#16 firemedic238

firemedic238

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:22 PM

Locked and loaded,the hounds are pumped and ready to roll
Is that why the red light is flashing at the entrance to the Prison?

#17 5hannon

5hannon

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:41 PM

I'm in Briggs Ranch and can hear choppers, just west of my home. Go get 'em FPD!

#18 leenda

leenda

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:00 PM

Lots of "copter/police" activity here around the Parkway. We're "locked up" for the time being. Be safe, fellow "myfolsomites". Leenda

#19 emilyg59541

emilyg59541

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:24 PM

I hope they enjoy the extra 3 years they get tacked on for trying to escape.

#20 keyplayer

keyplayer

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:music, ballet, scuba diving in tropical locations, bicycling, crusing on the bike (BMW1200LT)

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:11 PM

Saw the red light on the way to work this morning. It doesn't happen too often and they usually try to get out of town fast.

#21 GCM

GCM

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:12 PM

sseriously they haven't caught these guys?, unless they had prearranged transportation, they couldn't be too far. hell, there are so many foreclosed homes around they probably have a warm place to stay, this is bullcrap, as a prison town, we need to have some sort of citizens group that get together when this stuff happens and find these guys, yuppy Folsom is asleep at the wheel. are there any Folsom residents that would rise to this responsibilty? think of hundreds or even thousands of Folsomites combing thru the town, the probability of spotting them would increase exponentially! anyone who agrees say 'aye'!

#22 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:57 AM

sseriously they haven't caught these guys?, unless they had prearranged transportation, they couldn't be too far. hell, there are so many foreclosed homes around they probably have a warm place to stay, this is bullcrap, as a prison town, we need to have some sort of citizens group that get together when this stuff happens and find these guys, yuppy Folsom is asleep at the wheel. are there any Folsom residents that would rise to this responsibilty? think of hundreds or even thousands of Folsomites combing thru the town, the probability of spotting them would increase exponentially! anyone who agrees say 'aye'!

My experience is most escapees try to get as far away from the prison as possible undetected. i.e. they are most likely no longer in town
Feel free to go on your own personal manhunt, I'll remain asleep, comfortable in the knowledge that the authorities are indeed looking for these 2 bad guys and it's my job to stay out of the way.
I would rather be Backpacking

#23 M.E.G.

M.E.G.

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:40 AM

I do think there should be a better way to notify the town that there has been an escape. I think the sooner we know, and know the description the sooner they might get caught. If we are all aware of it. I know I found out about noon, not by the news media, but someone in the "know". I didn't hear about it via news media till the evening news.

M.E.G.

Mechelle Reasoner (formerly Gooch)

Movin'...So You Can!

Morris Williams Realty

Call or txt: 916 955-8698,

Email me

Read my blog, search for homes, find out more about Folsom at FolsomCorner.com

#24 Thinkingoutloud

Thinkingoutloud

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:15 AM

I do think there should be a better way to notify the town that there has been an escape. I think the sooner we know, and know the description the sooner they might get caught. If we are all aware of it. I know I found out about noon, not by the news media, but someone in the "know". I didn't hear about it via news media till the evening news.

M.E.G.

Absolutely agree! In towns with power plants they have sirens/warning systems in case of a leak or emergency. Why should prisons be any different?

#25 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:30 AM

M.E.G.

Good idea, M.E.G. Maybe one of those phone messages to residents like the schools do.

In the past, the only way I'd know to check if something is going on was if I saw the corrections vans (we all knew what they looked like) driving slowly around town. Back then, Folsom was a lot smaller, and it would be more obvious they were looking for someone.

Fortunately, it doesn't happen very often.

I don't like the idea of roving bands of trigger-happy residents with torches and pitchforks. I can just envision an unfortunate mishap with a jogger on a bike trail who happens to be a look-alike for the escapee.

#26 Fowler

Fowler

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:46 AM

It would be nice if there was a better way of notifying people sooner. I actually drove by the prison on my way home from work and didn't notice the light flashing. Then after being home for an hour or so I turned on the news and saw the report. I then decided to go close my garage door. Yes, a bad habit, I know. I still feel fairly safe here, but that may be due to my 80lb German Shepherd.

#27 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:56 AM

Why don't they use the reverse "911" call to the residents. I think the city or police have done a blanket call to the residents before.

That is what I would suggest.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#28 GCM

GCM

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:09 PM

I don't like the idea of roving bands of trigger-happy residents with torches and pitchforks. I can just envision an unfortunate mishap with a jogger on a bike trail who happens to be a look-alike for the escapee.

why not? it's a great idea! no trigger happy would not be good, apprehend and return the
to jail, yes. i really agree with Meg, I think it's pretty retarded that we find out so late about these things. somethings has to be done differently here.

#29 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:32 PM

why not? it's a great idea! no trigger happy would not be good, apprehend and return the
to jail, yes. i really agree with Meg, I think it's pretty retarded disappointing that we find out so late about these things. somethings has to be done differently here.

Well, unless you really know what you are doing, you could end up a hostage instead of apprehending. Most likely, you will just be in law enforcement's way.

Now, if you are in your own home, are handy with a firearm, and they intrude, fire away.

#30 EAH

EAH

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:16 PM

to jail, yes. i really agree with Meg, I think it's pretty retarded that we find out so late about these things. somethings has to be done differently here.

Please refrain from using the term "retarded".
I find it highly offensive as a Godmother to a beautiful girl with DownSyndrome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users