHENEVER AND WHEREVER WE LIKE?

If this law is passed, we are going a step in the wrong direction.

If you are interested in reading his complaint, you can find a copy of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals Complaint in the link below:

Michael Newdow's Complaint

If you are interested in reading an article about the mother of his daughter claim that his daughter is not an atheist, go to the link below:

StatementofMother

"The only thing we can take with us from this life is the good that we have done to others."

"Our strength will be found in our charity." [Betty J. Eadie]

"Being a mom is the most rewarding job I have ever had!"

"SEMPER FIDELIS! USMC"

#7 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 12:46 PM

this guy's a clown. I think he's more interested in the media exposure than the personal well-being of his daughter. Who would want to be known as the girl who had the Pledge of Allegiance taken away??? Just think of how this is going to haunt her for the rest of her life, and she's not even an athiest!!!

#8 NRB

NRB

Superstar

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Interests:Secretary, FIDO Inc. (Folsom Independent Dog Owners) dedicated to bringing a dog park to Folsom and promoting responsible dog ownership. www.fidoinc.org <br /><br />Secretary, Friends of Folsom Parkways

Posted 05 March 2003 - 01:33 PM

Before reading the rest of my reply let me state that I like the Pledge of Allegiance and my family and I will continue to say it no matter what the Supreme Court rules. We also believe in God. With that said, I feel that it is important to share that the pledge was not written with "under God" in it. That phrase was added in the 50's by, I believe, the President of the United States. My parents learned the pledge without it as did some of you (or your parents). The lawsuit shouldn't have been about whether or not we say the pledge but whether or not we continue to include "under God". As far as I am concerned, leave it as is and let each individual choose for themselves if they wish to say it as is, without "under God" or not at all! Afterall, this is a free country and as long as we are not forcing anyone to say it, it shouldn't even be an issue!

Want a dog park in Folsom?
Go to www.FIDO Inc.org

#9 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 02:17 PM

I learned the pledge without "Under God" in it. I changed and added it
when it was added.

I agree, if you are saying the pledge and don't want to say "Under God", just
don't say those two words.

#10 OctoberLily

OctoberLily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Interests:My interests vary. However, they focus mainly on my husband and children. Getting my boys through college and creating a good life for themselves. I enjoy anything creative, artistic and thought provoking. Music ranges from Andrea Boccelli to some hiphop groups. I enjoy dancing, singing and life in general. Former U.S. Marine - pretty conservative in my opinions but always open to listening to what others have to say.

Posted 06 March 2003 - 08:45 AM

Imagine our nation as a Godless nation.

It would be like tearing out the foundation and beams of a house and hoping that the house would continue to stand on it's own. If an earthquake were to hit, that house would fall like a ton of bricks because there was nothing helping to hold it up and support it.

The word "God" is referenced as a deity or Holy being. It wasn't specific on religion.

I don't see any damages in using the word God in public. If anything, God (in any religion) offers nothing but good things to the public. Hope, Love, Comfort and Support.
"The only thing we can take with us from this life is the good that we have done to others."

"Our strength will be found in our charity." [Betty J. Eadie]

"Being a mom is the most rewarding job I have ever had!"

"SEMPER FIDELIS! USMC"

#11 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 09:02 AM

[QUOTE=OctoberLily,Mar 6 2003, 08:45 AM]Amen to that, OctoberLily.

God, morality, culture, and family are the foundation of a country. Without the foundation the house will fall soon or later; especially in times of crisis.

I for one will not raise my kids without God. (Yes I am a Christian)

A good example would be Japan. It’s a major democratic and economic power for almost one hundred years but still keeps its foundation values. It has faced some economic crisis for the last ten years and there is no surge in crimes. No degradation of social structures and value. We can’t say the same here. I am giving just one example.

This country need to learn something from a country like Japan.

In this country, for political correctness we take ALL things and turn them up side down. Crazy, sickening. I believe the country will pay for it in the long term.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users