#16 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:03 PM

Yes... you do need to say more....much more.

OK . . . Only because you asked for it.

You're a good person, Slow. Your passion for justice is admirable.

I know, if a dog slipped into the river or a chick fell out of its nest you would extend a helping hand and save the unfortunate animal.

Surely, in the depths of your heart you can understand that separating children from their parents is a violation

of what educated people call the Social Contract. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Social_Contract )

Jean-Jacques Rousseau's treatise publish in 1762 argues that you give up certain "rights" to live in a civilized society.
You give up the right to kill your neighbor or burn his house down.

This civilized behavior is the backbone of modern society; it's what separates us from the caveman.

People who do not agree with this principle might be better served if they lived in jungle or up in a tree.

They do not deserve to be leading a nation or dictating immigration policy.

Now, despite your putting words into my mouth, I am not an advocate of open borders.
I just find it reprehensible to torture families as we now see occurring on the border.

There are humane ways to handle hordes of illegal immigrants, including quick adjudication and

speedy deportation.

Hopefully, you will welcome the opportunity to see yourself as an upright citizen,

holding you head up high and having strong faith in your principles.

Can you honestly say that you, personally, would grab that child from it's mothers

arms and put it into a cage? And is asking someone else to do it FOR you any better?

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#17 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:25 PM

That was as close to a lucid reply as I've seen from you Vinny.

I'll try to boil all your ideas/questions/concerns into one simple solution:

You say that there should be "humane ways to handle hordes of illegal immigrants, including quick adjudication and speedy deportation".

There is. It's to stop the problem before it happens. Build a wall...or fence..or other non porous barrier... whatever you want to call it.... that will keep illegals in Mexico.

I appreciate that you recognize that they are (1) illegal and (2) they need to be deported. We can both agree it'd be better if they didn't try to cross the border illegally at all. Catch and release we use today only encourages them to try. If we had a serious barrier, less would try.

If I leave my car unlocked and the windows down, I can't be surprised when my stuff goes missing. Windows up, door locked, alarm on, club on steering wheel... and the chances of my stuff going missing drops dramatically. Most crooks won't try and will walk on by.

#18 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:38 PM

Tio Vinny, do you realize that probably half those kids are not the kids of the adult they are traveling with.....!   Often they are borrowed, used, and recycled back to Mexico by the cartels for another trip...!  Some of them will be sold to the sex trade, some will be dropped off with pedophiles for money, some will be put to work is some shady business, slaves....!   The PICTURE IN YOUR HEAD is not the truth.....!   Study this subject more any you will learn.  And by the way, those cages were built under Obummer and Bush, the rules were made under Obummer.....   But then again I did not see you complain then....?   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#19 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:36 AM

<<  Aroma of beans wafting up from the fracking sites . . .  >>

:wacko:

#20 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:42 AM

How about that wall Vinny? I laid out a cognizant reply to your post...even complimented you on yours.... and nothing?

Was my answer to your post too logical? I can try and be less intelligent if that helps....

#21 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:45 AM

As Slow and Chris point out, this is a vastly more complex problem than will fit on a bumper sticker - - - no easy solution.

First:

The overwhelming majority of illegals entering the country come here via bus, plane and auto using a visa

card and then simply overstay their visa limit. No Trillion-Dollar wall will stop that.  :headbang:

(Money not well spent!)

Rather, more agents and judges at the ports of entry would be wiser.

Second:

In addition to what Chis says about pawn children, there are, in fact, many poor families

(who cannot afford the visa card route) who come out of desperation from violence.
There should be at least some form of protection for them, not necessarily living in the US.

Maybe the US could establish Safe Zones in the Middle-American states that are ruled by drug cartels.

Of course, Trump, in his stellar style, decides instead to cut aid to these countries.

Third:

A major source of the dysfunction is due to drug cartels.

They sell to AMERICANS! There is a huge demand for cocaine, heroin, pot, and other drugs.

So, indirectly, we support the drug lords that terrorize their own citizens.

Tell me then, who is without sin in this scenario?          :huh:

#22 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:23 AM

I don't see any argument against building a wall.

The tens of thousands crossing the border illegally these last few months are not coming over in a bus.

Are you conveniently ignoring them Vinny? These are the majority of the families being separated.

I thought you might be showing an inkling of sanity there for a minute. I was wrong.

"Crazy Uncle Vinny" will have to do

#23 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:36 PM

You do realize that those seeking "asylum" were offered it in Mexico right? They turned it down.  It's like the supposedly battered woman ignoring a shelter, because she wants something better...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#24 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:12 PM

<<  Aroma of beans wafting up from the fracking sites . . .  >>

:wacko:

I think we have been "fracking" since 1947 or so....?   Was never an issue until the dem-progs-climate-clowns and their MSM water carriers decided it was.........?  Weird...?   But what do I know, I am just a lowly Geologist with a bachelors degree....   And some 34 years ago...........  And have worked in the lab, doing science, ever since then......  Yep, I know nothing....!   Or in the famous words of Sgt. Shultz..........   I see nothing....!   Carry on....   Chris

I-see-Nothing-Sergean-Schultz-Hogans-Her

1A - 2A = -1A

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users