30 replies to this topic

#1 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:35 PM

We used to use Grant's Ant Stakes for many, many years with very good results. Then they seemed to stop working for us.

So we switched to Taro Ant Bait, which worked well for us for many, many years.....until this year. Fortunately, the ants haven't come in....yet....but the trails around the house have been hard to control. They just weren't going for the bait.

So I made home made bait (recipe found online), and they didn't go for that either.

Now they're digging holes in the sand between the bricks on the back patio, so we assume there are nests under there.

Any ideas on how to get rid of these buggers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#2 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:38 PM

Call Clark Pest Control. We have been using them for years.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#3 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:41 PM

Call Clark Pest Control. We have been using them for years.

I don't want pesticides sprayed here on an ongoing basis. I'm trying to figure out how to do this ourselves...as we've been able to do for decades. I'm not sure what's going on this year.....very odd.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#4 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:51 PM

Have you tried diatomaceous earth?  There is one called Safer Ant something or other for about 5 bucks at Home Depot.

#5 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:00 PM

Have you tried diatomaceous earth?  There is one called Safer Ant something or other for about 5 bucks at Home Depot.

Not yet. I just sprinkled corn meal on the ant hills and put out a bottle on its side with Cream of Wheat meal. Supposedly (dare I hold my breath?) they'll eat those grains and the grains will swell in their little ant tummies.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#6 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:22 PM

Golden Bear Pest Control here in Folsom can do a one time treatment for you. Just a thought.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#7 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:56 PM

Not yet. I just sprinkled corn meal on the ant hills and put out a bottle on its side with Cream of Wheat meal. Supposedly (dare I hold my breath?) they'll eat those grains and the grains will swell in their little ant tummies.

You can sprinkle baby powder/chalk down their holes, and a perimeter around your house. It scratches their exoskeleton and they dehydrate and it also removes scent trails. You can also spray windex on the ants you see and it will kill them.

#8 (donaldgreen)

(donaldgreen)
  • Visitors

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:54 AM

Well ducky , I think the sweetness in plants is the reason for ants getting attracted to the plumerias. Diatomaceous earth would work for destroying ants, but only for a temporary period. A few days ago I was also facing the problem with rats in my garden and inside my house but, with rats destroying to my household things, one of my friends suggested me to take helpful hints from Professional Exterminator. Likewise, You can also try out contacting some Professional Ant Exterminator for some permanent solution over ant problem.

#9 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:49 AM

Thank you random poster for responding to this old post with a random link (haven't actually looked at it).  I don't have plumerias and wasn't the one with the ant problem and don't like using poisons in my yard unless absolutely necessary.  If it's something I couldn't handle I would call someone local like Golden Bear mentioned above.

And, for gosh sakes, can you all keep the political pissing contest over in the politics section, please!

#10 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:29 PM

Thank you random poster for responding to this old post with a random link (haven't actually looked at it).  I don't have plumerias and wasn't the one with the ant problem and don't like using poisons in my yard unless absolutely necessary.  If it's something I couldn't handle I would call someone local like Golden Bear mentioned above.

And, for gosh sakes, can you all keep the political pissing contest over in the politics section, please!

Wow, somebody is having a bad day!! Calm down...relax...the poster was just trying to be helpful.

And as far as I can tell, nobody in this thread has talked about politics.

Your post is very strange/odd.   <_<

#11 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:38 PM

The off-topic post has been deleted.

Thank you whoever did that.

#12 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:27 PM

This thread is about ANTS, "ducky".

There were never any "political pissing contests". Stop the *BS* and the hyperbole.

We accept your apology.  :noyoudint:

#13 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 06:35 PM

The off-topic post has been deleted.

Thank you whoever did that.

And Ducky...........    the mega liberal that you are you got your way once again.........    As you do in the national press as always....  Anyway, I agree, no politics here.   Just over there.   When Trump takes it by 4 to 5 % over the Hildabeast you are going to be apoplectic in your horror, how stupid they can be, how ignorant the Trump voters were, how screwed we are...!   I'd do the same if the Hildabeast was elected...........     Come November we will see..............     How cool is that..............!    We got nothing to lose.   Two bad choices, one I know what we will get, another Obama do nothing Presidency which will cost me a lot in taxes and make America bow to our enemies............    And Trump, maybe less in taxes and more to stand up for us in this world, take the fight to the enemy, and in spadesl, get a long with Russia and cut a deal or two, go after the Jihadis and kill the Chechen jihadi turds in place............  Declare the war that the Jihadis have been fighting these last 800 years but we failed to notice....?   A few deaths here, a few deaths there, an airport or two, maybe a liberal social help place in San Bernardino where they groom you to vote democratic for your aid, they remind you.      Not me, I know my history.   So hope Trump kills the Hildabeast and the rapist Bill at the same time.   Such a strong "Woman".........   Let Billl do his "thing" into over 2000 women while they were married but she still "loves" him..........  Come on dems, wake up....!    She's very evil, and in spades.   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#14 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 06:41 PM

And Ducky...........    the mega liberal that you are you got your way once again.........    As you do in the national press as always....  Anyway, I agree, no politics here.   Just over there.   When Trump takes it by 4 to 5 % over the Hildabeast you are going to be apoplectic in your horror, how stupid they can be, how ignorant the Trump voters were, how screwed we are...!   I'd do the same if the Hildabeast was elected...........     Come November we will see..............     How cool is that..............!    We got nothing to lose.   Two bad choices, one I know what we will get, another Obama do nothing Presidency which will cost me a lot in taxes and make America bow to our enemies............    And Trump, maybe less in taxes and more to stand up for us in this world, take the fight to the enemy, and in spadesl, get a long with Russia and cut a deal or two, go after the Jihadis and kill the Chechen jihadi turds in place............  Declare the war that the Jihadis have been fighting these last 800 years but we failed to notice....?   A few deaths here, a few deaths there, an airport or two, maybe a liberal social help place in San Bernardino where they groom you to vote democratic for your aid, they remind you.      Not me, I know my history.   So hope Trump kills the Hildabeast and the rapist Bill at the same time.   Such a strong "Woman".........   Let Billl do his "thing" into over 2000 women while they were married but she still "loves" him..........  Come on dems, wake up....!    She's very evil, and in spades.   Chris

OMG, I don't believe this needs explaining.

You both are so way off base.  It would be funny if it weren't so sad.  Chris I am NPP.  I voted for Bernie to piss of Hillary just like you did.

The comment was from GOG about Trump building a wall to keep the ants out.

Why do you and 2 Aces feel the need to attack people?

2 Aces, you enjoy that imaginary apology.

Mods, you can delete this if you want.  It will be mine and George Bush's fault if you do, apparently.

#15 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 06:43 PM

original.jpg

Then "ducky" will vote for Trump, right ???  :D:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users